CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #23,911 of 31,834
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #23,912 of 31,834
Can't hang here today, my rotation crew don't meet the budget :open_mouth:

Dunu Zithers.JPG

Apr 22, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #23,913 of 31,834
After returning a pair of Tin hifi T3 IEMs which sounded so awful my ears threw up my iBasso IT01’s arrived. They sound great, and play all frequencies not just the high ones unlike the T3’s (I can’t believe anyone actually likes them). I have tiny ear holes, the smallest foam tips were too tight and only the smallest silicones fit 😧. I got the red and blue version, they look really good.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #23,914 of 31,834
After returning a pair of Tin hifi T3 IEMs which sounded so awful my ears threw up my iBasso IT01’s arrived. They sound great, and play all frequencies not just the high ones unlike the T3’s (I can’t believe anyone actually likes them). I have tiny ear holes, the smallest foam tips were too tight and only the smallest silicones fit 😧. I got the red and blue version, they look really good.

Ohhhhh those IT01's have some nice Bass to them too! Enjoy :)

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #23,915 of 31,834
Ohhhhh those IT01's have some nice Bass to them too! Enjoy :)

Agreed, I love the IT01. A great choice for that juicy dynamic bass :)

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #23,916 of 31,834
Agreed, I love the IT01. A great choice for that juicy dynamic bass :)

Would you stop it, I've been trying to resist those puppies for the longest :scream:

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #23,917 of 31,834
Thanks for recommendation. May i ask that is it worth for pringe differrence. A6M $55 and T4 $95

I definitely would say it's worth the price difference. They both are somewhat analytical, but the T4 is more neutral, if a bit bright, and more natural sounding. I second the moondrop starfield as another pick, if you like a little more bass/warmer presentation. The Tin Hifi sound isn't for everyone, but if you like it you'll REALLY like it. Sorry this reply took so long, BTW. Crazy times we're in...

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #23,918 of 31,834
Would you stop it, I've been trying to resist those puppies for the longest :scream:

You’re gonna kill me, but knowing the sound signatures you prefer, I know you’d absolutely love the IT01 Pod!

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #23,921 of 31,834
Tin T3 are great and well regarded as one of the most neutral, neutral-bright, IEM around $60. They, along with the BQEYZ KC2 and TRN BA5, are my top picks under $60. Sounds like you had a dud or simply could not get a good seal. You missed out.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #23,922 of 31,834
Tin T3 are great and well regarded as one of the most neutral, neutral-bright, IEM around $60. They, along with the BQEYZ KC2 and TRN BA5, are my top picks under $60. Sounds like you had a dud or simply could not get a good seal. You missed out.
Tastes are different.
More important what works for one's tastes and preferences in music, rather than what is "well regarded" (the latter though may be helpful for choosing the next $1000+ cable:))

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #23,924 of 31,834
Tastes are different.
More important what works for one's tastes and preferences in music, rather than what is "well regarded" (the latter though may be helpful for choosing the next $1000+ cable:))
Yeah, but from the description it seems it was a seal and fitment issue, not a matter of taste. The T3 are not all highs, as described. A cursory look at its FR graph will quickly disprove that claim.

As this is a knowledge community and information from others inform our purchase decisions, it is important to determine why things sound bad (or good). Does it sound bad because of different personal, individual taste? Or does it sound bad because it is inadequately fitted, broken, poorly designed or well outside the distribution of what humans in the aggregate consider good sound (e.g. the Harman target)? Chalking it all up to taste does not advance our knowledge. We are all humans here with personal, unique tastes, but our tastes in the aggregate are not randomly distributed, but rather follow a constrained distribution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back