CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 12, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #648 of 31,867
  @crabdog
I would be interested to hear how you would compare them to the shozy zero.

Also, what's the deal with the cable on the Tennmaks, does a replacement cable make them sound better?
I think someone mentioned a silver cable in this thread.

@GodZeon If I have time tonight I'll A/B them again with the Zero.

The only other cable I've tried with them is the one from my Hisenior TD1. I didn't notice any significant change in the sound. Pic of the Hisenior cable:

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #649 of 31,867
ClieOS, when are Your going to share impressions on TFZ Series 5 ?

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #650 of 31,867
@GodZeon Compared to the Zero I'd say the Piano has a tighter, punchier bass and an overall "cleaner" sound. Upper mids of the Piano are more forward but don't have as much air as the Zero. Highs are more extended and prominent on the Piano as well. Zero mids are more forward, particularly the lower mids.

They're both good and I don't really have a preference for either one. I switch between them often depending on what I'm doing (Piano over ear better for movement and noise isolation etc) and what I'm listening to. Sorry I don't have time to cover in more detail atm.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #651 of 31,867
:persevere::persevere::persevere: too many iems

Yeah, Like a Maharaja with too much womens to choose from his harem...
Can drive crazy!
But here on Headfi it's too many GOOD IEM, if we were in the dark perhaps we would think: too many bad IEMS.
wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #653 of 31,867
to sum up:
tfz series 1: bass (although im not a basshead, the soundstage here impresses me the most)
tfz series 3: sub bass is very nice but grainy treble
tfz series 5: balanced and packs details

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #656 of 31,867
Hmm... Kind of curious about some of these chinese IEMs, headphones and dac/amp. So I'm thinking of making myself a "goodiebag" with audio gear under 100$ to see what things sound like and if they are even worth my time at a later date (each individual part has to cost less than 35$ including shipping). Any tips as to what is interesting to try out?

Just to create a baseline, my preferences to sound signature is neutral with a very slight bump in the lower end.

I think it would be fin to try out some new stuff rather than just being stuck with all the regular super expencive brands.
tongue_smile.gif

Edit:
Aliexpress Shopping cart currently look like this:
- Tenmak Piano
- Tenmak Pro dual
- DZAT DF-10
- Xiaomi Hybrid
- KZ-ED2
- VE Monk
Putting total purchase sum at: 98.3$

Either this package or I jsut buy a single pair of BossHifi B8 as they just look so awesome.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #657 of 31,867
Hmm... Kind of curious about some of these chinese IEMs, headphones and dac/amp. So I'm thinking of making myself a "goodiebag" with audio gear under 100$ to see what things sound like and if they are even worth my time at a later date (each individual part has to cost less than 35$ including shipping). Any tips as to what is interesting to try out?

Just to create a baseline, my preferences to sound signature is neutral with a very slight bump in the lower end.

I think it would be fin to try out some new stuff rather than just being stuck with all the regular super expencive brands.:tongue_smile:  

Edit:
Aliexpress Shopping cart currently look like this:
- Tenmak Piano
- Tenmak Pro dual
- DZAT DF-10
- Xiaomi Hybrid
- KZ-ED2
- VE Monk
Putting total purchase sum at: 98.3$

Either this package or I jsut buy a single pair of BossHifi B8 as they just look so awesome.

Looks good, though I would swap out the ED2 for the EDR2. :p It matches up with your preferred signature better than the ED2 would imo.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #658 of 31,867
Swaped the ED for EDR, other than that I ended up ordering the list 
etysmile.gif
 Hopefully I'll be able to do some comparisons if ou guys want that.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #660 of 31,867
  Yes please :D give us all the info you can 

Sure, but I'm not exactly good at noticing stuff other than I know what I think sounds right and what doesnt to my ears 
tongue_smile.gif
 Guess I'll be reading up on things like that before I get them, after all it usually takes about a month to get stuff from Aliexpress 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back