CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 9, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #28,411 of 31,833
Thanks. A few folks on the tanchjim thread put an oxygen filter on the old hana and it graphs similarly to the new hana.

Haha but of course graphs are just an indication of the tonality, it doesn't tell the full story regarding timbre, microdetails, imaging, instrument separation etc. So maybe we have to wait for some brave folks to buy it and tell us how it sounds. Calling @RikudouGoku to take one for the team!!! He has the old Hana already anyways haha
I asked for a unit on that one. Otherwise there is no way I am buying it...I already feel like a beta tester because of the "old" Hana...

The Prism was interesting to me though, but a lot of my interest dropped when I found out it was a 1 DD + 2 BA hybrid instead of a single DD.

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #28,412 of 31,833
I've got a Hana V2 on the way, its new look got me.

I was hoping for Prism to be a new single DD flagship above the Oxygen but, too bad it doesn't seem to be the case. It'll be a pass from me if confirmed it's an hybrid.

Any news regarding the KBear Aurora?

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #28,413 of 31,833
Ordered Penon GK10($45) per Dsnut’s enlightenment.

-titanium-coat Bass DD
-graphene-coast mid DD
-single BA tweeter
-piezo super tweeter
-stabilized wood faceplate
Detail spec:
Driver configuration:

1 balanced armature for high frequency

2 piezoelectric ceramic for ultra-high frequency

7mm graphene diaphragm dynamic for middle frequency

8mm dome titanium diaphragm dynamic for bass

Panel: stable wood

Shell material: ABS+PC

Impedance: 8Ω

Sensitivity: 106dB

Frequency response range: 20-30kHz

Cable material: 6-strand silver-plated

Connector: 2pin 0.78mm

Cable length: 1.2m

How “GeeK” this quadbrid is😳

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #28,414 of 31,833
I've got a Hana V2 on the way, its new look got me.

I was hoping for Prism to be a new single DD flagship above the Oxygen but, too bad it doesn't seem to be the case. It'll be a pass from me if confirmed it's an hybrid.

Any news regarding the KBear Aurora?
Asked last week, still no new info. Response was “it’s a single DD”

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #28,415 of 31,833

-titanium-coat Bass DD
-graphene-coast mid DD
-single BA tweeter
-piezo super tweeter
Detail spec:

Wow nice internal specs (and looks) for only 45 USD!
Please keep us posted, once you receive it, with your impressions.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #28,416 of 31,833
I bought a second hand tanchjim oxygen recently and I think it can be an end game single DD midfi set for some. Great timbre, transients, technicalities and tonality melded into one.

Tanchjim is releasing a retuned Hana (first version was too shouty in upper mids), and the retuned version graphs similarly to the oxygen. (Alternatively U can buy an original Hana which is cheaper and put an oxygen filter mesh on, costs about 50 cents a pair).

Tanchjim is also releasing a prism higher end set soon, worth to watch out for reviews on it.
If I hadn’t just bought the Oriolus Isabellae I probably would have ended up buying the Oxygen. The Isa is for sure endgame for this single DD lover right here. But I would still really like to hear either the O2 or the new Hana at some point.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #28,418 of 31,833
My favorite IEM under $100 now is Hidiz MS2. It has strong v-shape tuning, and it is very fun to listen. Specially with female vocals, this is clear winner.
Other IEM I tried around $100 were KZ ZAX, Kinera BD005pro, Starfield, MASSDROP X MEE AUDIO PLANAMIC, ER4XR.
Was close to pulling the trigger on these because of the solid reviews and comparisons.

My current fav sub-$100 choice is the BL-05S though I would like to try Aria, HZ Heart Sound, MS2 and some others.

I wrote my impressions/review here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bl-05s.24625/reviews#review-26256

blon_Bl05s_garden_03.JPG

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #28,419 of 31,833
Was close to pulling the trigger on these because of the solid reviews and comparisons.

My current fav sub-$100 choice is the BL-05S though I would like to try Aria, HZ Heart Sound, MS2 and some others.

I wrote my impressions/review here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bl-05s.24625/reviews#review-26256

blon_Bl05s_garden_03.JPG
I agree with your assessment of the Blon BL05S, it’s extraordinary but I believe is a little overlooked because of its color. It has kicking note weight and is fast as well. Works well with djent style metal guitar and drums. And the treble is an interesting blend of exciting yet polite.

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #28,420 of 31,833

-titanium-coat Bass DD
-graphene-coast mid DD
-single BA tweeter
-piezo super tweeter
Detail spec:

GK10 on the way!! Thanks @Dsnuts!! Hope it's close to what you reported.. Need an affordable game changer...

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #28,421 of 31,833
GK10 on the way!! Thanks @Dsnuts!! Hope it's close to what you reported.. Need an affordable game changer...
I just got shipping notice, with HK post, takes 2-3weeks.
GK10 is out of stock on Penon shop by the way.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #28,422 of 31,833
I will look further into the variations and the dusk. I am looking for an end game this year so I can chill a bit and enjoy what I own. also I am really anxious about the aurora but there seems to be nothing new about it. or is it?

I just got shipping notice, with HK post, takes 2-3weeks.
GK10 is out of stock on Penon shop by the way.

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #28,424 of 31,833
I will look further into the variations and the dusk. I am looking for an end game this year so I can chill a bit and enjoy what I own. also I am really anxious about the aurora but there seems to be nothing new about it. or is it?
I found the this review of Variation compared to other IEMs to be pretty well summarized one.

Also I made a comparison of See Audio Yume and Variations with quantitative charts if that helps.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #28,425 of 31,833
I found the this review of Variation compared to other IEMs to be pretty well summarized one.

Also I made a comparison of See Audio Yume and Variations with quantitative charts if that helps.
I suggest you get back to pro bono reviewing for the community! Your g-sheets are so informative and gives a different perspective considering most popular reviewers aren't active in the budget space as they focus solely on mid-fi stuff. There are few who can compare a KBEar lark with Anole VX. Diversity of opinions leads to sound judgement. Pun intended 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back