CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #361 of 31,833
I want to upgrade my Piston 3 but I prefer a brighter signature and a good soundstage. I think I search something similar to the VE Monks+ but with more isolation. The Monks are great but sometimes I have to up the vol too much and they can be uncomfortable after a while.

I followed this thread but I can't find a review about the 808, and you are constantly talking about them haha

Go to the Chinese IEM thread

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #363 of 31,833

Hum....a real competitor to the Monk earbuds?
Should I put this in the Best list too?

If so...a litltle more words in your sound description and were in business
beerchug.gif

You got it!

This is my "favorite to least" from my front page Profile.....

E-BUDS (from favorite to least):

1. TY HI-Z (by Tamrac) (The best earbuds I've ever heard coming from a budget level that can hang with the "big boys" -soundstage, crisp details, vocals, and sub-bass are epic!)
2. VE MONK (These are right upthere with the HI-Z's with great clarity and micro details from end to end)
3. GranVela/Mrice/Baldoor E100 (excellent "live" soundstage covering the bass, mids, and high's almost in perfect harmony!)
4. Edifier H185 (basically competes and matches the Yuin earbuds in sound alone)
5. EarPods (by Apple)

My sound description for the TY-HIZ and the VE MONKS can be found below......

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/29490#post_12653332

Glad to help! 
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #364 of 31,833
@SuperMAG beats me, I just came back from a long hiatus from IEM and head-fi so i haven't a clue what's good now lol! The new KZ ZS3 looks pretty awesome, only 1/2 of an impression out so far from clear head (qc problem on his pair)

KZ ZS3!!!
HTB1GHG5KpXXXXc9XXXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

blink.gif

I'm moooore than intrigued by these ones.

Quite incredible how they keep inventing new KZ models....hope this one will be a work of art!

HTB1bRCKKpXXXXafXVXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

This one are not Dual drivers...

But they got a detachable cable (wich for sub 30$ earphones is a kind of contradictory luxury).

Specs:
  1. Time to market: 2015
  2. Brand Name: KZ
  3. Style: Ear Hook
  4. Line Length: 1.2m
  5. Resistance: 18Ω
  6. Package: Yes
  7. Use: Mobile Phone
  8. Communication: Wired
  9. Plug Type: L Bending
  10. Sensitivity: 106dB
  11. Connectors: 3.5mm
  12. Is wireless: No
  13. Function: Noise Cancelling,Microphone,For Routine Office Work,For Mobile Phone,Portable,HiFi Headphone,Sport,Supports music
  14. With Microphone: Yes
  15. Frequency Response Range: 20-20000Hz
  16. Model Number: KZ ZS3

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #365 of 31,833
Initial impressions after about 30-45 minutes of listening to the A&D D2 and A/Bing against the Letv Reverse.

The stock tips are perfectly fine for the D2. It has a long Nozzle and needs deep insertion so they work better than Auvio. I am actually using the clear silicone with light blue hybrid from my TK13 since they are exactly the same as the stock but I prefer the look.

Sound wise, the bass similar between them, I think there is more rumble from the D2. Both are bass emphasized though.

Mids have better clarity with the D2. Vocals are more audible and easy to understand.

Highs, well they are brighter but lack a bit of clarity. Still they are more engaging

The Letv appear to have a slightly wider sound stage and better separation but they lack clarity and are so dark they are kind of boring. The D2 have a better build quality, are sweat resistant and have a more fun, clear sound.

One note, I think im hearing some peakiness in the D2. Hopefully burn in will fix

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #366 of 31,833
Initial impressions after about 30-45 minutes of listening to the A&D D2 and A/Bing against the Letv Reverse.

The stock tips are perfectly fine for the D2. It has a long Nozzle and needs deep insertion so they work better than Auvio. I am actually using the clear silicone with light blue hybrid from my TK13 since they are exactly the same as the stock but I prefer the look.

Sound wise, the bass similar between them, I think there is more rumble from the D2. Both are bass emphasized though.

Mids have better clarity with the D2. Vocals are more audible and easy to understand.

Highs, well they are brighter but lack a bit of clarity. Still they are more engaging

The Letv appear to have a slightly wider sound stage and better separation but they lack clarity and are so dark they are kind of boring. The D2 have a better build quality, are sweat resistant and have a more fun, clear sound.

One note, I think im hearing some peakiness in the D2. Hopefully burn in will fix
yea mids is the forte of D2

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #367 of 31,833
Ok, highs aren't brighter, is the just the mids being better than the Letv. These are lacking quite a bit in highs which I did read before I got them, gotta push the volume. I'm still enjoying them more than the Letv at this point b/c of the mids

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #369 of 31,833
  What's the best bargain that I can get for $30? I want a neutral almost analytical sound, thanks

I'm waiting for a rock zircon for random use

Zircon is about as far away from neutral as you can get but it's still awesome. Can't help you with analytical iems, they bore me to tears.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #371 of 31,833
just get myself joyroom e103

man, the box is huge, considering the accessories isn't that much (only shirt clip, spare eartips x3 pair, and fake leather pouch)

also, the build quality is very mediocre compared to rock product, can't we at least get fabric coated cable? and the housing at the first glance looks like cheap plastic(even though it said to made of aluminum). very small housing, about the same as kz hds1

first impression feels like kz ate with tighter bass, which means non fatiguing sound with 'tame' high.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #372 of 31,833

At least there's more details about the TY HI-Z at the link below.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/29490#post_12653332

Enjoy my review! 
wink.gif

ok i just tired to buy a shozy zero on ebay second hand and got beaten by a dollar :frowning2:

so i took your advice and bought the TY hiZ

problem is though, i still want another pair of IEMs with mic

anyone got recommendation for monk-esque IEM with a mic? the monk just doesn't have enough isolation on a noisy tram

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #373 of 31,833

ok i just tired to buy a shozy zero on ebay second hand and got beaten by a dollar :frowning2:

so i took your advice and bought the TY hiZ

problem is though, i still want another pair of IEMs with mic

anyone got recommendation for monk-esque IEM with a mic? the monk just doesn't have enough isolation on a noisy tram

You are basically contradicting yourself, the Monk are awesome due to their enourmous soundstage and organic sound, most of it due to the vented earbud design. You won't be able to replicate it with a sealed IEM :b

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back