CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 28, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #28,246 of 31,833
I will do a MAJOR UPDATE of the WHOLE Best SUB-100$ IEM LIST.

Any suggestion please shoot.

PS: Time have change, their will not have a lot of KZ, CCA, TRN etc...unless under 15$.
BQEYZ KB100 needs to be a part of that list. Also, KZ EDX at $7 is a good shout. Tin T2/T2+ both are very good sub-50 shouts considering there aren't many neutral options in the budget category.

May 28, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #28,247 of 31,833
I found my 1+1 on KZ SKS is ideal sound, and yes Lark is another great tuned one too. KBear really knows what they are dealing with for each price range.

Yea, KZ/CCA/TRN does have some aggressively V-tuned ones with 30095, 2khz&5khz peak ones which I dislike, but that does not conclude exclusively entire line ups are hot mess and even that V-tuning exist for a reason because it does create some sense of “clarity” for some. It’s all pinna gain spot location and gain sensitivity.

KZ SKS/CCA CSN/TRN MT1 are a nicely tined newer 2021 line ups, and I feel KZ/CCA/TRN may got some ideas of fine-tuning from these new releases. They still trying to sell “100BAs in a shell” type the more the better thing, which I’m rather on skeptical side🤨
I agree with you about the Lark and, as you say, not all KZ/CCA models are bad, CKX, CA16 and CSN being also well tuned. ZAX is also a good one.

May 28, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #28,248 of 31,833
I will do a MAJOR UPDATE of the WHOLE Best SUB-100$ IEM LIST.

Any suggestion please shoot.

PS: Time have change, their will not have a lot of KZ, CCA, TRN etc...unless under 15$.
KBEAR KS1, CCA CSN, KZ DQ6, Tanchjim Tanya, TRN TA1, HZSound Heartmirror, Tripowin TC-01, CCA CA16, CCA CKX, TIN T2Plus, Moondrop Aria,

May 28, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #28,249 of 31,833
BQEYZ KB100 needs to be a part of that list. Also, KZ EDX at $7 is a good shout. Tin T2/T2+ both are very good sub-50 shouts considering there aren't many neutral options in the budget category.
Here comes Neutral king Final E500😉 with no price tag range limitation.
I can’t find any other neutrally non-colored IEM for any price except Final E500😳
44CD68E7-D985-4901-89C1-875170906DBC.png

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #28,250 of 31,833
KBEAR KS1, CCA CSN, KZ DQ6, Tanchjim Tanya, TRN TA1, HZSound Heartmirror, Tripowin TC-01, CCA CA16, CCA CKX, TIN T2Plus, Moondrop Aria,
Sounds like comprehensive latest summary of goto list👍
I’d add KBEar Lark, KZ ZAX, TRN VX & MT1, Final E500 Whizzer HE01 to that list to complete. MT1 actually is a better tuned siblings of EDX.
KBEar Neon / Aurora(Believe’s successor?)might join later.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #28,251 of 31,833
My suggestions

KZ EDX, ZSX
Kbear KS1
Blon BL-Mini, BL03, BL05S
NiceHCK DB3, NX7 Pro
Tin T2, T2 Plus.

If you wish to include TWS sets in the list (after all they are in price range and some people will be stuck to choose between TWS and wired)

SoundPEATS Truengine 3SE
KZ Z1.

Both of these, IMO, are on a par with any IEM at similar money.

May 28, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #28,254 of 31,833
Hi everyone, I just did an unboxing and review video of the KZ EDX. Would appreciate it if everyone here could check it out, it's only two minutes! :beyersmile:

May 28, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #28,255 of 31,833
If you're more open minded why don't you ask the mod to start a new thread. You could link to some of the more modern reviews rather than copy pasting random comments from reviews. I for one, was disenchanted by the list realizing it was old about 5 minutes in. Lots of non existent clutter.

As a suggestion include the brands you perceive as lesser because I am quite sure many people appreciate how good ear speakers have gotten for under $100. For some of the more expensive stuff ($200? maybe) highlight the gear people would take the time to buy used. There are lots of good choices $100 and above but as I don't make $90k anymore anything more expensive than $50 for me probably doesn't leave the house often except extended trips.

I also can see stuck up nose for the smaller chi-fi companies. It seems like they come out with a new IEM or bud every week. The thing is some of their mud is sticking to the wall. And not to get too political here but to shore up my point for some national economies, $50 IEMs are a luxury for many folks right now, especially in the US. These brands can have a revolving top 5 that gets updated every 3-4 months, or sooner. I for one like finding these mini reviews in threads like these. Now that I own a few ear pieces, I choose my poison depending on my ear appetite for the day or session. Like for almost 2 days I almost started to regret the $40 spent on blon 03s. Then I used a rap playlist and my attitude totally changed. The quantity and quality of bass for heavier bass genres of music minus the in your vocals. For $40 these are portable now, meaning they can leave the house. I now have 4 choices that can leave the house out about 10. People want to know these little details in the random mini reviews.

I also am 45 and recently got diagnosed with autism so now not having $90k to shop with and now knowing why I didn't listen to portable as often as home audio was sensory processing disorder with a highlight on my ears and sound and circumstances. Anyways, my two pennies rubbed together.
This message is so utterly subjective i don't know what to answer....

I dont need suggestions like this.

What mod? I'm the thread creator....

What you dont like...is exactly what and why i wanna update the list Drastically. So absurd.

this thread is exactly to find the best sound possible for those that are both audiophile and not economically favorise. It always be, will always been. And some influencers think ''poorer'' people cant have ''richer'' ears. I don't. I know they want audiophile-grade sound, should they be basshead, treble head, neutral head wtv, im open minded for signature.

even if i dont get recognition nor love or even get spit in the face here, i will continue to keep supreme integrity to my number one goal: best sound at best price. with critical ears. cause this list most pass test of time, not test of hype.

why? cause i do help some people and they PM their contentment about it. i dont please mediocre or binary people and its OK. their alot of them? i don't care. my passion is audio first. at best price possible. with a popular brand stick on it or not. Chifi or not.

May 28, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #28,256 of 31,833
Hi everyone, I just did an unboxing and review video of the KZ EDX. Would appreciate it if everyone here could check it out, it's only two minutes! :beyersmile:

please dont do insignificant ''unboxing video'' spam here. there enough influencers trying to go pompom girl on headfi.

May 28, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #28,257 of 31,833
It isnt yet bro?
whaaaat....
OH, yes it is....
and it will stay there still. (and be more visible soon !)

May 28, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #28,258 of 31,833
Just got the heart mirrors. Real sad that more people dont talk about them. :frowning2:
We will. Ive been away since too long and well....people chase for new hype like if they were possess.
HZSOUND MIRROR is the best sub-100$ IEM right now IMO
And i confirm 100% of people whoe BUY the on NBBA Love them. This is the first time i see something like this...even basshead dudes accept the fact its bass light cause of crazy good resolution, fast attack, realist timbre....
These are an example of IEM that wioll stand test of time and will be included in Update IEM List.

May 28, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #28,259 of 31,833
My suggestions

KZ EDX, ZSX
Kbear KS1
Blon BL-Mini, BL03, BL05S
NiceHCK DB3, NX7 Pro
Tin T2, T2 Plus.

If you wish to include TWS sets in the list (after all they are in price range and some people will be stuck to choose between TWS and wired)

SoundPEATS Truengine 3SE
KZ Z1.

Both of these, IMO, are on a par with any IEM at similar money.
Nice choice in there, will sure include most of it! TX

Still love the T2 alot! T2+ worth its place even if not my type of dynamic attack.
Oh...this DB3....still around and i never try them.

How would you describe DB3 mate??

May 29, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #28,260 of 31,833
The FR graph for the KBEAR Neon (from its AliExpress page) looks a lot like an Etymotic 🤔
1622262082782.png

I wonder how they compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back