CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 24, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #28,201 of 31,845
Well....look at it from the bright side. At least our wallets are safe. :joy:

They're not though. Because sidegrade or no sidegrade, we've not tried the shiny. We want to try the shiny, we buy the shiny.

The Golden age is probably over now, game changers won't appear very frequently. With any luck, we will at least see discounted products from higher proce ranges filtering down as they reach the end of their sales lives, as per Semkarch CNT-1 and NICEHCK Nx7 Pro.

May 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #28,202 of 31,845
4997BC84-B1F6-4B0D-A01C-9CAE36A98199.jpeg

$19 ****(censored) Cable: bass boost and offset treble, works great if an IEM sounds too harsh, it shaves off the harshness with the fog. Using on regular IEM will add a veil to it, makes listening experience pretty laid back, costs resolution.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #28,203 of 31,845
Listening right now to BQEYZ SUMMER, and while its not my type of signature they are far from bad sounding!
Very cohesive tuning with richly nuanced treble, round thumpy bass, excellent mid timbre. Warmer than both Spring1-2, less airy, analytical and open sounding.
I will share with you what happen when you pull off front mesh:
186479356_141403181307138_554345807826643222_n.png

As seen, mids are boosted 2db more but keep their balance, overall sound is cleaner, brighter, more open and imaging gain in precision. Lower mids are still lacking though.
Great to know! I was about to order Summer and changed mind to Mangird Tea, it was a right call it seems..

May 24, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #28,204 of 31,845
How is Aria against all of those, especually Mirror?
I am not in single DDs, so in my active collection there are only BL03 and Aria. (not counting DQ6 and not including E3000, which I think I finally understood but still not use for the cables alone).
Both BL03 and Aria are quite complimentary to my and enjoyable for their strength. Aria is definitely more as "all-arounder".
I don't have the Aria....Moondrop dont really like me cause i tend to like only 50% of their IEM....but I feel they are VERY promising nonetheless and wanna try them one day!

Indeed, a comparison between those 2 would be marvellous!

May 24, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #28,205 of 31,845
Chi-fi has always had better value in the sub 50 price bracket as opposed to sub 100. Of late many established brands have stopped making genuinely exciting IEMs in the budget category. Is it due to the local demand or they feel that West will always be their guinea pigs.

And the obscure brands are sadly not getting any visibility maybe due to AliExpress algo or lack of faith from customers. What I have sensed is that of late, the budget category is going through a lull phase where most offerings are sidegrades to most members' existing collection. Unless some genuinely path-breaking IEM appears the picture will remain the same.
Very true.
And I can even extend this to the whole sub-200$ range, because great 100-200$ IEM are still rare IMO
In 50-100$ range, HIsenior T2U was a value miracle but it havent create any hype....which is sadly laughable, I mean....its was 80$ and now we have TRN and CCA with BA on steroid that cost more....and sound wrong. Dont even have to listen to them to know.

Oh, i say that even if I do believe TRN MT1 sound great for the price.

And have you try the DQSM Hermit? Not bad, not perfect.

May 24, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #28,206 of 31,845
Great to know! I was about to order Summer and changed mind to Mangird Tea, it was a right call it seems..
It not bad at all, but perhaps for acquired taste too. I feel bad repeating myself so much about this mesh thing...but i feel its GUILTY for something uncool-acoustically speaking.
BQEYZ SPRING2 is from another league. Serious Headfier league.

May 24, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #28,207 of 31,845
Finally enjoying my Tripowin TC01.
Had them for a while but my brain just couldn't cope with them and I couldn't figure out why.
There's been recent talk on the forums of wrongly wired iems.
This made me swap the cable direction on one of the iems and now all is good.

May 25, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #28,209 of 31,845
Do the upside down 0.78 connecting cause any actual sound difference?

I've done it before with my TFZ King Pro and i thought the same with Barndoor. "it sound wrong"
Tough at the time, it seems one of the port also got closed by some gunk so it could be from that.

May 25, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #28,210 of 31,845
Do the upside down 0.78 connecting cause any actual sound difference?

I've done it before with my TFZ King Pro and i thought the same with Barndoor. "it sound wrong"
Tough at the time, it seems one of the port also got closed by some gunk so it could be from that.
No change to the frequency response. It was the phasing issue that my brain couldn't cope with.

May 25, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #28,212 of 31,845
I always test my IEM's with polarity test, you can really hear when it sounds wrong

Thanks, that confirms I'm not going mad.

May 25, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #28,214 of 31,845
Sorry for my incompetence, but how you can do the polarity wrong? Maybe with 2 pin, but probably with QDC is impossible?
In my case I believe the iem is wired wrong, so I have to put the cable the wrong way round on one side. The cable has ear guides so is not particularly comfortable being pulled in the opposite direction to what it was intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back