CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #23,491 of 31,833
Don’t forget that there is 2 different versions of Urbanfun. One with beryllium driver, and one with ‘noble metal’ ie magnesium aluminum alloy driver.

There are definitely going to be differences between the 2 drivers, even if they have a similar tuning tuning curve.

Just something to think about.
Yes....thats...kinda big problem....im already post-trauma about Kbear F1 story, this drivers changing within same IEM model just shouldnt exist.

I have the new version. So its not beryllium???

Mar 21, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #23,492 of 31,833
Yes....thats...kinda big problem....im already post-trauma about Kbear F1 story, this drivers changing within same IEM model just shouldnt exist.

I have the new version. So its not beryllium???
TBH, I don't really think anyone TRULY knows given the current state of information; Linsoul, AliExpress and Drop all still indicate Beryllium. I fear that the true identity of this driver will not be known until someone disassembles a set from a "known" production batch. Until then, the subjective nature of this debate will continue. I'm expecting a set within the next two weeks and simply hoping they produce an enjoyable experience.

Mar 21, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #23,493 of 31,833
Personal impressions. I find the best cable and ear tips pairing, which is high quality 8 core copper litz cable from Audiosense and medium KZ starline (was using L before).

URBANFUN ISS014 VS BLON BL03
So, some influencer try very hard yealing on every roof that the ISS014 is new BLON killer, but here we talk about completely different sounding iem with one that have notable technicalities: the BLON. At half the price, the BLON stillis the unbeatable sub-50 single dynamic driver and no, the 60$ Urbanfun make a pale figure as well as a pale sound compared to more articulate, resolve and impactfull BLON. Simply put, when I go from ISS014 to BLON it’s like taking of a blanket covering the sound dynamic and resolution-definition. SOUNDSTAGE is bigger, more holographic, way deeper and more airy with the BLON, making the ISS014 sounding like a wide tapestry at somedistance from you. BASS is more thumpy, have better extension and articulation, rumble is meatier and mid bass more textured and impactfull, while ISS014 is smoother in impact and lack definition in sub and kick separation, as well, it’s less bassier but in a overly warm way. MIDS are clearer, slightly brighter with the BLON, separation is sharper and whole accuracy better than more laid back and diffuse mids of ISS014. Instrument like violin sound tonally right with good grip for the BLON while the ISS014 have tamed edge to it and lack texture, making it sound too liquid. TREBLE is more energic and snappy with the BLON, percussions having fuller resolution while the ISS014 highs are less balanced and thinner with extra brilliance and sparkle that can make cymbals splashy or woodblock metallic sounding.
In no way the ISS014 are better, if I force myself I would say female vocal are perhap less bright and more natural but not as clear and textured as BLON too, technically it’s seriously inferior and the lower resolution, poorer imaging, tamed attack with exception of upper treble make the comparison between those 2 very dangerous for the Urbanfun reputation as well as hysterical-must-find-a-new-budget-killer hyper.

Paragraphs are helpful.

BASS is more thumpy, have better extension and articulation, rumble is meatier and mid bass more textured and impactfull, while ISS014 is smoother in impact and lack definition in sub and kick separation

You are the first person saying it, the overwhelming impressions are quite the opposite as the Urbanfun have deeper sub-bass and impact than Blon. Could you elaborate it a bit better or give a song example?

Mar 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #23,496 of 31,833
TBH, I don't really think anyone TRULY knows given the current state of information; Linsoul, AliExpress and Drop all still indicate Beryllium. I fear that the true identity of this driver will not be known until someone disassembles a set from a "known" production batch. Until then, the subjective nature of this debate will continue. I'm expecting a set within the next two weeks and simply hoping they produce an enjoyable experience.

Exactly. No one knows what version is what (yet), so reports of any differences between the 2 driver type is difficult if not impossible. For example, if someone says theirs sounds sibilant, how do we know if they are talking about the magnesium/aluminum one (which wouldn’t apply to the beryllium one)? We don’t :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #23,497 of 31,833
One of you well experienced guys need to proposition Linsoul, or another connection, and ask them to disassemble them and make an accurate determination. This would benefit both the buying public and allow Linsoul to market them without misrepresentation. :thumbsup:

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #23,498 of 31,833
One of you well experienced guys need to proposition Linsoul, or another connection, and ask them to disassemble them and make an accurate determination. This would benefit both the buying public and allow Linsoul to market them without misrepresentation. :thumbsup:

But it would still rely on multiple customers buying one of each version and directly A/Bing them, to know which one is the ‘better’ of the 2.

The KB Ear F1 was totally transparent and anyone could plainly see what version of the driver a particular pair used. And even then, it was a total crapshoot what version you’d get when you placed an order. I was sent one of my F1 directly from the manufacturer themselves, who assured me of what driver version I was receiving, and even then I STILL got a different version than what I was told lol.

So if the challenge existed with a totally transparent earphone, think about how difficult it will be for the average person to know what Urbanfun they’re getting.

This is not a unique issue. It’s been going on in ChiFi for a long time across many manufacturers. For example, KZ regularly changes the drivers or the tuning of models without telling anyone. It’s nothing new, as frustrating as it is.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #23,500 of 31,833
Hello all.

Complete noob and first post here. Just got introduced to the world of IEMs. I prefer a bit of bass and have got the following:

1. JVC HA-FX3X
2. Sony MH755

Although the MH755 is in the mail. Looking for some advice on what next (hopefully final IEM) to get next. I would like to stay under-$30 and was considering a KZ ZS3 or a CCA C10. I am using an iPOD 7th gen and a Samsung J7.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what to get next would be great.

TRN V90 is a steal at $20

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #23,501 of 31,833
Is it necessary to say one thing is great, and the other must be trash !?
As a urbanfun owner, i never say blon 03 is trash !

P-20191216-154258.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #23,502 of 31,833
Is it necessary to say one thing is great, and the other must be trash !?
As a urbanfun owner, i never say blon 03 is trash !

I have two Blon 03's which I gave improved cables and added a sliver of old tip barrels to each earpiece to get some extra length. They sound great. I have the Urbanfun tooooo, with stock cable and tips I like.....and they are all bloody great sounding IEMs. You are so right.
Enjoyment is what it's all about....the music.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #23,503 of 31,833
I have two Blon 03's which I gave improved cables and added a sliver of old tip barrels to each earpiece to get some extra length. They sound great. I have the Urbanfun tooooo, with stock cable and tips I like.....and they are all bloody great sounding IEMs. You are so right.
Enjoyment is what it's all about....the music.
Very true.
It's not about the signatures or those damn frequency spikes or whatever, as long as it gives your beloved songs a whole new take, it's fine by me. There's still some some things to consider but that's honestly how I measure my pairs.

KZ said:
Don't forget. The original intention is use headphones to enjoy music.

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #23,505 of 31,833
I believe he meant the V80. V90 is still over $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back