CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,621 of 31,833
I posted this question in the info thread but maybe that isnt the right place I was actually looking for this thread but couldnt find it.

I need some help again choosing some new iems up to 30 euros. I already have the xe800, and until yesterday I also had the musicmaker kk ting, but they ended up in the washer and you can guess what happened.

So I am looking for something with good bass to replace them.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,622 of 31,833
I posted this question in the info thread but maybe that isnt the right place I was actually looking for this thread but couldnt find it.

I need some help again choosing some new iems up to 30 euros. I already have the xe800, and until yesterday I also had the musicmaker kk ting, but they ended up in the washer and you can guess what happened.

Not Chinese but With discount code the Trinity Audio Techne are about $35 USD and ship fast. Red filter gives a ton of bass, Gunmetal is neutral across the board, Purple has high treble and bass that is slightly above gun metal. Very solid IEM.

I have the Ting and prefer the Techne easily. For me, the Ting is kind of boring. Didn't really do anything special

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,623 of 31,833

You might enjoy some of KZ's earphones, namely ZS3 and ED9. I own the ZS3 myself and they are bassy without being overwhelming. But from the review I saw of the XE800 by user Pastapipo I'm not sure if what you're looking for is a bass heavy earphone so I'd recommend you try out KZ ATR or KZ ATE, the Tennmak Pro or the **** UE or 4in1.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,624 of 31,833
Not Chinese but With discount code the Trinity Audio Techne are about $35 USD and ship fast. Red filter gives a ton of bass, Gunmetal is neutral across the board, Purple has high treble and bass that is slightly above gun metal. Very solid IEM.

I have the Ting and prefer the Techne easily. For me, the Ting is kind of boring. Didn't really do anything special

And where could I get it ? The oficial website says it is unnavailable

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,625 of 31,833
You might enjoy some of KZ's earphones, namely ZS3 and ED9. I own the ZS3 myself and they are bassy without being overwhelming. But from the review I saw of the XE800 by user Pastapipo I'm not sure if what you're looking for is a bass heavy earphone so I'd recommend you try out KZ ATR or KZ ATE, the Tennmak Pro or the **** UE or 4in1.

I had the kk ting because I wanted something with a little more bass than the xe800, so I dont mind if the iem is a little bass heavy since I will use it mostly for eletronic music, I use the xe800 for other musics.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #1,626 of 31,833
I had the kk ting because I wanted something with a little more bass than the xe800, so I dont mind if the iem is a little bass heavy since I will use it mostly for eletronic music, I use the xe800 for other musics.

In that case, from the headphones I currently own I think the ZS3 would be a good choice, their bass really shines with electronic tracks. I love listening to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtracks with them, though mind you, it's not what I'd consider a basshead earphone, they are bassy but still have a relatively neutralish signature.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,627 of 31,833
In that case, from the headphones I currently own I think the ZS3 would be a good choice, their bass really shines with electronic tracks. I love listening to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtracks with them, though mind you, it's not what I'd consider a basshead earphone, they are bassy but still have a relatively neutralish signature.

Thats awesome, definitely an option I will consifer since I watched both ghost in the shell movies last week and immediatly downloaded the soundtrack.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,628 of 31,833
Thats awesome, definitely an option I will consifer since I watched both ghost in the shell movies last week and immediatly downloaded the soundtrack.

I recommend you try out "Torkia" from the Ghost in the Shell STAND ALONE COMPLEX O.S.T.3 by Yoko Kanno with them. They really shine with the ZS3.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,629 of 31,833

I have ATE but I wouldn't call them bassy, my Tennmak Piano have much deeper bass and of great quality (with overall bright signature)

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #1,630 of 31,833
ATE can be mixed bag because ATE lineup has at least 4 different iterations. That`s why trhere are many opposing impressions on them.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,631 of 31,833
ATE can be mixed bag because ATE lineup has at least 4 different iterations. That`s why trhere are many opposing impressions on them.

5 indeed. :grin:

I've replaced the cable with Monk+ and they are amazing now. :)

Would definitely recommend if you have any Monk lying around. No more sticky and ugly cable. Of course it sounds clearer and more precise.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #1,632 of 31,833
And where could I get it ? The oficial website says it is unnavailable

Well that sucks. Must have run out. Just got mine the other day.

I've replaced the cable with Monk+ and they are amazing now. :)

Would definitely recommend if you have any Monk lying around. No more sticky and ugly cable. Of course it sounds clearer and more precise.

That would be awesome if I knew what I was doing. I don't listen to the Monk Plus much

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,633 of 31,833
Has anyone seen my questions before? No one replied on it though. I don't use any earphones right now since my pistons 3 died. I'm really really confused on vjjb k4s, tennmak pro and xiaomi piston 3 pro? I thin the 3 pro is relatively new. Should I wait for the zst pro as well? Do they have any sound difference with the original zst? 

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #1,634 of 31,833
Omg, such dedication, thank you very much!

I still think the Pro would fits best for me due to its V-shaped in design. But I'm too afraid of the left/right cable problems that frequently occurs with it. And please don't suggest buying a MMCX cable as a solution because I think that's ridiculous (some customers has been told this by the official sellers on aliexpress).

Other that that, I pretty much settle with the Pro.

Anyway, $6 for the Soundsoul S018, what do you guys think?

Left/right cable problems?

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,635 of 31,833

I've replaced the cable with Monk+ and they are amazing now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you follow any tutorial to replace the cables? Which cable did you use? 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back