CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 14, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #25,141 of 31,833
kb100 is $50

For sub $40 I'd say there's much more competition than these 3 BQEYZ earphones, especially going back so far as 2018 (tho I get my KB100 at last tomo).

The most obvious being IMO

BLON BL03
Multiple KZ
CCA C10
E-MI CI880
Moondrop Crescent
Final Audio e2000
VE Bonus IE
TRN V90

NICEHKC X49... which I think is going to go down as a popular budget favourite AS IT'S AWESOME. For £15 it's got to have one of the most realistic sounding cymbal splashes I've heard. I'm still amazed at the detail it brings out.

Guilty pleasures

ARTISTE DC1
Magaosi BK50

EDIT : There's a ton I've missed, these are just some of my favourites.
The BQEYZs are all under $40 in Asia where most of humanity lives. If you think the BL-03 with its bloated bass and muffled highs, the V90 with its deep V and absent mids, etc. are credible competition as balanced, neutral-ish IEMs, well, there really is nothing for me to say further. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #25,143 of 31,833
NICEHKC X49... which I think is going to go down as a popular budget favourite AS IT'S AWESOME. For £15 it's got to have one of the most realistic sounding cymbal splashes I've heard. I'm still amazed at the detail it brings out.

I ordered my x49 in the luckybag promotion.
According to tracking it's been in the country since 6th May but is never sent for delivery.

Chas

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #25,144 of 31,833
You can add the Gold Planar GL400 to the 71-100 dollar list these cost $79.99 on Amazon. They are made by same company as the Tin Fi earphones which is Linsoul in China. & are entry level planar magnetic earphones. They sound quite good with some limitations. They are good enough to make one want to delve deeper into planar magnetic.

Edit, found out they are not made by Linsoul just sold by them through Amazon.

They are not bad out of box but did require some minor tuning to sound their best & do require a little more power than most cell phones can delivery my LG V60 drives them very well though if I trick into one of the higher gain modes.

The tuning required only requires a small thin piece of foam that you cut out of the thin foam that came in the packaging cut in the shape & size of the felt damping pad that is inside the driver earcups. Add the new foam piece on top of original foam piece then put the felt piece on top of that running the wires behind the felt piece. Be careful putting it back together so as not to get wire into path of any of the screws as wire is quite long.

With this mod the midrange-bass balance is perfect. Treble is is not as obscured as with original tuning. Still a little soft but this seems to be a general trait of most planar magnetic earphones.

Overall the sound is very full & rich but with great detail & slam in the bass as well some of the best attack on percussion at any bass- midrange frequency I have ever heard. Bass seems to go down forever with great power throughout & this carries over into midrange (the power does but bass does not in any way interfere with midrange. The midrange is just as powerful all on it's own). The only minor weakness is on the treble but this can actually be good as many recordings are recorded too hot in the treble & there is precious few recordings that will offend. There are a few that I have that still will offend though just so you know treble is not in any way absent.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #25,147 of 31,833
K2 everyday of the week.

The BQ3 plain sucks, sorry. Bloated bass, no highs. Bassy and Dark. Yuck!
I've not heard the K2 or Bq3, but the KB100 is spot on. Excellent bass and good everything.

I just found that K2 has another model so similar KC2
I should get KC2 over K2? Differences about them?

Btw the last CCA 16 driver iem (the black one) is so nice, but it needs a good cable to get the best of them

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #25,148 of 31,833
I just found that K2 has another model so similar KC2
I should get KC2 over K2? Differences about them?

Btw the last CCA 16 driver iem (the black one) is so nice, but it needs a good cable to get the best of them

From bqeyz:
10283739.png

Edit: see post below, bq3 may not be accurate (I haven't heard them).

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #25,152 of 31,833
For those interested in the new budget iBasso IT00 IEM, I just posted my review. This one is my new sub $100 top dawg.

DSC_6325_result.jpg
Thanks a lot, you dangle the unobtainable fruit in front of our faces even more (at least unobtainable in the US so far)! :wink: Thanks for the review.

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #25,153 of 31,833
Those tips look cool and I bet sound good, but I just checked on eBay.... £40 for 3 pairs, jeeeeez you could buy another set of CA16s for that :)
They can be great for achieving a good seal with some IEMs, and can enhance the sound of some IEMs, but in reality, they are just another ear tip option that is available. They do NOT improve the sound of every IEM, and in many cases, I prefer the fit and sound of my other ear tips. DON’T feel pressured to buy them just b/c they’re the new shiny object. If you’re perfectly happy with the current sound and fit of your IEMs, no need to get these.

Just trying to keep it real with these hyped ear tips.

Jul 14, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #25,155 of 31,833
I'm still looking for the 1-tip fits all but guess that doesn't exists
Impossible, as everyone has different ears and one single tip wont fit all iems as some have a bigger stem and some smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back