CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 17, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #24,301 of 31,833
Do long core tips exist besides the spinfit and aren't X-mas trees? Every time i search for tips, they seem to have a recessed core. Forgot to ask Slater examples when I talked about this.

Also mostly out of curiosity. How well does the FH1S fare in its price range? Mostly curious because I remember kmmbd comparing the original FH1 to the BL-03 and saying that if it weren't for the better build quality and accessories, the FH1 doesn't even register as competition... Presumably neither against the BL-03 nor the ZSX.

At this point I wonder if the EA3 is also considered an improvement from the FH1.

On a side note: I just remembered Zeos Pantera saying the BL-03 and his oBravo Cupid, and only those 2 IEMs did this weird stuff that makes him feel like the sound comes out of his brain. He never explicitly called it that way but if there's such thing as reverse soundstage. Is this it? Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be yet another reverse polarity connection issue and he doesn't realize it?

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #24,302 of 31,833
Yeah I am looking for something a bit richer and dare I say natural sounding. Even though I love the t3's extension and cool presentation I am not averse to darker signatures like the hd6xx and porta pros. Ideally it would be something that meets halfway with a bit of mid-range prominence though not at the expense of decent extension/clarity on both ends. I am an IEM noob though so perhaps a bit much to be asking for at this price range.

LZ A6 Mini is pretty good for the cash though I've not tried the Tin T4 or Moondrop Starfield for comparison

May 17, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #24,303 of 31,833
Do long core tips exist besides the spinfit and aren't X-mas trees? Every time i search for tips, they seem to have a recessed core. Forgot to ask Slater examples when I talked about this.

Also mostly out of curiosity. How well does the FH1S fare in its price range? Mostly curious because I remember kmmbd comparing the original FH1 to the BL-03 and saying that if it weren't for the better build quality and accessories, the FH1 doesn't even register as competition... Presumably neither against the BL-03 nor the ZSX.

At this point I wonder if the EA3 is also considered an improvement from the FH1.

On a side note: I just remembered Zeos Pantera saying the BL-03 and his oBravo Cupid, and only those 2 IEMs did this weird stuff that makes him feel like the sound comes out of his brain. He never explicitly called it that way but if there's such thing as reverse soundstage. Is this it? Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be yet another reverse polarity connection issue and he doesn't realize it?
Azla Sednas are long core, but they are also wide bore which may or may not be for you.

May 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #24,304 of 31,833

Flip Tips
KZ Starline
SpinFits
AZLA SednaFit (regular or Light)
Xmas tree (triple flange or cut down to double flange)

That’s pretty much your only options.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #24,305 of 31,833
Yeah I am looking for something a bit richer and dare I say natural sounding. Even though I love the t3's extension and cool presentation I am not averse to darker signatures like the hd6xx and porta pros. Ideally it would be something that meets halfway with a bit of mid-range prominence though not at the expense of decent extension/clarity on both ends. I am an IEM noob though so perhaps a bit much to be asking for at this price range.
I think, in that case, the Starfields would suit you very well. It's definitely got a warmer presentation than the T3, but has good treble extention as well. Resolution for the price is only matched, IMO, by the T4 and GR07. It has fantastic imaging for the price too. My only gripe with them would be the cable and ear tips, but those are easily replaced. I can give you suggestions for either, if you need them. Be aware that the Starfield has lipless nozzles, so you want a snug fit for tips. Something like the Final E Tips fit the bill perfectly.

May 18, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #24,306 of 31,833
My score for this AE sale.

Screenshot_20200518-110939.png

May 18, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #24,308 of 31,833
Hi friends, there's an Aliexpress Sale live now. I've sourced some sub $100 CHIFI well regarded sets on sale and listed them here. Please feel free to add any good deals you guys see so we can all benefit as a community. If there's any lower prices than these, please also share with me so I can update the prices, sorry my old eyes may be catching up LOL.

Sale prices are in USD and are before stacking coupons, and these are lowest desktop prices I've managed to find (the Aliexpress app tends to give a few cents to dollars off), so with coupons and app use, potentially the deal may be even sweeter. Also, some of these prices are after following certain stores on Aliexpress, so they occasionally give a "fan exclusive discount".

BLON BL-03 - $25
CCA C12 - $28.50
CCA C16 - $68
DUNU DM-480 - $58
Hisenior B5+ - $76
KBEAR Diamond - $71
KBEAR KB04 - $26
KZ ZSX - $34
LZ A6 Mini - $51.75
NiceHCK DB3 - $15
NiceHCK N7 Pro - $83
Shozy Form 1.1 - $75
Tin T2 - $32
Tin T4 - $89
TFZ No. 3 - $96 ----> other than the regular shell colour, they came out with new psychedelic crystal shells and a wood grain type shell colour. There's also a black gold colour that has been released a few months back.
TFZ Tequila 1 - $66
TRI I3 - $147 (sorry this shouldn't be in a sub $100 thread, but I was very happy with this purchase during the last AE sale)
TRN BA5 - $37
TRN V90 - $28
WG T-One - $93 - tip courtesy of nraymond

CONGRATS IN ADVANCE ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE, AND SORRY ABOUT YOUR WALLET!!!

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #24,309 of 31,833
While they are certainly nice deals, isnt there a bigger sale coming up next month? The mid-year sale which is from 14th to 24th June.

May 18, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #24,310 of 31,833
Hi friends, there's an Aliexpress Sale live now. I've sourced some sub $100 CHIFI well regarded sets on sale and listed them here. Please feel free to add any good deals you guys see so we can all benefit as a community. If there's any lower prices than these, please also share with me so I can update the prices, sorry my old eyes may be catching up LOL.

Sale prices are in USD and are before stacking coupons, and these are lowest desktop prices I've managed to find (the Aliexpress app tends to give a few cents to dollars off), so with coupons and app use, potentially the deal may be even sweeter. Also, some of these prices are after following certain stores on Aliexpress, so they occasionally give a "fan exclusive discount".

BLON BL-03 - $25
CCA C12 - $28.50
CCA C16 - $68
DUNU DM-480 - $58
Hisenior B5+ - $76
KBEAR Diamond - $71
KBEAR KB04 - $26
KZ ZSX - $34
LZ A6 Mini - $51.75
NiceHCK DB3 - $15
NiceHCK N7 Pro - $83
Shozy Form 1.1 - $75
Tin T2 - $32
Tin T4 - $89
TFZ No. 3 - $96 ----> other than the regular shell colour, they came out with new psychedelic crystal shells and a wood grain type shell colour. There's also a black gold colour that has been released a few months back.
TFZ Tequila 1 - $66
TRI I3 - $147 (sorry this shouldn't be in a sub $100 thread, but I was very happy with this purchase during the last AE sale)
TRN BA5 - $37
TRN V90 - $28

The WG T-One is $93 (or less) after coupons. BTW, anyone else notice that the WG T-One and iBasso IT01S have nearly identical measured responses in Crinacle's database?

iBasso IT-01S vs WG T-One.png

Has anyone tried both? Do they sound as similar as they measure? (And if so, why haven't they reviewed the same?)

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #24,311 of 31,833

BLON BL-03 - $25
CCA C12 - $28.50
CCA C16 - $68
DUNU DM-480 - $58
Hisenior B5+ - $76
KBEAR Diamond - $71
KBEAR KB04 - $26
KZ ZSX - $34
LZ A6 Mini - $51.75
NiceHCK DB3 - $15
NiceHCK N7 Pro - $83
Shozy Form 1.1 - $75
Tin T2 - $32
Tin T4 - $89
TFZ Tequila 1 - $66
TRN BA5 - $37
TRN V90 - $28

I'd like one of each, please. :)

May 18, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #24,312 of 31,833
has anyone ordered from AliExpress to the USA recently? I'm wondering how long it is taking to get orders.

May 18, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #24,313 of 31,833
Not to the US, but to the UK, delivery times are about 15 days Vs a non-virus timescale of about 8 or 9. The delay seems to be at this end though. 5 days from in the country to on my doorstep.

May 18, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #24,314 of 31,833
has anyone ordered from AliExpress to the USA recently? I'm wondering how long it is taking to get orders.

Ordered a computer cable on April 7, shipped out ePacket on April 11, no updates since.

Ordered some earphones and accessories on May 5, shipped out AliExpress Standard Shipping on May 9, put on an airplane and left China on May 10, no updates since, but I'm less worried about this one (so far).

May 18, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #24,315 of 31,833
While they are certainly nice deals, isnt there a bigger sale coming up next month? The mid-year sale which is from 14th to 24th June.

Yeah the midyear sale generally has better coupons and prices from past experience, but the above prices ain't too bad for some gear eg LZ A6 mini.

The WG T-One is $93 (or less) after coupons. BTW, anyone else notice that the WG T-One and iBasso IT01S have nearly identical measured responses in Crinacle's database?

iBasso IT-01S vs WG T-One.png

Has anyone tried both? Do they sound as similar as they measure? (And if so, why haven't they reviewed the same?)

There ain't that many reviews for the WG T-One. I've been keeping it on my wishlist, but it was too much of a risk to purchase blind without more consensus reviews.

There's the usual adage about graphs not telling the full story. Subjective elements like timbre of acoustic instruments, instrument placement, details, imaging, fit, isolation cannot be gleaned from the graphs alone. I haven't heard both, but would also be keen to hear if anyone has both of them to compare.

Ordered a computer cable on April 7, shipped out ePacket on April 11, no updates since.

Ordered some earphones and accessories on May 5, shipped out AliExpress Standard Shipping on May 9, put on an airplane and left China on May 10, no updates since, but I'm less worried about this one (so far).

I think cause of the coronavirus messing up with logistics, global travel and flights, a lot of others had the same issue. I have had 3 aliexpress orders from the last sale cancelled by the sellers. They claim it was cause the logistics company couldn't get a ride on the plane, and it was waiting at the airport for a few weeks, so they sent it back to the seller.

The orders were from different shops so it may just be the truth. And two of em refused to resend the item, claiming it would be the same problem, so they just refunded me outright.

Maybe just give a PM to the shop to check what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back