CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 13, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #3,858 of 31,833
What do you think guys of xiaomi voice of china ? Is it good for today standards ? I only found some old reviews from 2015

It's well made and a quality IEM, but my problem with it was it was a little vanilla. There was nothing that stood out and made me think I would listen to this ahead of the other IEMs I've tried. For the price there's much better options, BossHifi B3 seems to be in a similar price bracket as are the KZ ZS5s.

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #3,862 of 31,833
Thanks everyone for help
It's well made and a quality IEM, but my problem with it was it was a little vanilla. There was nothing that stood out and made me think I would listen to this ahead of the other IEMs I've tried. For the price there's much better options, BossHifi B3 seems to be in a similar price bracket as are the KZ ZS5s.

I've bought them on impulse one month earlier for $15 and I have just recieved them this morning. They sound nice, I prefer them over einsear t2 actually . I am an earbud user I am used to bigger sound stage . So I just ordered Kz zs6 over zs5 mainly for the aluminum casing . Iusually do not keep earphone I do not need, I have already sold Monk +, TY-Hi Z, T2, but I am tempted to keep these 1more, love the red cable btw.

Oct 14, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,863 of 31,833
Anyone have good recommendations/reviews for MMCX cables?

Prefer around/sub $65, already within USA or don't have to go through Chinese websites to order.

Wire is OCC UP Cu, or OCC Ag plated or combo of Cu and Ag wire. Low microphonics, tangle resistant and low or no memory. Good strain reliefs would be good too.

Comfortable to loop around ear for long periods. Also very durable/well built.

3.5mm and IEM Plugs are Cu or high Cu brass base metal, Rhodium, Silver, Gold or similar plating. Or at least easy to mod to different and better plugs. Seats well to players in cases like a Note 4 in otter case.

Has android compatible remote, play/pause, volume +/-... of has track FF/RW great but not required, same with mic.

Ideally enhances sound of base IEM, musical, extended, adds bit more sweet sparkle to treble and upper mids, tad more to warm side of neutral/base IEM sound, enhanced imaging and bigger soundstage. Bass/sub bass levels are near same level of base IEM sound, but tad tighter and quicker.

Generally as close to this though exact I know isn't likely.

Thanks to everyone's help, Vidal and Crabbos especially.

Oct 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #3,864 of 31,833
Anyone have good recommendations/reviews for MMCX cables?

Prefer around/sub $65, already within USA or don't have to go through Chinese websites to order.

Wire is OCC UP Cu, or OCC Ag plated or combo of Cu and Ag wire. Low microphonics, tangle resistant and low or no memory. Good strain reliefs would be good too.

Comfortable to loop around ear for long periods. Also very durable/well built.

3.5mm and IEM Plugs are Cu or high Cu brass base metal, Rhodium, Silver, Gold or similar plating. Or at least easy to mod to different and better plugs. Seats well to players in cases like a Note 4 in otter case.

Has android compatible remote, play/pause, volume +/-... of has track FF/RW great but not required, same with mic.

Ideally enhances sound of base IEM, musical, extended, adds bit more sweet sparkle to treble and upper mids, tad more to warm side of neutral/base IEM sound, enhanced imaging and bigger soundstage. Bass/sub bass levels are near same level of base IEM sound, but tad tighter and quicker.

Generally as close to this though exact I know isn't likely.

Thanks to everyone's help, Vidal and Crabbos especially.

Lindsay, at Impact Audio Cables, is located here in the Houston, TX area. But it looks like his Etsy Shop is temporarily shut down, for him to catch up. (I don't know whether this is related to the Hurricane Harvey flooding in that area of town, or if he's just really busy.)
The custom Type 6 Copper Litz balanced cable (2.5mm TRRS to MMCX) that I purchased from him, was ~$90.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpactAudioCables
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imp...e-of-quality-sound-not-quantity-price.781661/

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3,865 of 31,833
Guys, seriously more people need to get the toneking ninetails in their ears. They're amazing and more people need to hear them!!

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #3,868 of 31,833
Maybe 11.11 it will be $99

Oh yeah...time to start scheming!

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #3,869 of 31,833
Maybe 11.11 it will be $99

As per last year, usually there will be activities running up to the sale on the 11:11.

Last year, it started about 2 weeks before the actual thing. You can log in daily to play games that allow you to win/exchange for vouchers/ coupons. I snagged a 10% storewide applicable coupon last year that was stackable on any final purchase price.

There were others like $50/- vouchers at 50% off ( you pay $25 for a $50 value voucher) and even higher value ones and stuff of the sort which I missed out on.

If you can spare the time, it might be worthwhile to start looking about 2 weeks before the actual sale.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #3,870 of 31,833
Hi all. Well, my steelseries flux pro die this week and after long reflection, i will choose 1 or 2 in this : SWING EC1 or KZ ZS5 or KZ ZS6 or KZ ES3 or TFZ EXCLUSIVE 3 or **** 4in1 ...^^

I favor removable cables (reason of the death) but a signature "équilibrée" is also a tip i m looking for a price under or around/max ~ 50.

Of course a big "THANK YOU" to the stakhanovist creator/contributors of this thread and the Asian Provocative Ear team, what a fu*****g great job you do guys!

This site https://audiobudget.com was also great help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back