CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 20, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #10,846 of 31,833
For the isolation, all you need is the tips that come with the ROCK zircon. The zircons are very cheap, so... shouldn't be a problem. That combo is the ultimate combo, and makes ANY other chi-fi IEM pointless (IMHO). Also, Tin Audio are working on a T2 PRO, that will have more bass (if that's your thing), so you could wait for those to release as well.

The problem is not from the tip only, but because it is back vented, so it will always bleed a little noise, unless you put earmuffs on top of them.

The T2 is one of the best iems under 100, especially in cold sounding balanced neutral category, but the sound character is not for everyone and not for everything. So to say the T2 makes other chi fi pointless is very subjective.

I love the T2, but i also think it is not "the ultimate" better than all other in my collections. The King Pro and Kanas are more mature sounding and more coherent (but one can argue because they are in a different price point), and the Svara Red (more or less same priced) is more enjoyable for warm sound. Even the Einsear T2 (cheaper) has it's own special place

May 20, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #10,847 of 31,833
The problem is not from the tip only, but because it is back vented, so it will always bleed a little noise, unless you put earmuffs on top of them.

OP was looking for good isolation to keep external sounds from his commute from leaking IN.

"I'll be riding public transport and want to drown the world out"
I still contend that the T2 with foam tips (included stock) do just that.

May 21, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #10,849 of 31,833
May 21, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #10,850 of 31,833
that's a bad habit. please don't do that
I mean to say that, if he is autorickshaw like I am right now, with traffic jamm yelling in this stupid summer..

He can use foam tip and play loud from his smartphone or dap...

I don't mean blowing his iem up.
It isolates well enough.

Home and office uses, isolation doesn't really matters that much, but if he is doubt....

T2 isolates well, if not excellent

May 21, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #10,851 of 31,833
OP was looking for good isolation to keep external sounds from his commute from leaking IN.

"I'll be riding public transport and want to drown the world out"
I still contend that the T2 with foam tips (included stock) do just that.

to me, the T2 has a character sound that doesn't fight with the outside noise, meaning i can hear the music clearly at moderate volume even if it's noisy outside..but it sorta blend together like background music. i terms of blocking noise, my other iems have better isolation (especially the Etys and TFZ shell). well, it depends on what drown the world means to the OP then :k701smile:

May 21, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #10,852 of 31,833
What are the best headphones I can get <$50? My priorities are:

1. Sound quality, I like a fairly neutral but fun sound
2. Isolation, I'll be riding public transport and want to drown the world out
3. Comfort, want to listen for long hours
4. Easy to drive

If anyone has a good answer, I'll be eternally grateful.
Tin Audio T2 with Ostry 200 or similar

May 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #10,853 of 31,833
I mean to say that, if he is autorickshaw like I am right now, with traffic jamm yelling in this stupid summer..

He can use foam tip and play loud from his smartphone or dap...

I don't mean blowing his iem up.
It isolates well enough.

Home and office uses, isolation doesn't really matters that much, but if he is doubt....

T2 isolates well, if not excellent

The concern isn't that he'll blow up his iems. It's that he'll blow up his ear drums. :D

May 21, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #10,854 of 31,833
TFZ Queen...

DduKUwzU0AE8vcD.jpg:large

May 21, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #10,856 of 31,833
May 21, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #10,857 of 31,833
From what I have read of your review, it seems to me that this new IEM does not bring anything new to what exists in the market. I interpret for what I read that for example, Fiio FH1 or TFZ Exclusive 5 are better in their price range.
Well this iem sounds more like dunu falcon on mid bass drugs for me.

Mid bass has too much strength

Users who are viewing this thread

Back