CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 21, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #376 of 31,857
QKZ X8 arrived today, meh! Not as good as the X6 Tuna/mystery brand I got the other day.

On another note Zircons have been displaced from my top 10 by the Joyroom E107, the sound is awesome especially from something so tiny.

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #377 of 31,857
  What's the best bargain that I can get for $30? I want a neutral almost analytical sound, thanks

I'm waiting for a rock zircon for random use

Not sure what the exchange rate is currently but I've just got a pair of **** UES Customs for my own use. I wouldn't describe the sound as neutral but it doesn't seem to over-emphasise any particular frequency.

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #378 of 31,857
  What's the best bargain that I can get for $30? I want a neutral almost analytical sound, thanks

I'm waiting for a rock zircon for random use

I'm far from having heard everything but I find the Swing IE800 (Aliexpress 12-15$) quite neutral and analytical in his soundsignature, they do not have chirurgical highs tough and the mids are a little fowards but still very neutral and not a basshead IEM.

Superlux HD381 (12-30$) are quite neutral too, soundstage is bigger than the IE800 and it have more bass impact.

LZ-02A (Aliexpress) are more in the price range you talk about and they are bright and neutral, you hear everything with them (I test them with my own music that I produce so I can tell they are the more high centric of all 3). Ah, they have a mic too, if it can be something else than a decorative aspect for you.

Good luck with your quest!

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #379 of 31,857
I highly doubt you will find anything neutral or analytical in that price range. The two that come to mind reading about as neutral are the Havi B3 Pro 1 and the Carot Tittas, the Havi being more popular and easy to find. You have to double that budget though.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #382 of 31,857
I highly doubt you will find anything neutral or analytical in that price range. The two that come to mind reading about as neutral are the Havi B3 Pro 1 and the Carot Tittas, the Havi being more popular and easy to find. You have to double that budget though.
neutral and analytical is hard to find. I believe you are looking for smth like er4pt

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #383 of 31,857
While it's no Etymotic, for around $8 the QKZ W1 Pro is one of the few IEMs at this price range that doesn't aim for a bass-centric sound. I'm not really aware of any other IEM under $30 that'll come close to being neutral.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #384 of 31,857
While it's no Etymotic, for around $8 the QKZ W1 Pro is one of the few IEMs at this price range that doesn't aim for a bass-centric sound. I'm not really aware of any other IEM under $30 that'll come close to being neutral.

So happy to see the W1 Pro being recommended so often. I was totally expecting it to have a week or two of coverage then disappear into the aether. I'm still the only one to review them though. You guys need to get on that and give them some more coverage 
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #385 of 31,857
Musicmaker tw1 is extremely hard to drive

You've got some pretty good sources. They should be cake to drive, especially for a microdriver.

Even with just a lowly HTC One M8 they're quickly driven to pretty nasty volumes. I've been listening on volume 2-4 out of 14, song dependent. They're certainly no Havi B3 when it comes to requiring the juice, or even VJJB K2S for that matter. K2S requires a couple extra notches on the ol' volume dial.

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #386 of 31,857

I'm asking for something with that kind of sound to use outside, not an in-ear studio monitor to use for mastering.
Thanks

I'm far from having heard everything but I find the Swing IE800 (Aliexpress 12-15$) quite neutral and analytical in his soundsignature, they do not have chirurgical highs tough and the mids are a little fowards but still very neutral and not a basshead IEM.

Superlux HD381 (12-30$) are quite neutral too, soundstage is bigger than the IE800 and it have more bass impact.

LZ-02A (Aliexpress) are more in the price range you talk about and they are bright and neutral, you hear everything with them (I test them with my own music that I produce so I can tell they are the more high centric of all 3). Ah, they have a mic too, if it can be something else than a decorative aspect for you.

Good luck with your quest!

Thank you so much, I'm probably going for the LZ-02A then

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #387 of 31,857
Musicmaker TW1 should be in the running for the $20-30 category. So far it's really nice. Quality microdrivers ftw!

ordered the tw1 yesterday--if they're no good i'll know who to blame...
road tested a couple of new arrivals recently:
1. remax rm600 (single ba)--the loudest, brightest iem i've ever heard--these things roar with just a touch of juice. detail and treble energy are extraordinary; also a ton of bass impact for a ba (almost too much with comply tips/deep insertion). a bit strident/shrill at the high end--these are not for the treble sensitive. not yet the giant killer i had hoped--we'll see if these get a little tamer with time.
2. **** ckw1000 ($17 flagrant knockoffs of the $300 ath ckw1000anv)--the polar opposite of the remax--heavy, dark mid-centric, with subwoofer type bass. soundstage is very large and instrument placement is good--not a lot of microdetail or treble extension, but might be good with certain types of heavier music. a subject for further study.

High-End **** CKW1000 Enthusiast HIFI In-ear Earphone Noise Isolating Bass Metal Earphone With Mic Free Shipping

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #388 of 31,857
  ordered the tw1 yesterday--if they're no good i'll know who to blame...
road tested a couple of new arrivals recently:
1. remax rm600 (single ba)--the loudest, brightest iem i've ever heard--these things roar with just a touch of juice. detail and treble energy are extraordinary; also a ton of bass impact for a ba (almost too much with comply tips/deep insertion). a bit strident/shrill at the high end--these are not for the treble sensitive. not yet the giant killer i had hoped--we'll see if these get a little tamer with time.
2. **** ckw1000 ($17 flagrant knockoffs of the $300 ath ckw1000anv)--the polar opposite of the remax--heavy, dark mid-centric, with subwoofer type bass. soundstage is very large and instrument placement is good--not a lot of microdetail or treble extension, but might be good with certain types of heavier music. a subject for further study.

High-End **** CKW1000 Enthusiast HIFI In-ear Earphone Noise Isolating Bass Metal Earphone With Mic Free Shipping

Strange for me the the remax rm600 are a bit shy regarding treble extension and not overly bright but more in the balanced side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back