CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 25, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #24,421 of 31,863
Next up: CVJ CSN hybrid, (1DD+5BA) coming soon. 1x10mm double magnetic DD, 4x50060 and 1x30095. Sort of ZSX/C12 clone?

May 25, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #24,422 of 31,863
Nice write up. Skimmed across and agree pretty much across the board.

Also that offness is the tonal balance. I have these with Sony hybrid tips and a warmish source and they sound sublime. It brings it more in line with the 03's but with better dymanics and a bit more excitement. Also brings some of that texture in the bass and mids which was missing. Still can get hot in the treble though,

I have Sony Hybrid tips too. I'll give it a shot again. I was using Azla Senda Light tips.

May 25, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #24,423 of 31,863
I have Sony Hybrid tips too. I'll give it a shot again. I was using Azla Senda Light tips.

Nice interested in what you think about them :)

Yeah I found the 05's a bit bass light and a bit much on the thin side (even though they are slightly on the warm side). Making them sound a bit lean and lifeless, and a bit shrill at the same time. The hybrids bring back the bass a notch. A warm source like most Sony DAPs, (Hiby R3 in my case) brings the texture and tonality back into the iem. They are now my favorite portable sets I own at the moment.

May 26, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #24,425 of 31,863
That is awesome to hear thanks for the breakdown. I am going to order a pair asap.

I will let you know how I go on tips, the Final E Tips look good. Would you recommend foam tips? I enjoyed them a lot on the t3s, unsure if that was just a side-effect of dulling the highs though so perhaps not needed.
I think, with the smoother treble of the starfield, you're going to find foams to deaden the highs a little too much. E Tips, trust me. :)

May 26, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #24,426 of 31,863
How good is the deal for new Hifiman RE400 for 26.44 USD (2,000 INR), have the blons and T2's should I go for it.
That's an exceptional deal but beware that the re400's sound very different from the blons and t2's. You'll find the bass enemic on the re400 coming from what you have. The re400 will sound more clinical / analytical. That said I love them.

May 26, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #24,428 of 31,863

Ooh Azla Sedna characteristics is bringing up upper mids and trebles a little with sharp and fast resonance. I wont suggest them with boosted upper mids and bright IEMs. But they are great with sub bass and upper trebles air (soundstage)

May 26, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #24,429 of 31,863
How good is the deal for new Hifiman RE400 for 26.44 USD (2,000 INR), have the blons and T2's should I go for it.

The RE 400s are good. The RE600s are excellent. My suggestion: buy the RE600s.

May 27, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #24,430 of 31,863
Ooh Azla Sedna characteristics is bringing up upper mids and trebles a little with sharp and fast resonance. I wont suggest them with boosted upper mids and bright IEMs. But they are great with sub bass and upper trebles air (soundstage)

They (Sedna Light) actually toned down the treble and shout from the stock tips which actually made me not want to listen to the BL05 at all. I had them on for a few minutes and had terrible ringing and fatigue.

May 27, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #24,431 of 31,863
I just pulled the trigger on a wired ANC iems with in-line mic for cheap. It's the Samsung Advanced ANC earphones. Only $15 on Amazon Prime! Totally worth the risk as I like ANC tech (as I find thrm highly practical), and curious how they perform. I'm suspicious they maybe fake since so cheap, but I have doubts they would be with ANC and a battery.

I have Apple AirPods Pro TWS, but wanted a wired ANC set that happens to be in iem format as I hate being on the go with full-sized. The alternative would be Bose QC20, which still goes for whopping $250!

So, definately worth a try at the $15 price.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...advanced-anc-earphones--black-eo-ig950bbegus/
I think these will work decently on flights for cancelling engine noise. It does get rid of low frequency noise, but it doesn't seem to perform on the level of APP. I do like these because of being wired with battery life of 20 hrs on a single charge! Flights have high low frequency noise, and these will do nicely. Being wired is important to me given I can plug it into inflight entertainment when I want to. I like such flexability. And another plus, it doesn't have the crappy Xiaomi frequency response.

May 27, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #24,432 of 31,863
I have finally published my take on the BL-05. Please have a read here: BLON BL-05 Review

BLON hit it out of the park with the BL-03, and if that was an anomaly, this is the great normalizer. There will always be more average IEMs than good/great ones, and BLON is regressing to the mean with this release.

I think BLON targeted a different set of audience with the BL-05 and in that sense, they’ve done a good job. However, they should have somehow detached BL-05 from the BL-03, though that is an impossible ask since people compares everything with the BL-03. The two BLON IEMs complement each other in a sense, but the BL-03 executes its intended signature with supreme grace, whereas BL-05 ends up as another also-ran.

IMG_7733_r.JPG

May 27, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #24,433 of 31,863
I must say that I am not very satisfied with the Blon BL-05. This is based on first impressions, I will give them some time tomorrow, they have been burning in for the past 20 hours or so. I will do a detailed review, however I noticed that the fit wasn't quite good, and I'm not talking about eartips either, it might be the angle or the nozzle itself. I will give it a chance and see whether I am completely wrong with my first impressions.

Also when I was doing some quick 5-10 minute listening, nothing too impressive. I am pretty sure it has already been said, but to me it seems average, and the market is quite competitive.

I can only hope to be wrong, because otherwise it would be a shame. The design is quite good, but that will not make up for the sound or comfort compromise.

May 28, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #24,435 of 31,863
As others have said, the RE 400 is bass light, mid-centric. Mids are great - they have a distinctive tuning, and it is really a matter of whether you like that tuning (see Crin's graph). HOWEVER - there are QC issues. Mine split at the strain relief after a few months of light use, and QC seems to be a real problem
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/eljlef/hifiman_re400_horrific_quality_control/
The cable is not durable and that's a problem when the cable is not replaceable. At $25 I would say they are worth it, but don't expect them to last for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back