CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 10, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,746 of 31,833
videl, what are the best under 3 usd headphones you know, I need disposable but decent sounding headphones that me and my family carry out. My only rule is that they are absolutely fatigue free with warm vocals and high and decent build to last. other then that the bigger bass and clarity the better.

I already bought a couple of your highly rated fonge t01 but some of my family members don't like the over ears design and bulky build. do you recommend any other. Thanks in advance.

UiiSii HM7 are good for less than 5$. I sure you can spare a couple of bucks.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #2,747 of 31,833
videl, what are the best under 3 usd headphones you know, I need disposable but decent sounding headphones that me and my family carry out. My only rule is that they are absolutely fatigue free with warm vocals and high and decent build to last. other then that the bigger bass and clarity the better.

I already bought a couple of your highly rated fonge t01 but some of my family members don't like the over ears design and bulky build. do you recommend any other. Thanks in advance.

Are you open to try earbud too? Qian earbuds are really something for vocal. There lot of incredible value in earbud market.

Jun 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,748 of 31,833
nah I myself prefer earbuds and settled for monk+ now after trying all other budgets bar vido, while my totl is lz a4 and use piston2 and monk+ for outside use. I am the only one who finds earbuds more comfy then iems in my family, and you are right, there is much more value to performance in earbuds.

HM7 is already with one of little sisters, she says its ok but though a bit bright and shouty and I feel very little up to no bass in that. and I ordered fonge yesterday so will see.

about moreblue, there are two versions, which one u mean, do they have warm and decent quality sound?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lgo_pvid=7058703d-6d22-4987-b8b8-27999447f40c

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lux...lgo_pvid=7058703d-6d22-4987-b8b8-27999447f40c

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #2,749 of 31,833
about moreblue, there are two versions, which one u mean, do they have warm and decent quality sound?

It's this one

It's very good for such a low price and the sound is on the warm side - there's a similar model reviewed by B9 here. I'm guessing they are the same model. I'll review the DM8 early next week.

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #2,750 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac remember that 'BA' earphone well I finally got the the end of what's inside - it's a 5mm micro driver earphone not a BA. They still sound great for the money.

I've gone and put my money where my mouth is and bought a few more for my store.

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #2,751 of 31,833
Hello everyone. Today I've received this cheap earbud: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/328...-With-Mic-Earbuds-HIFI-Stereo-3-5mm-Subwoofer
For the price could be a hidden gem, I am not kidding. Sound quality is impressive with punchy but controlled bass, clear forward mids, crisp highs. Soundstage is very large.
KST-T6-Metal-Magnetic-Earphone-Super-Bass-Headset-With-Mic-Earbuds-HIFI-Stereo-3-5mm-Subwoofer.jpg_640x640.jpg_.webp

Build quality is pretty stunning for the price. Housing are metallic, and so is the inline microphone. The cable is soft and similar to Urbanfun's. The only downside is the comfort. They are pretty large with sharp edges, and no foam tips are included. also there is no soft strain relief. For this price i suggest you to try them, they really surprised me, i didnt expect so much.

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,752 of 31,833
It's this one

It's very good for such a low price and the sound is on the warm side - there's a similar model reviewed by B9 here. I'm guessing they are the same model. I'll review the DM8 early next week.

I think they are the same. The link from my original review apparently leads to the Fonge FG002 now. Probably just a number of companies buying and re-branding the same thing. Maybe Shure is getting on their case for using the E2 housing, haha.

Jun 12, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #2,753 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac remember that 'BA' earphone well I finally got the the end of what's inside - it's a 5mm micro driver earphone not a BA. They still sound great for the money.

I've gone and put my money where my mouth is and bought a few more for my store.

BIG thanks for sacrificing a good IEM in the name of TRUTH:)
Very appreciate to know what the real component is when we can, and I feel it's easy for some seller to play with consumer goodwill. Look like the driver is tinier than joyroom E107 6mm one, if it's sound good it's quite an achievment, nothing to be ashame off fro the seller:wink:

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #2,754 of 31,833
BIG thanks for sacrificing a good IEM in the name of TRUTH:)
Very appreciate to know what the real component is when we can, and I feel it's easy for some seller to play with consumer goodwill. Look like the driver is tinier than joyroom E107 6mm one, if it's sound good it's quite an achievment, nothing to be ashame off fro the seller:wink:

The seller came clean after I told him I was about to pull one apart, he said he was mislead by his supplier.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #2,755 of 31,833
Hello! Long time lurker of Head-Fi but this will be my first post. So, my dog ate my 4-year old VSonic GR07 Classic and I am currently looking for a replacement for sub-$50. I tried backreading through all these threads, including the Chinese/Asian one, but got confused with all the various earphones being tested (and is hard to backread through 2000+ pages). I really loved GR07's sound signature of being balanced/neutral to v-shaped. Other iems I've had are the Xiaomi Pistons (seems a bit bass heavy), VSonics VSD1S, VSD3S, VSD5S (also loved this, albeit poor cable quality), Soundmagic E10, ES18, SHE3580. I also have an ATH-M50x and NAD Viso HP50, both of which I love sound-wise. With these preferences, can you help out on picking a Chi-Fi for 50$ or less, preferably with a better cable quality than the VSonics. Would be better if you could give around three recommendations since shipping to our country is not that easy. Thanking in advance for your recommendations.

TL;DR Looking for a sub-$50 Chi-Fi with similar sound signature to VSonic GR07.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #2,756 of 31,833

It's a while since I've heard the GR07 but I do recall them being fairly balanced. I would suggest one of these three, all well within your budget: -
  • KZ ZS5 - this has a removeable cable with in line remote but they are a lot larger than the GR07s. You might want to order with the optional silver cable.
  • Vivo XE800 - uses the same driver as GR07, cable isn't up to much - buy from Penon to be sure they're genuine
  • Boss HiFi B3 - very balanced and great all round performer
I hope this helps.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #2,758 of 31,833
Hey Vidal! Thanks for your response. Umm, one iem that caught my attention while reading through these threads is the Tennmak Crazy Cello. Do you have these? Can you give your impression on this IEM?

From memory as I had pair before I started doing reviews and sent them back to Amazon as I wasn't a fan. They're bassier than GR07 and I think the treble was a little dark for my tastes. I'm sure others may have more information about them though.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #2,759 of 31,833
Hello! Long time lurker of Head-Fi but this will be my first post. So, my dog ate my 4-year old VSonic GR07 Classic and I am currently looking for a replacement for sub-$50. I tried backreading through all these threads, including the Chinese/Asian one, but got confused with all the various earphones being tested (and is hard to backread through 2000+ pages). I really loved GR07's sound signature of being balanced/neutral to v-shaped. Other iems I've had are the Xiaomi Pistons (seems a bit bass heavy), VSonics VSD1S, VSD3S, VSD5S (also loved this, albeit poor cable quality), Soundmagic E10, ES18, SHE3580. I also have an ATH-M50x and NAD Viso HP50, both of which I love sound-wise. With these preferences, can you help out on picking a Chi-Fi for 50$ or less, preferably with a better cable quality than the VSonics. Would be better if you could give around three recommendations since shipping to our country is not that easy. Thanking in advance for your recommendations.

i have owned the gr07 since the first iteration, i currently also have some other iems including kz ate, zs3, zs5, hds3.

In that above mentioned list, zs5 sounds the most similar to gr07, but the layering, timbre and presentation isn't as good as the gr07 plus it's more uncomfortable (subjective).

gr07 is a phenomenal iem, not many can replicate it's sound signature.. i am looking forward to gr09 for an upgrade.. i skipped the gr07x because it doesn't have a fully removable cable.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2,760 of 31,833
In that above mentioned list, zs5 sounds the most similar to gr07, but the layering, timbre and presentation isn't as good as the gr07 plus it's more uncomfortable (subjective).

gr07 is a phenomenal iem, not many can replicate it's sound signature.. i am looking forward to gr09 for an upgrade.. i skipped the gr07x because it doesn't have a fully removable cable.

Maybe I'm missing the point from the comment about the GR07X but my GR07 didn't have a removeable cable, does yours? was there two versions?

I stopped listening to my GR07 over two years ago, gifted it to my dad when I decided other earphones I had at the time were better. It's an opinion backed up following a further listening session about 5 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back