CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #12,751 of 31,833
Barring a few exceptions , the mics on most of these earphones is pretty poor IMO.

I always go for the microphone option if available, mostly because of the ability to pause and move to the next song in a playlist. The ability to pause is essential for me to keep my marriage healthy :)

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #12,752 of 31,833
I don't listen to METAL!!!! But Nightwish sounds fantastic on V80, so does Tool. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas not so much, but it's not good recording either.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #12,753 of 31,833
The emi ci-880 only grows on me. Super tight bass, incredible depht and marvelous highs. Stage seems natural, not too big, airy enough to provide a natural sense of staging. Not congested. What most impresses me are the tighness and fast decay of the sound.

Love love love them. I think i will have to revise my favourites.

Ps: they are with a filter of hifiman on the nozzle.

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #12,754 of 31,833
The emi ci-880 only grows on me. Super tight bass, incredible depht and marvelous highs. Stage seems natural, not too big, airy enough to provide a natural sense of staging. Not congested. What most impresses me are the tighness and fast decay of the sound.

Love love love them. I think i will have to revise my favourites.

Ps: they are with a filter of hifiman on the nozzle.

It is a diamond in the rough for sure!

Do you have the version with the original white cable, or the new black cable version? That’s my only real beef with the ci-880 - the chincy white cable. Well, that and the black filter they put on.

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #12,755 of 31,833
I cant comment on the v80s for metal, as I mainly listen to DnB and electro. However I had the RHA t20s a while back and the v80s DESTROY them!

Also a bit of a comparison I guess is rediculously fast drums (metal and dnb do have that in common I guess to a slight degree, with DnB being a lot faster) but these can keep up with crazy fast multi layered breaks and amens whilst still staying clear and seperated, so you should be good.

The bass is also rediculous on these, once you get some volume pumping through them. Not so great at low volumes though ... but I suspect as it's metal you're into you probably crank them up like I do.
Never tried the t20s, I only know they are more expensive than the ma750s but damn, you are hyping me up even more, lol. This is going to be a long month waiting for them hahaha

I don't listen to METAL!!!! But Nightwish sounds fantastic on V80, so does Tool. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas not so much, but it's not good recording either.
I like Tool a lot, that's very good to hear :D

I'm starting to think that if I love them half of what I'm expecting them to be, a beast inside me might be unleashed to start a chi-fi collection, lol.

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #12,756 of 31,833
It is a diamond in the rough for sure!

Do you have the version with the original white cable, or the new black cable version? That’s my only real beef with the ci-880 - the chincy white cable. Well, that and the black filter they put on.

Mind have the white cabld :/

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #12,757 of 31,833
I was just listening to the C630 (white cable) absolutely fantastic with female vocals

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #12,759 of 31,833
Got a triple whammy to pick up tomorrow morning.
Ormosia monitor, Liam and Daan State and QKZ QF2. With the latter coming in at the large price of £2.57.
Impressions to follow.....

I searched Aliexpress for the QKZ QF2 and see nothing on them. Do you have a link to an Aliexpress seller?

Edit: Never mind, they are just resellin the MoreBlue DM8. Which are a decent little IEM for the meager $3 MoreBlue sells them for!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #12,760 of 31,833
I'm starting to think that if I love them half of what I'm expecting them to be, a beast inside me might be unleashed to start a chi-fi collection, lol.

I hope you got in on the V80 sale, 50% off. I took the metal protector out of the nozzle, and placed some headphone foam in there, solved all the treble peak issues I had.

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #12,761 of 31,833
Hey guys,

I tried searching most of this forum but what is the consensus with TFZ, The Fragrant Zither? Are their offerings worth the premium over the KZ ZS10? Are there other headphones that are better for the price? Got to say, they look good

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #12,762 of 31,833
Hey guys,

I tried searching most of this forum but what is the consensus with TFZ, The Fragrant Zither? Are their offerings worth the premium over the KZ ZS10? Are there other headphones that are better for the price? Got to say, they look good

Yes, absolutely. The TFZ King Pro, for instance, is phenomenal for the price and my favorite thing under $200.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #12,763 of 31,833
Back to the Tinaudio T2 again. I've tried changing tips, wear it down, over ears, switched sides and tape the nozzles to calm the trebles but it ALL didnt work for me.......

BUT
I saw a post on r/headphones ytd (top post) and read the guy doing the bass mod, i thought maybe i should give it a try. And that was also on commute ytd that i was wearing the banned IEM in my arsenal after going the whole past 2 weeks with the Tennmak Pro. I was like "Hey, this thing (banned IEM) actually doesnt isolate that well relative to the TMP, its just abit better than the T2" so i was curious what the bass mod will do to the isolation.

Then i went home and cut a piece of micropore and just paste it over the front vent and ta da, i couldnt tell the difference (in isolation as i was at home) but was enjoying the clear music on the T2. Crisp highs, delightful mids and le bass i cant tell the difference.

So before i went out today, i did a 2 layer micropore above the vent and boy, the isolation isnt that bad anymore. Still retain the airy signature (a bit lesser) which still gives room for the highs to dance in, which IMO is what makes T2 a league on its own at the price range.

They are gonna be my daily driver for the next few months at least... until the AS10

TLDR:
- Never convinced by T2 due to isolation
- Front bass vent mod improved isolation alot
- Me happy

Edit: Since i'm at it, i did a quick comparison of the 3 IEMs at ard the same price range, the T2, Hifi Walker A1 and the er-hem fantastic four in a room.

Most musical of all is the T2, most balanced out of the 3 and has a frequency boost probably around the upper mids to treble region. The A1 is V shaped, recessed mids. The fantastic four has a similar V shaped signature but not as engaging as the A1 in its lower and mid section. Has better vocal seperation than the other 2.

With the T2 i am able to tell the placement of the instruments better than the other 2. And for vocals especially backup vocals i cant tell it as well on the T2 than the (er-hem).

The sub-bass and bass is where the A1 excels in, T2 has nice bass but lacks the speed and thump. The fantastic four lacks the energy on their lower range sadly.

I love all 3 of them, but for weakness i think the T2 has the least (except initially the isolation), might be too early to tell but that's after like 3hrs of detailed listening.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #12,764 of 31,833
Following on from yesterday and the triple whammy pick up.
Just given the three models a quick test run and wouldn't you know it the £2.57 QKZ QF2 on first listen blow the others away!
Even come in a Westone type monitor box.
Look exactly like an upside down Shure E2c but can be worn up or down.
Superb closed monitor sound, quite fllat with slightly forward vocals and a rolled off but nice treble, Very dynamic too.
Absolutely chuffed so far And for the price they are ridiculously brilliant.
As for the other two....jury is out
Will give them more time......well that's if I can stop listening to the QF2.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #12,765 of 31,833
Just had a little listen to the MoreBlue DM8 (QKZ QF2 Rebrand) they sound really good for their weird shape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back