CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 21, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,791 of 31,833
Yeah, way less sibilant, quite the opposite soundsignature in fact! Treble isn't as harsh and cold sounding that 4in1, bass is way more present, clarity is different, cause sound is thicker, mids are about the same, not very wide and envelopping but well presented and clean, high of 6in1 are less clinical....very different beast that I find way more musical than the 4in1 (did not have anymore, sold after I got 6in1!). I'm ''happy'' to know that you find sibilant the 4in1, was thinking i'm crazy cause of all good reviews it got! They kind of remind me the **** PT15 annoying soundsignature if I think about it. Only drawback would be a little lack of air between instruments (for a 3 driver iem) and a so so housing construction (but well glued togheter!). For 10$ more, it's a big upgrade in term of musicality and fun factor.

I wonder anyone get the new version of shiny 6in1. How about the sound.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #2,793 of 31,833
Yeah, way less sibilant, quite the opposite soundsignature in fact! Treble isn't as harsh and cold sounding that 4in1, bass is way more present, clarity is different, cause sound is thicker, mids are about the same, not very wide and envelopping but well presented and clean, high of 6in1 are less clinical....very different beast that I find way more musical than the 4in1 (did not have anymore, sold after I got 6in1!). I'm ''happy'' to know that you find sibilant the 4in1, was thinking i'm crazy cause of all good reviews it got! They kind of remind me the **** PT15 annoying soundsignature if I think about it. Only drawback would be a little lack of air between instruments (for a 3 driver iem) and a so so housing construction (but well glued togheter!). For 10$ more, it's a big upgrade in term of musicality and fun factor.

The 6in1 sounds interesting but I am really not pleased with ****'s build quality. When changing the tips of my 4in1 the complete nozzle came loose. I've read somewhere that **** just hotglues their IEMS and that just doesn't cut it anymore. I'll keep an eye out for their future products but they really need to address the way they manifacture their products in my view.

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,795 of 31,833
Still looking forward to a comparison between the **** 6in1 and the zs5 :)

Look like **** was more in a hurry to arrive than ZS5, but be sure I will compare both once I got them. From what I read it will be a very exotic comparison hehe

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #2,796 of 31,833
Pronounced bass is so often in cheaper IEMs, such a dealbreaker to ordering one.
We need more neutral products :D

Yep, too much pronounced boomy bass that blend sub and mid in a clumsy way lot of time that we find in cheap iem, still V shape soundsignature is way too much hyped by people that sometime listen to V shaped music source too! i'm all about neutrality if we don't forget that bass should make some rumble and don't feel dry. Urbanfun got it right, even if a little little more bass would make them genius iem!

Whats your favorite ''neutral'' iem???

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #2,797 of 31,833
The 6in1 sounds interesting but I am really not pleased with ****'s build quality. When changing the tips of my 4in1 the complete nozzle came loose. I've read somewhere that **** just hotglues their IEMS and that just doesn't cut it anymore. I'll keep an eye out for their future products but they really need to address the way they manifacture their products in my view.

I don't know what's the big difficulty to glue well earphones but it happen way too often that nozzle and housing fall appart with chinese iem. I just use superglue to glue back 2 pair of broken Dodocool Hybrid and they are now officialy repair, wasn't a big deal. Hotglue is really not a good idea for iem, wich became hot in ears after sometime....Perhaps Swing EC1 have better construction cause Swing IE800 are well constructed and my pair is still sturdy after 1 year. **** Custom are way more solid, In fact, all custom like iem feel of better durability.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,798 of 31,833
I don't know what's the big difficulty to glue well earphones but it happen way too often that nozzle and housing fall appart with chinese iem. I just use superglue to glue back 2 pair of broken Dodocool Hybrid and they are now officialy repair, wasn't a big deal. Hotglue is really not a good idea for iem, wich became hot in ears after sometime....Perhaps Swing EC1 have better construction cause Swing IE800 are well constructed and my pair is still sturdy after 1 year. **** Custom are way more solid, In fact, all custom like iem feel of better durability.

So the **** Customs have better construction? That's an IEM I'll keep on my watchlist then.

In other news I got the LZ Z03A. These are a really nice surprise. A bit V-shaped, solid bass that doesn't overwhelm the mids and nice clear treble which is a bit sibilant at times but not too often. They are still on sale a Gearbest and a steal at the price.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2,799 of 31,833
Pronounced bass is so often in cheaper IEMs, such a dealbreaker to ordering one.
We need more neutral products :D

Try - Daono D21 only $4 - they're remarkably good if you don't mind a little less bass. In fact they've become my defacto earphone when I don't want something too bulky. I think I might have been a little conservative with my rating, they should have been higher.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #2,800 of 31,833
Yep, too much pronounced boomy bass that blend sub and mid in a clumsy way lot of time that we find in cheap iem, still V shape soundsignature is way too much hyped by people that sometime listen to V shaped music source too! i'm all about neutrality if we don't forget that bass should make some rumble and don't feel dry. Urbanfun got it right, even if a little little more bass would make them genius iem!

Whats your favorite ''neutral'' iem???
Most of my iems aren't neutral and I am looking for one in the sub 70$ range for a while, though I really like the Urbanfun.

Try - Daono D21 only $4 - they're remarkably good if you don't mind a little less bass. In fact they've become my defacto earphone when I don't want something too bulky. I think I might have been a little conservative with my rating, they should have been higher.
Unfortunatelly those seem to be hard to come by.

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,805 of 31,833
You should really go for the Vivo xe800 if you're looking for a neutral earphone.

Amazing value for their price on AE. The Rippillac store ones are genuine.
I think the next order would be something a bit pricier, CKR9 or Exclusive 5 or something like that. Though I had the XE800 on my list for quite a while.

As a sidenote: The Danao is listed as KDK-202 all over AE if someone is looking for different offers on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back