CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 10, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #26,956 of 31,833
In some ways, you're looking for the Tinhifi T4.

It's warm-neutral, has a respectable bass by TinHifi standards, treble is revealing but isn't outrageous.

However, I can't easily recommend it because:

-the fit is awkward, as it still uses last-gen bullet-shaped housings

-isolation is poor

-MMCX connectors could lead to issues

OTOH, it is considered the $100 reference set for a reason. It usually reproduces the audio somewhat like must have been intended, which is not something I can say for all IEMs. [With its average soundstage, listening to it is like looking at an accurate photo of a painting through a small hole].

It is good for alternative, in my experience. And it has the detail you are looking for. Fairly easily driven.

There's the aformentioned IT00. It's supposed to be crisp and bassy from what I understand. Almost certainly has greater bass texture than the T4.

Given the specific music genres requested, maybe a recent KZ like the ZSX or ZAX?

Maybe should recommend something like the BQEYZ KB100? Supposed to be a balanced set. Decent isolation. Easily driven. Enough bass for rock.
I agree. The T4 is a special single DD with superb detail resolution and a neutral profile. The MMCX connection can be iffy. My first pair lost connection and the cable was hard to remove. The replacement, however, is perfect. Fit is fine with the supplied tips.

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #26,957 of 31,833
I listen to mostly blues...blues/rock...classic rock.
I don't read much about them but the TFZ Live 3 are great for this music to my ears.
Great bass. The music has a nice weight to it and I have been enjoying them.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #26,958 of 31,833
FB_IMG_1607351128437.jpgIMG_20201204_161845__01.jpgIMG_20201204_161751__01.jpg

Another hidden gem from taobao, single DD DQSM Hermit priced at around RMB99, although this look like a final audio fi-ba-ss copycat but dont underestimate its sound, clean & balance tonality, slighly bright with HUGE I mean HYUGEEEEEEEE soundstage, the soundstage & its overall technical performance doesnt make sense at this price point. But it needs extra juice of power to reach it full potential though. If you can get this at online store/taobao just buy it blindly you wont regret it.
Would you be able to give a quick review/couple of impressions on this pair? Please and thank you!

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #26,960 of 31,833
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tripowin-tc-01.24878/reviews#item-review-25056

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tripowin-tc-01universal-iem-49-00.951187/

D2AD6AAB-954D-475A-92CF-2AFD2BABE14D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #26,961 of 31,833
+1 to this.

But too bad the BLON BL-05S comes in a garish green colour, I've a few friends who outright won't buy it cause of the colour. Also, I suspect quite a few folks got burned by the BL-05 (non S) and are scared to get the BL-05S.

I got my 05S sent to me for review. If that hadn't been the case I would have left it well alone. I don't like the colour and I really don't like the 05.
I think the S needed to be a very different colour to distinguish it from the non-S. They're very different IEMs.

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #26,964 of 31,833
Cross-posting:

Calling out every head-fier that wants to try something "neutral/midcentric-ish" for the price of a fast food meal. Check out the Faaeal Poppy ($7) - linear bass (though there is roll-off), slightly elevated upper midrange, and relaxed highs.

When I first got these, I concluded that these were somewhat neutral with elevated bass. But there lies the issue - while I was tinkering with the IEM, I found out that there was glue covering the front vent which resulted in increased bass quantity. Impulsively, I got a needle and poked it. When I put them on, I almost hated it because I wasn't hearing bass. But decided to brain burn-in them for a few songs and that somehow worked...

Bass is dry-sounding. It's still audible, though not as pronounced. The bad thing is that, while it does extend up to lower bass and subbass territory, there isn't just enough quantity to provide punch and rumble. Midrange leans more toward clarity and away from warmth. It manages to have forward vocals and instruments without being shouty and sibilant. Highs didn't change from my initial experience - still relaxed, albeit more pronounced (related to the changes with the bass) but still not piercing. Soundstage is also quite large, which may be due to an illusion associated with linear bass and the quality/quantity of the upper mids and highs. Separation might have also improved due to the linear bass response.

I can't say that I fully like it but I also don't hate it for what it offers in this price range. There's still the package - usable hard case, 3 pairs of white tips, and 3 pairs of grey tips (TRN look-alike), so for the price it's not a waste of money.

IMG20201227075034.jpg

Have tried putting some Micropore tape over the front vent (or something else that's not a solid plug of glue)?

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #26,965 of 31,833
Have tried putting some Micropore tape over the front vent (or something else that's not a solid plug of glue)?
Tried that and bass went back to how it was before. BUT, I just damaged the voice coils due to my dumb tinkering and I've now decided to not do anything to my gear other than listen to them.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #26,966 of 31,833
Faaeal Poppy ($7)

Have one of these on the way, and should also be receiving the TD06 tomorrow. In the meantime, I still can't get enough of my SSP. Even though the new toy smell has long worn off, I regret nothing :)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #26,967 of 31,833
Have one of these on the way, and should also be receiving the TD06 tomorrow. In the meantime, I still can't get enough of my SSP. Even though the new toy smell has long worn off, I regret nothing :)
DON'T POKE THE FRONT VENT. I think. It wasn't glue that was covering it. It was some kind of thick patch which I tried removing from the inside, while accidentally damaging the voice coil.

Jan 13, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #26,968 of 31,833
DON'T POKE THE FRONT VENT. I think. It wasn't glue that was covering it. It was some kind of thick patch which I tried removing from the inside, while accidentally damaging the voice coil.

I will be perfectly happy to leave it as-is XD

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #26,969 of 31,833
Got my KP580 (V1) in the mail today. Was surprised there was a V2 released. Anyways, very brief first-impressions:

- Sounds very V-shaped to me, but it's not like the mids are particularly muddy-sounding or anything, it's just that bass goes HARD (almost to the point of being uncomfortable bass cannons but just short) and treble goes FAR (almost to the point of sibilance but just short). Vocals (especially female vocals) seem very clear, real nice. I know the way I phrased the bass and the treble makes it seem like I'm not a fan, but I do like it, especially for electronic/dubstep, etc. which are SUPER fun to listen to with these. I think this compliments my preference of using the Tin T2 as my main IEMs, in that the Tin T2 are considerably more neutral so when I want to crank up the bass I can switch to the KP580.
- Minor driver flex on the left ear. Not much of a bother to me.
- Build quality on the IEMs themselves is amazing in my opinion. They feel somewhat weighty in the hand. Comfy - the shape of the shell is such that very little of it - if any part of it at all - rubs against my ears uncomfortably or anything. Nice.
- I bought the cable option, and because we're talking about V1, a screw/locking mechanism is available to secure it in place when connected to the KP580. Very nice strain relief on the L-shaped male end. The body of the cable's mic rattles/ is not secure. I've noticed this mic shell is employed on several cables such as the KZ ED9 which I found also had the same shaky mic issue.

All in all, I'm satisfied. I would point people towards the KP580 if they're V-shape fans who want a comfy shell.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #26,970 of 31,833
Got my TinHIFI T2 Plus back from replacement warranty as the previous ones got driver imbalance issue (Left unit is somewhat sounds lower in volume compared to the Right).

First impression ootb using Sonata HD Pro + stock cable + Final Type E tips. At moderate volume: What a very warm sounding iem! Increasing the volume up make it sound even more warm.

Then i left them burn in for one night...
Yes, for only 8hours the warm is still there but kinda appropriate for my taste. Compared to the first impression, it only affect the warm side nothing more.

So, for me everything that has moving mechanical parts need a break in to get used to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back