CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 11, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #24,646 of 31,868
I been using chi-fi without knowing it since 2013 with the Xiaomi Piston 2, my "first official" chi-fi was the KZ ZS6.

When do you think you are getting the LZ Z04A? Planning on getting it during the sale since it might be a hidden gem.

my first chifi was the zs3, then i got the zs5 on pre sale, then the mi hibrid pro, which i liked very much. after sometime i got the es4 and so on ...

well i've ordered the z04a a couple of weeks ago, but it only left china yesterday so i think i will have to wait another 20 days to get it in hands i'd say, unfortunately.

i've read moonstar review on it and decided to order it. i definitely hope it is a hidden gem. i wonder why people don't talk much about LZ as it's flagship is praised all around right?

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #24,647 of 31,868
my first chifi was the zs3, then i got the zs5 on pre sale, then the mi hibrid pro, which i liked very much. after sometime i got the es4 and so on ...

well i've ordered the z04a a couple of weeks ago, but it only left china yesterday so i think i will have to wait another 20 days to get it in hands i'd say, unfortunately.

i've read moonstar review on it and decided to order it. i definitely hope it is a hidden gem. i wonder why people don't talk much about LZ as it's flagship is praised all around right?
I saw a review on aliexpress mentioning that it is a mini semkarch cnt1 so thats the one that got me interested and also because of my experience with the A6. I am wary of so called "reviewers" after my little surprise with the Final Audio F3100, honestly makes me sick and mad at them.

Here is some quotes from "majorhifi": " The F3100 seemed to have a tight low end. It wasn’t particularly emphasized, but get realistic and natural. " Natural my ass, it is one of the most unnatural bass out there.

" This low end entertains a decent bass, as well as some noticeable detail. While some bleeding is present, the sound isn’t completely horrible. To the contrary, despite this one blemish, the sound in the low end is actually pretty decent. " Bleeding!!! there is no bass to speak of so how tf can it bleed.

****ing pieces of crap.

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #24,648 of 31,868
would you mind sharing this seller then? i'm really interested on the mh755
as for the mods, they are amazing, i love the purple cable. any threads explaining how to mod them?

yeah the further i go into this iem addicition, harder it is to stop buying new iem's. i gotta stop some point or will i ever?

i was initially torn betwenn lz a6 mini, shozy form 1.1 and the kbear diamond. but i ended up ordering the lz a6 mini as it was cheaper, but i'm looking forward the tri i3 and the shozy 1.1 in the near future.
i'm also getting into the portable amp/dac idea.

Seller "Kanoya" on eBay definitely sells genuine MH755s. I can't find the seller of definite genuine MH750s right now.

Don't bother with black ones of either, they WILL be fake.

Some of the fakes actually sound pretty good, not dollar store fodder at all.

As for whether you'll stop feeding the addiction, I've gone past 30 pairs now. This year I've gone quieter though, just the Blon BL-05, KZ Z1 TWS, and NiceHCK X49.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #24,649 of 31,868
as for the mods, they are amazing, i love the purple cable. any threads explaining how to mod them?

yeah the further i go into this iem addicition, harder it is to stop buying new iem's. i gotta stop some point or will i ever?

i was initially torn betwenn lz a6 mini, shozy form 1.1 and the kbear diamond. but i ended up ordering the lz a6 mini as it was cheaper, but i'm looking forward the tri i3 and the shozy 1.1 in the near future.
i'm also getting into the portable amp/dac idea.

So I purchased my MH755's from an eSlay seller named Spassear for $7.99 and they were verified authentic buy Slater when he did the MMCX mod. Spassear does not come up for me anymore but these seem legit and for $14.99 now they sure should be!
https://www.ebay.com/i/401711764387...d=361884429431&itm=401711764387&ul_noapp=true

I don't do mods with my big old hands but once again I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction for DIY or maybe consignment. The one thing I might say is slow down and smell the roses (listen to what you currently have to break them in and really get a sense of what you like and dislike) before buying a bunch more. Between what you've heard and others post you could save money and go more towards what you really like in an iem. Happy hunting :beerchug:

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #24,650 of 31,868

Lots of info & pics here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...ion-thread-mh750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/

Here's my short instructions, this is what I do.

I've been using these ones. Option 'b'.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33035633031.html

With any size MMCX you can't use the nut. The driver bottoms out against it and won't clip back together.

I enlarge the hole a bit using a precision round file, towards the opening so I don't remove material from the back of the housing. I finish the hole and size it by hand with a 3.5mm drill bit (meaning I twist the drill bit by hand). Then tap the hole to M4 x .5mm thread. Once soldered I use a bit of epoxy to make sure there is no chance of pulling the connectors out when disconnecting a cable.

Seller "Kanoya" on eBay definitely sells genuine MH755s. I can't find the seller of definite genuine MH750s right now.

As for whether you'll stop feeding the addiction, I've gone past 30 pairs now. This year I've gone quieter though, just the Blon BL-05, KZ Z1 TWS, and NiceHCK X49.

Here's a short list of sellers I've used for real mh755 & mh750.

The seller zaxis in UK had genuine black mh750's.

Black mh755 with straight connector, seller was 'kitty_toy_shop' on ebay, from HK. No more stock.

White mh755 from Kanoya in Japan which I have gotten legit white mh755 from before. Did get a black pair that were fake.

White mh755, Spassear in US.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #24,651 of 31,868
I saw a review on aliexpress mentioning that it is a mini semkarch cnt1 so thats the one that got me interested and also because of my experience with the A6. I am wary of so called "reviewers" after my little surprise with the Final Audio F3100, honestly makes me sick and mad at them.

Here is some quotes from "majorhifi": " The F3100 seemed to have a tight low end. It wasn’t particularly emphasized, but get realistic and natural. " Natural my ass, it is one of the most unnatural bass out there.

" This low end entertains a decent bass, as well as some noticeable detail. While some bleeding is present, the sound isn’t completely horrible. To the contrary, despite this one blemish, the sound in the low end is actually pretty decent. " Bleeding!!! there is no bass to speak of so how tf can it bleed.

****ing pieces of crap.

yeah. some people say that this famous youtuber reviewer is biased by the store he gets stuff from. no idea if this is true or not.
you're right, we have to be careful about reviewers. but as i can't try any of them before buying, i end up having to look around on reviews and comments on what i should buy next.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #24,652 of 31,868

thank you, i will give it a look later.

Lots of info & pics here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...ion-thread-mh750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/

Here's my short instructions, this is what I do.

Here's a short list of sellers I've used for real mh755 & mh750.

The seller zaxis in UK had genuine black mh750's.

Black mh755 with straight connector, seller was 'kitty_toy_shop' on ebay, from HK. No more stock.

White mh755 from Kanoya in Japan which I have gotten legit white mh755 from before. Did get a black pair that were fake.

White mh755, Spassear in US.

thank you, i will be reading it for instructions.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #24,653 of 31,868
The one thing I might say is slow down and smell the roses (listen to what you currently have to break them in and really get a sense of what you like and dislike) before buying a bunch more. Between what you've heard and others post you could save money and go more towards what you really like in an iem. Happy hunting :beerchug:

yeah, you are absolutely right. i think i'm going to chill and wait for what i have on the way, give a listen to everything and figure out what path i should pursue. thanks for the advice, i will be following it.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #24,654 of 31,868
yeah. some people say that this famous youtuber reviewer is biased by the store he gets stuff from. no idea if this is true or not.
you're right, we have to be careful about reviewers. but as i can't try any of them before buying, i end up having to look around on reviews and comments on what i should buy next.
It is impossible to be completely devoid of bias when you are reviewing stuff. Either because of a free/discounted iem, love/hate for the brand or maybe just your personal tastes that is affecting your judgment.

The difficult part is to separate these people that know they have some bias and are honestly trying to give their best opinion and the ones that are just plain shills.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #24,655 of 31,868
It is impossible to be completely devoid of bias when you are reviewing stuff. Either because of a free/discounted iem, love/hate for the brand or maybe just your personal tastes that is affecting your judgment.

The difficult part is to separate these people that know they have some bias and are honestly trying to give their best opinion and the ones that are just plain shills.

agreed. the is the thing, i think reviews will always be subjective and biased by one's taste. which isnt bad if, as you say, they are honest about it.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #24,656 of 31,868
agreed. the is the thing, i think reviews will always be subjective and biased by one's taste. which isnt bad if, as you say, they are honest about it.
The things that can alarm you to a dishonest review/reviewer to me is when

1. They do not say clearly if the product is self bought, review discounted or free.

2. They give a high score and say it has no cons.

3. High score without comparisons.

Really disgusts me when they do that and especially if all 3 are happening at the same time...

Jun 11, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #24,657 of 31,868
I know what you mean, they are too "direct" maybe, like in your face? I don't know how to describe it. and their treble certainly is annoying. the treble on the zsx isn't which is amazing. I just wish the zsx would have a little less bass, more controlled maybe. sometimes I feel like the bass is all over the place.
I think it’s a combination of the FR of the treble along with the “budget” BA timbre that make them sound strident.

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #24,658 of 31,868
The things that can alarm you to a dishonest review/reviewer to me is when

1. They do not say clearly if the product is self bought, review discounted or free.

2. They give a high score and say it has no cons.

3. High score without comparisons.

Really disgusts me when they do that and especially if all 3 are happening at the same time...

thanks for the heads up, i will keep an eye to it.

and yeah, it's disgusting, we might end up getting the wrong idea because of people who "sell themselves" for some iem's

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #24,660 of 31,868

I was recently wondering how to digest the reviews of certain individuals that don’t show overt biases, or have any of the red flags, but just post good to glowing reviews of pretty much everything. I’m not questioning their integrity, but rather what to make of any of their opinions, since they’re so homogeneous. Yes, a lot of products really are good to amazing, but not all of them.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I would likely make a terrible reviewer. I‘m not eloquent and creative enough to come up with good descriptors to finely differentiate the numerous IEMs that are currently on the market. For instance, you can criticize it all you want, but when I look over Crin’s ranking list, I realize that I would have no idea where to even start. I’d go crazy trying to categorize so many IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back