CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #28,966 of 31,833
Now they have Blon Bl-MAX, a $37, dual dynamic iems

---
KZ actually calming down and started to release less often but better tuned iems

Yes that was the iem we are talking about with @jmwant for his above post/link.

Well personally I would wait for first consumer reviews before jumping on this set, but different strokes for different folks.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #28,968 of 31,833
This has high potential to become the benchmark under $50. I expect no less than this from Blon.
Well lets pray hard the Oppoty gods....at least it's not priced 100$ like the underwhelming Prometheus....but, man....What is this design? Seem like a TWS iem with a cable...
I will get a pair out of curiosity with very low attempt since nothing beat BL-03 in whole BLON line up imo, in term of tonality with decent technicalities, since BL05S have superior tech but less balanced and natural tonality...
1633953900580.png

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #28,969 of 31,833
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #28,970 of 31,833
TBH the last few BLON releases (eg BLON MINI and A8 prometheus) didn't do very well. They kind of lost their magic since the BLON BL-03, been trying to capture lightning in a bottle once again. BL-05S is not bad, but most of the other BLON releases after BL-03 were sidegrades at best.

In fact it seems BLON may be following the KZ 2019/2020 footsteps of throwing as much crap on the wall and hoping something finally sticks. I mean the budget CHIFI segment is so super saturated with V shaped/harmanish tuned sets, that almost every weekly release is gonna be a sidegrade or just marginal upgrade. Does the average consumer have cash to go chase every pokemon budget sidegrade release on a weekly basis?
100% with you about this...after the Prometheus i was so mad that i plan to ''boycott'' Blon and never care about this company ever...but since this one has 2 driver....why not...in fact, i think they change their driver diaphragm material after BL-01 cause BL-05(S), Mini and Prometheus all have this strange metallic timbre...

You know when you get overly confident cause of one-hit luck...

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #28,971 of 31,833
Any particular IEM under 50 dollars that you would recommend for its large soundstage? I really enjoy the kz zsr and have the **** arriving next week
A bit late of a reply but you should check out the CCZ Emerald. It has a mild v-shaped sound with a slightly warm tilt. At around $25,- on Ali and being available on Amazon at a slight increase but faster shipping, it's worth a look. It has great sub bass extension as well.

KZ DQ6, its soundstage is unrivaled, until we get to the 300 usd range and even then it is above average.
While I do enjoy the DQ6 and yes the soundstage is good for the price, I have to disagree. When it comes to soundstage the Emerald's is bigger in all directions, but not by much and it does require a good source to become evident. And it is right around the same price.

That said neither will disappoint here. Both are great sets and they compliment each other well.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #28,972 of 31,833
A bit late of a reply but you should check out the CCZ Emerald. It has a mild v-shaped sound with a slightly warm tilt. At around $25,- on Ali and being available on Amazon at a slight increase but faster shipping, it's worth a look. It has great sub bass extension as well.

While I do enjoy the DQ6 and yes the soundstage is good for the price, I have to disagree. When it comes to soundstage the Emerald's is bigger in all directions, but not by much and it does require a good source to become evident. And it is right around the same price.

That said neither will disappoint here. Both are great sets and they compliment each other well.
It's not the first time I read good stuffs about the Emerald...do you think it have a chance to be in Best Budget IEM list? Im a scuker for big soundstage...have you heard the Lark? If so, is it better?

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #28,973 of 31,833
So my nephew is running out cables with microphones... The last ones standing being some freebie earbuds from my neighbor.

The big catch seems to be that my nephew constantly complains about IEMs falling out of his ears. I get the feeling he should try cable over ear. Which I believe he hasn't tried yet.

If it matters for context the last IEM I tried to look at is the Tanchjim Tanya, which I assume it can be worn both ways and it seems to have an inline microphone in the cable... Although it scares me that it's hardwired.

My nephew isn't an audiophile, but I don't exacly want to give him garbage either. Thoughts?

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #28,974 of 31,833
So my nephew is running out cables with microphones... The last ones standing being some freebie earbuds from my neighbor.

The big catch seems to be that my nephew constantly complains about IEMs falling out of his ears. I get the feeling he should try cable over ear. Which I believe he hasn't tried yet.

If it matters for context the last IEM I tried to look at is the Tanchjim Tanya, which I assume it can be worn both ways and it seems to have an inline microphone in the cable... Although it scares me that it's hardwired.

My nephew isn't an audiophile, but I don't exacly want to give him garbage either. Thoughts?
KZ EDX isn't garbage but is priced absurdly low....you can choose detachable cable with mic.
Other similar choice are QKZ VK4 and TRN MT1.
All sub-10$.
If you can strech up, KZ ZS10PRO will surely make more WOW effect on you nephew, CCA C10 is even greater and wait whaat...its 20$ right now on ALI! Get it!

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #28,975 of 31,833
KZ EDX isn't garbage but is priced absurdly low....you can choose detachable cable with mic.
Other similar choice are QKZ VK4 and TRN MT1.
All sub-10$.
If you can strech up, KZ ZS10PRO will surely make more WOW effect on you nephew, CCA C10 is even greater and wait whaat...its 20$ right now on ALI! Get it!

Speaking of cca I just found out about the NRA and the CSN... Not sure which one would be more gaming oriented.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #28,976 of 31,833
It's not the first time I read good stuffs about the Emerald...do you think it have a chance to be in Best Budget IEM list? Im a scuker for big soundstage...have you heard the Lark? If so, is it better?
While I do think it deserves a spot on the list, it won't be the top spot. It has is flaws and those can be a deal breaker for some. But it sure is an impressive set. I've got a short Review of it in the CCZ tread. I'm sure there is something better out there, just haven't found it yet.

As for the Lark, which one?
KBEAR Lark
I've got one and like it a lot. But I do prefer the Emerald over it. Mine being the 4k version it's balanced to bright nature is something I usually prefer but with some of the bands I listen to it doesn't work. With my library the Emerald just works better, the immersive sound keeps me coming back to it. And it will never become harsh or sibilant, even on sibilant songs.

BFB Lark
Don't have it nor have I heard it. I am interested in the brand but am waiting for it to come to Ali. Although I'll probably get the BFB Amazing before the Lark.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #28,977 of 31,833
Speaking of cca I just found out about the NRA and the CSN... Not sure which one would be more gaming oriented.
Didn't hear the CSN....but NRA is quite messy when it comes to imaging and overall clarity...suppose to improve with burn in but i don't it will be able to compete against C10 or ZS10pro.
Both are extremely similar as said, but C10 have fuller smoother mids and a bit less air and micro-details:
1633961790714.png

1633961824426.png

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #28,978 of 31,833
KZ DQ6, its soundstage is unrivaled, until we get to the 300 usd range and even then it is above average.
Is there an additional '0' there or you really claim this? I'd like to hear more about it.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #28,979 of 31,833
Since we're at the beginning of a new week, I have an interesting question for you: Do you believe in burn-in? I always treated it as a grey zone. On this subject, today's review will be about ddHifi Janus from DDHiFi!! This one is interesting because when I first heard it, it sounded rather bright and lacked bass, only to then turn into a full bashed earphone the more I listened to it.

Whether it was burn-in, me adjusting to it, it happened fast, within a few hours of listening. At any rate, this is a comfortable IEM, with good overall build, two cable sockets, both MMCX and 2-Pin, and great detail + resolution.

If you have questions, I'm around to help ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/10/ddhifi-janus-iems-two-faced-soldier.html

dd-Hifi-Janus-Sky-Cable-IEMs-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-IEMs-Modular-06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back