CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 21, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #9,572 of 31,833
@Slater.....well it is not that fishy...

In the end, it matters on tuning.

Give a Haselblad camera to noobie, and he can't take worthwhile picture....

Give a smartphone to a pro photographer and he will click amazing photos..

So if they can really tune graphene...then it will be amazing set of earbuds to travel with..

Otherwise graphene can be worse than a paper cone, sibilant treble and shouty mids.

@manukmanohar

You should not buy iem on just mere suggestion....first know about yourself and what signature you like...everybody can't respect etymotic er4....to me, it sounded anaemic in bass and to thin....until ety released er4xr and I stole it from my friend(reimbursed him by getting him another pair on discount days)...

If you like bass, magaosi x3 won't pay you back....but for its limitless treble extension and smooth mids with a good reference tuning...it will..

For most of the guys here....

Rose north forest, TinAudio t1 is the best bet if detachable cable is not a issue

Otherwise niceHCK bro..

Neutral lover can get TinAudio t2.

For the people who want to buy kinera H3

Kinera H3 sounds like tralucent audio 1plus2 on drugs and steroid..

Tralucent sounds like grado and kinera takes that grado sound to another level.....which is sibilance .

Well TWFK vs dual tweeter does makes sense
I read somewhere that they just apply a layer of coating , that’s about it.
If the driver is made of pure graphene that’s another story. Can we trust Chifi

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #9,573 of 31,833
I read somewhere that they just apply a layer of coating , that’s about it.
If the driver is made of pure graphene that’s another story. Can we trust Chifi

Yes, all "graphene drivers" are made by coating multiple layers of graphene onto a substrate diaphragm (usually mylar).

The only (currently known) company that has developed a pure graphene diaphragm for commercial audio use is Ora.

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #9,574 of 31,833
How do you find the pt15? I got 1 otw

Do you mean 'how did I like it?', or do you mean 'how did I discover it?'

I discovered it on HeadFi, as it's constantly recommended (and rightfully so).

As far as my impressions of it, it has completely changed my mind about earbuds after decades of writing them off.

Sure, just like anything, there are many other (better) choices than the PT15. There's an earbud thread dedicated to hundreds of them.

But I was not willing to invest heavily in earbuds, having poor memories of them from years ago. The PT15 (specifically, the v2 which has a revised housing, revised tuning, and a graphene driver), was the perfect earbud to re-introduce me to earbuds, and open my eyes to how much they've changed and how fat they've come.

It is built well, sounds great, is comfortable to wear, has removeable MMCX cables, and is very inexpensive. I've actually been using them all day, and am wearing them as I type this.

I am skeptical, however, that the "anniversary" version is any more than a color change to the housing. Even if the driver is revised w/a slightly larger magnet, I doubt it's worth a 4-5x price premium. I would advise people to start with the "regular" $8-$10 PT15, and decide from there if more expense is warranted. I think the majority would find the performance of the "regular v2" one more than adequate.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #9,579 of 31,833
Do you mean 'how did I like it?', or do you mean 'how did I discover it?'

I discovered it on HeadFi, as it's constantly recommended (and rightfully so).

As far as my impressions of it, it has completely changed my mind about earbuds after decades of writing them off.

Sure, just like anything, there are many other (better) choices than the PT15. There's an earbud thread dedicated to hundreds of them.

But I was not willing to invest heavily in earbuds, having poor memories of them from years ago. The PT15 (specifically, the v2 which has a revised housing, revised tuning, and a graphene driver), was the perfect earbud to re-introduce me to earbuds, and open my eyes to how much they've changed and how fat they've come.

It is built well, sounds great, is comfortable to wear, has removeable MMCX cables, and is very inexpensive. I've actually been using them all day, and am wearing them as I type this.

I am skeptical, however, that the "anniversary" version is any more than a color change to the housing. Even if the driver is revised w/a slightly larger magnet, I doubt it's worth a 4-5x price premium. I would advise people to start with the "regular" $8-$10 PT15, and decide from there if more expense is warranted. I think the majority would find the performance of the "regular v2" one more than adequate.
I bought from Ali anniversary. It should be regular v2? It's from nicr hck

Apr 21, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #9,580 of 31,833
Hard call but I prefer BGVP DM5 over Rose North Forest as they are more comfortable being over ear, I also like the sound signature. The North Forest is very good though

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #9,583 of 31,833
Rose north forest is a tuning which everybody can listen and enjoy

DM5 is zs6 went bad... Treble is even more glaring and energy is skewed towards the treble region.
Mids are a little shouty.

North forest is not a upgrade but a complete change.

BGVP DS1 upgrade is magaosi x3....because they have near identical looks and magaosi is way better tuned and

Damm that armature speed bass

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back