CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 15, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #10,711 of 31,833
Audiophile or audio fooled...

Which iem fooled you....

Well the one which you liked on the first day, but you realised that it is weird in some aspect and you are not able to guess that.

Well it sound nice but weird and is overhyped.

For me it is Sony MDR z1r
The BGVP DS1. It sounds great and detailed on some songs, but yesterday I once discovered it can be the exact oppositie on other frequencies. Especially with guitary and rocklike music, the sound can be extremely veiled. Such a strange thing. May need to mod it... but how?

May 15, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #10,712 of 31,833
May 15, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #10,714 of 31,833
The BGVP DS1. It sounds great and detailed on some songs, but yesterday I once discovered it can be the exact oppositie on other frequencies. Especially with guitary and rocklike music, the sound can be extremely veiled. Such a strange thing. May need to mod it... but how?

Well you want to know.. It has a funny reason to sound like that....

Its the tube which connect the BA to brass nozzle. Chinese BA don't respond to tubing. They are tuned when placed in the sound field like zs5 and zs6(Mr chain saw).

The Mod is advanced level and pricey, but it can transform your IEM to something like Godzilla.

Go to home made iem thread.....research on crossover, study your DS1 crossover and change the driver with Knowles TWFK and apply the same crossover. Just don't disturb the tuning/ signature.

Sometimes, the tubing disturb the sound and sometimes the phase also.

So check the phase and add some delay if needed.

Easier method... But needs more knowledge and instrument..

Check the phase of all the driver by connecting to microphone(calibrated).

Add some delay if needed and also try correcting the impulse response.

Get the data and create a circuit doing this stuff.

But then you would be needing an amp to drive these and they will convert still convert into Godzilla(just a little smaller than the TWFK mod)

May 15, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #10,715 of 31,833
So I just wanted to follow up on my previous impression of Yersen FEN-2000. After hours and hours or burn in, I am afraid they are not getting better - bass is still weak and highs are pretty damn harsh and sibilant (even if super detailed and stunningly three-dimensional). I almost think I got a faulty pair - other places (e.g. audiobudget and even feedbacks on Aliexpress from the same store) say that it is bass-heavy and no sibilance at all (obviously my experience is the opposite). I bought from Highlight Gllobal Store.

- Does everyone who has Yersen FEN-2000 agree with the above?
- Can it be bad cable rather than bad IEMs? (this is my first MMCX pair so no clue how much of a role cable plays really)

@Dustry I recently received both the Yersen FEN-2000 and Tin Audio T2. I also have the Tin T515. If you re-check Audiobudget in the section describing mids he does indicate some sibilance with the FEN-2000 and I too have noticed this although it is less than many of my other earphones. I find it interesting that the Tin T2 and Fen are similarly shaped but when you attach R earpiece to R side of cable they are opposite, so the part where the cable enters the T2 fits down through the slot in your ear when worn cable down. If you try to wear the FEN cable down this part of the earphone does not fit into the slot and you will have difficulty getting a good seal. I wear the FEN cable up over ear and the fit is much improved you can also try wearing the left earpiece in the right ear and right in left with the cable down and see if that improves the bass.(if it does you can then switch the earpieces). I also use the KZ starline tips on the Tins and FEN and find that they provide the best seal for me and therefore the best bass response. I also find that the FEN has a leaner presentation that is more detailed. I agree that the two TIN earphones have more quantity of overall bass, the FEN is a little more mid bass centered and has more punch to it. As far as the Tin T2, T515 and FEN-2000 regarding my preference I like the Tin T2 best then the FEN-2000 and then the Tin T515 although all 3 are quite good. Hope this helps.

May 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #10,716 of 31,833
Well, guys

Tyll left inner fidelity.....

So sad I am

He retired

Second news...

@audionab will be working on iem project, if budget allows him and I would be working with him.

And this ain't BA work...but a dynamic driver project

And will be buying from aliexpress or alibaba...

Those Chinese driver...

Over and out

May 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #10,717 of 31,833
May 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #10,718 of 31,833

Give me some examples of music that you experience this. In my case i sometimes use the ds1 in flat eq and sometimes a few db's less in 4-6 khz. Never veiled. Tell how it sounds with this eq and or flat and we will discover if we have different versions.
SmartSelect_20180515-134209_Poweramp.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #10,719 of 31,833
any high quality MMCX cable recommendation for decent price on Ali (20-30 USD max)?

I have really like G&V and OurArt cables in addition to the DGVP mentioned above. I prefer the G&V silver plated copper model that looks a bit like the ALO/Campfire Tinsel. Honestly the ALO/Campfire Tinsel itself is really good and at $59 on the scratch & Dent page not too far above what you are looking at.

May 15, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #10,720 of 31,833
Give me some examples of music that you experience this. In my case i sometimes use the ds1 in flat eq and sometimes a few db's less in 4-6 khz. Never veiled. Tell how it sounds with this eq and or flat and we will discover if we have different versions.

you did it ryt my friend..

you know your resonances

May 15, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #10,721 of 31,833
Hello friends

I usually spend a lot of time reading your comments and I usually post a few comments. This time I want your opinion, since I have received these headphones from a famous Aliexpress store in this state:

What do you think?
Is it normal for a prestigious store to send this material in these conditions?
Should I keep them & return them & claim?

1j3v51Q.jpg

S40Csth.jpg

Thanks for your advice

Pd .: later I will give more information, such as the name of the store, etc. since for now I am claiming

May 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #10,723 of 31,833
Thanks! The only eq I know to use a bit now is Spotify’s, so I don’t have that many options. Two songs that pop in mind are:

- Muse - Bliss
- Kensington - Do I Ever

Hello friends

I usually spend a lot of time reading your comments and I usually post a few comments. This time I want your opinion, since I have received these headphones from a famous Aliexpress store in this state:

What do you think?
Is it normal for a prestigious store to send this material in these conditions?
Should I keep them & return them & claim?

1j3v51Q.jpg

S40Csth.jpg

Thanks for your advice

Pd .: later I will give more information, such as the name of the store, etc. since for now I am claiming
Aw, that s*cks. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back