CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 21, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #28,397 of 31,833
Thanks. I think it is a keeper set for me.

If they made a non detachable cable variant and maybe made it easier to drive, I think more people will get it.
I've been using Tanya for few days and today i decided to try my old TFZ King Pro,
I plug it in, didn't change any on BTR5 or PC volume setting and holy crap its loud.

Tanya's 7mm (+mic cable) requires way more power than i expected,

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #28,398 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #28,399 of 31,833
I've been using Tanya for few days and today i decided to try my old TFZ King Pro,
I plug it in, didn't change any on BTR5 or PC volume setting and holy *** its loud.

Tanya's 7mm (+mic cable) requires way more power than i expected,
My Tanya are arrived, now I'm burnig in them.

I havent resist to try them :)
Brand new just have a very pleasing sound, good punching bass and sweet highs, way more better sensations after a little burn in.

Honestly I've not great power problems to drive them with my Xiaomi Redmi 9 light nor with a Lenovo tablet, I need only to raise up volume a little.

Of course better drive them with the Cs46L41 dongle imo. :)

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #28,400 of 31,833
My Tanya are arrived, now I'm burnig in them.

I havent resist to try them :)
Brand new just have a very pleasing sound, good punching bass and sweet highs, way more better sensations after a little burn in.

Honestly I've not great power problems to drive them with my Xiaomi Redmi 9 light nor with a Lenovo tablet, I need only to raise up volume a little.

Of course better drive them with the Cs46L41 dongle imo. :)

It is not a volume issue for amping the Tanya though. If that were so, one can easily just jack up the volume on a low powered source to the max for planar type IEMs/headphones.

It is more that you lose bass tightness, microdetails, dynamics, layering, soundstage when some powerhungry IEMs like Tanya are not properly amped. So it is kinda getting only a fraction of the performance when it is underpowered.

If you could use your dongle amps or even a desktop amp, I'm sure you will hear a difference with the Tanya.

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #28,401 of 31,833
It is not a volume issue for amping the Tanya though. If that were so, one can easily just jack up the volume on a low powered source to the max for planar type IEMs/headphones.

It is more that you lose bass tightness, microdetails, dynamics, layering, soundstage when some powerhungry IEMs like Tanya are not properly amped. So it is kinda getting only a fraction of the performance when it is underpowered.

If you could use your dongle amps or even a desktop amp, I'm sure you will hear a difference with the Tanya.
Absolutely Baskingshark.

I may confirm the sound quality difference with the dongle.

I simply replay about the volume difference with the Kz, correctly It is not a volume problem like us you say. :)

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #28,402 of 31,833

I couldn't feel like it's lacking in any sense being powered by my s10. I haven't tried it with my amp tho. will do later today. but i feel like Tanya has such an amazing sound for it's price, it's now my daily driver altogether with my tws1 pro (slowly entering the tws world).

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #28,403 of 31,833
I couldn't feel like it's lacking in any sense being powered by my s10. I haven't tried it with my amp tho. will do later today. but i feel like Tanya has such an amazing sound for it's price, it's now my daily driver altogether with my tws1 pro (slowly entering the tws world).
The tuning of Tanya for mid and treble is almost similar to Softears RSV, a masterpiece, and bass is very engaging.

I finished 50 hrs of Burn-in of Tanya and do notice it is worth the attention, technicality wise it’s just an average, but tuning makes many of technicalities flaws very forgivable. Overall I found Tanya is very promising at this point.

I like Tanya over sub$50 single dynamic elite HZ Sound HeartMirror.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #28,404 of 31,833
The tuning of Tanya for mid and treble is almost similar to Softears RSV, a masterpiece, and bass is very engaging.

I finished 50 hrs of Burn-in of Tanya and do notice it is worth the attention, technicality wise it’s just an average, but tuning makes many of technicalities flaws very forgivable. Overall I found Tanya is very promising at this point.

I like Tanya over sub$50 single dynamic elite HZ Sound HeartMirror.
sure. it's technicalities are on the average side, but man it's tonality is superb. I do love Tanya's bass, mids and its harmless treble, which is not piercing nor sibilant in any way. the Tanya has made me want to go up the ladder with TANCHJIM models. TRI (kbear) and TANCHJIM have really conquered my taste.

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #28,405 of 31,833
sure. it's technicalities are on the average side, but man it's tonality is superb. I do love Tanya's bass, mids and its harmless treble, which is not piercing nor sibilant in any way. the Tanya has made me want to go up the ladder with TANCHJIM models. TRI (kbear) and TANCHJIM have really conquered my taste.
Yea Tanchijim really brought kilo buck tuning to fit into that small Tanya!

If you like the Tanya, Moondrop blessing2 Dusk/Variations is in the same course too, except the bass of Dusk is much more slim and sub-bass focused, so you may miss the “kick” to your ear drum, but mid to treble will be a simple upgrade.
E0BE6480-EF4C-46B1-81C9-72046C835F6F.jpeg
2CE43142-C38E-4C00-B5B6-B221719FFF46.png

KBEAR is coming up with new single dynamic IEM, Aurora, and that may be an

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #28,406 of 31,833
Yea Tanchijim really brought kilo buck tuning to fit into that small Tanya!

If you like the Tanya, Moondrop blessing2 Dusk/Variations is in the same course too, except the bass of Dusk is much more slim and sub-bass focused, so you may miss the “kick” to your ear drum, but mid to treble will be a simple upgrade.
E0BE6480-EF4C-46B1-81C9-72046C835F6F.jpeg2CE43142-C38E-4C00-B5B6-B221719FFF46.png

KBEAR is coming up with new single dynamic IEM, Aurora, and that may be an
I will look further into the variations and the dusk. I am looking for an end game this year so I can chill a bit and enjoy what I own. also I am really anxious about the aurora but there seems to be nothing new about it. or is it?

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #28,407 of 31,833

I bought a second hand tanchjim oxygen recently and I think it can be an end game single DD midfi set for some. Great timbre, transients, technicalities and tonality melded into one.

Tanchjim is releasing a retuned Hana (first version was too shouty in upper mids), and the retuned version graphs similarly to the oxygen. (Alternatively U can buy an original Hana which is cheaper and put an oxygen filter mesh on, costs about 50 cents a pair).

Tanchjim is also releasing a prism higher end set soon, worth to watch out for reviews on it.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #28,408 of 31,833
I bought a second hand tanchjim oxygen recently and I think it can be an end game single DD midfi set for some. Great timbre, transients, technicalities and tonality melded into one.

Tanchjim is releasing a retuned Hana (first version was too shouty in upper mids), and the retuned version graphs similarly to the oxygen. (Alternatively U can buy an original Hana which is cheaper and put an oxygen filter mesh on, costs about 50 cents a pair).

Tanchjim is also releasing a prism higher end set soon, worth to watch out for reviews on it.
The new Hana started hitting Ali a couple of days ago
Ha44111be0a084c419443bae5e05312a7F.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #28,409 of 31,833
The new Hana started hitting Ali a couple of days ago
Ha44111be0a084c419443bae5e05312a7F.jpg

Thanks. A few folks on the tanchjim thread put an oxygen filter on the old hana and it graphs similarly to the new hana.

Haha but of course graphs are just an indication of the tonality, it doesn't tell the full story regarding timbre, microdetails, imaging, instrument separation etc. So maybe we have to wait for some brave folks to buy it and tell us how it sounds. Calling @RikudouGoku to take one for the team!!! He has the old Hana already anyways haha

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #28,410 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back