CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,691 of 31,845
I said I have finished ordering new things FOREVER!

Never say never. You know you want a pair of cat ear headphones lol

creepykid.jpg

How could you say no to that face??

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,692 of 31,845
Sep 27, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,693 of 31,845
Never say never. You know you want a pair of cat ear headphones lol

How could you say no to that face??

I will choose purple bunny ears or grey mouse ears...or black and white panda ones! Lol :)

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #3,694 of 31,845
Again, the CM5 are highly tip dependent (moreso than most IEMs), which you can seriously use that to your advantage for tuning possibilities if you are willing to do some tip rolling.

I have put the KZ Starline tips on my Uiisii CM5s tonight and am finding them quite comfortable...and they are sounding good. When I first got the CM5 I did not get a seal with the stock tipsl so I put on these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-Densit...&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Rha+earbud+tips+medium

I had a seal with those but my ears were a little uncomfortable. The Starline are perfect for me. I wish I could buy a few medium only like the RHA ones. They seem to only be available in sets of s/m/l

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #3,695 of 31,845
I have put the KZ Starline tips on my Uiisii CM5s tonight and am finding them quite comfortable...and they are sounding good. When I first got the CM5 I did not get a seal with the stock tipsl so I put on these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-Densit...&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Rha+earbud+tips+medium

I had a seal with those but my ears were a little uncomfortable. The Starline are perfect for me. I wish I could buy a few medium only like the RHA ones. They seem to only be available in sets of s/m/l

Good call. I settled with Starlines on my CM5 as well, and it solved all of the fit issues I initially had, and the sound is superb.

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #3,696 of 31,845

Good call. I settled with Starlines on my CM5 as well, and it solved all of the fit issues I initially had, and the sound is superb.

Nice advice. Will try out with the Starlines when my CM5 arrives. Mine are translucent grey that came with KZ ZST and ED12 though. Are those the same ones you guys are using?

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #3,697 of 31,845
Nice advice. Will try out with the Starlines when my CM5 arrives. Mine are translucent grey that came with KZ ZST and ED12 though. Are those the same ones you guys are using?

Yup.

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #3,698 of 31,845

Mine are black bought from Aliexpress Ali describes them as gray but I say they are black.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...lgo_pvid=7aee0276-14c3-4dc1-9a6a-d9ebfa2dee62

They come in a pack of three sizes though so you only get one useful one unless you know someone to trade sizes with.

edited to add... I just scrolled down on that page and looked at all the pictures. I did not know about all the magical acoustic properties. I was only looking for comfort and seal.

A little cheaper from this seller:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...lgo_pvid=7aee0276-14c3-4dc1-9a6a-d9ebfa2dee62

I have received items from both of these sellers

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #3,699 of 31,845
Are there any half way decent Bluetooth IEMs that would be good for running on Aliexpress that people have tried? My wife really wants some Bluetooth IEMs instead of wired ones she has now. Preferable less the $50 but less then $100 maybe ok to.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #3,701 of 31,845
Are there any half way decent Bluetooth IEMs that would be good for running on Aliexpress that people have tried? My wife really wants some Bluetooth IEMs instead of wired ones she has now. Preferable less the $50 but less then $100 maybe ok to.

I'm using the QCY QY19 for running and the gym, and Q29 for around the house and travelling, they both sounded quite good

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #3,704 of 31,845
hey, I am very new in the whole audiophile community. Just got a kz zs5. The fit isn't that great with my ears.The bass lacks audible rumble and punch which I crave. The mids and highs feel quite nice and detailed to my ears but as many people say, it might be slightly coloured in the highs as I do get the hint that certain frequencies stand out more. I don't have a reference iem that I can compare it to as the only pair of in ears that I own are the xiaomi pro HD.

Anyone else planning to order the veedix nc50? The only person who I know who owns it is @crabdog
Would love to hear a comparison between the kz zs5 and veedix.

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #3,705 of 31,845
About time. Welcome to the 21st century:

I am not very familiar with the aliexpress payment system but how does ali express gain back the money taken by dishonest sellers. For example paypal freezes the money for new sellers until the product is received. Since Ali didn't have paypal how did they deal with this kinda problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back