CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #22,231 of 31,833
I'm in the same boat. Tried the C12, a little too thin for my liking despite cable rolling. I've put it up for sale. Considering the V90 or the KB100. My Spring 1 didn't have enough bass but I liked the mids. Would the A6 mini be a better choice (despite being cheaper?)

the V90s are very nice by the way. Also the KB100 are also very nice. but if you want a really nice set for EDM
Or anything that needs good powerful bass that’s also relatively clean. Look at the TFZ #3 Oh my god the BASS!!!
Only problem is that they’re a little more $. I got my set for I think... 109$.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #22,232 of 31,833
i'd been planning on waiting for the e1da 9038D to come out and make my next purchase a Tin P1 or something in that tier to go along with it.

you all have been making me look up the LZ A6 mini, and now i think i want that in the meantime. I can't tell if it'll have too much bass for me though from the few reviews around. and there isn't a review that compares it to anything i've heard in terms of freq response and level of detail (my go tos rn are my TRN BA5 and Tin T2).

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #22,233 of 31,833
i'd been planning on waiting for the e1da 9038D to come out and make my next purchase a Tin P1 or something in that tier to go along with it.

you all have been making me look up the LZ A6 mini, and now i think i want that in the meantime. I can't tell if it'll have too much bass for me though from the few reviews around. and there isn't a review that compares it to anything i've heard in terms of freq response and level of detail (my go tos rn are my TRN BA5 and Tin T2).

I have BA5 and T2 but my A6 mini is on one of those ships and wont be here anytime soon. But they are very different iems, as per signature wise and driver configuration wise.
I assume that you like neutral characteristic, since you like a bass light (at least for me) iems.

Dec 30, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #22,234 of 31,833
I have BA5 and T2 but my A6 mini is on one of those ships and wont be here anytime soon. But they are very different iems, as per signature wise and driver configuration wise.
I assume that you like neutral characteristic, since you like a bass light (at least for me) iems.
yeah, i think i like neutral best, i get overwhelmed very easily by any real forwards or boosted bass. i also really like detail, but im fairly sibilance sensitive, and even the not that bad level of sibilance on both the T2 and BA5 occasionally get a bit much for me.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #22,235 of 31,833
Interested to see how you bass shy guys perceive the A6 Mini. I feel they are bass right. While they are not overly boosted they are so rounded and extended that they sound really really good even with bass heavy genres. They still rumble, but its not forward at all. Slightly above neutral is how I would describe them.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #22,236 of 31,833
yeah, i think i like neutral best, i get overwhelmed very easily by any real forwards or boosted bass. i also really like detail, but im fairly sibilance sensitive, and even the not that bad level of sibilance on both the T2 and BA5 occasionally get a bit much for me.

maybe you should try HiSenior, midcentric IEM

Interested to see how you bass shy guys perceive the A6 Mini. I feel they are bass right. While they are not overly boosted they are so rounded and extended that they sound really really good even with bass heavy genres. They still rumble, but its not forward at all. Slightly above neutral is how I would describe them.

I cant wait mine to be arrived, slightly above neutral bass quantity is my cup of tea. From the FR, A6 / mini is just nice amount for me, hopefully so.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #22,237 of 31,833

+1 for the BA5. Lovely neutral sound and even better run balanced out.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #22,238 of 31,833
Where exactly?
Hearing cable differences is agreed to be subjective.
Cable colours are the foundation of my psychoacoustic experience.
How can it be argued with?

I thought you were being silly but you were being serious. Yes we are susceptible to so many influences from reading graphs and believing them rather than experiencing the sound itself. Yes colours etc etc. Then left brain, right brain functional leaning. Then inner prejudices and all content the unconscious mind etc. So what is the antidote if we need one or can even have one. Mindfulness. The Art of Noticing. The fine tuning of our own mind to the minutest details. In the deepest mindfulness meditation one can notice the tiniest details and changes. In life some do this to degrees and some don't. In general life yes we are open to so many influences, but we can train our minds to have great clarity of noticing our inner experiences. To some it is innate, some notice through their natural OCD, to most it is mind training.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #22,240 of 31,833
maybe you should try HiSenior, midcentric IEM

I cant wait mine to be arrived, slightly above neutral bass quantity is my cup of tea. From the FR, A6 / mini is just nice amount for me, hopefully so.

Re the bass on the LZ A6 mini. Sub bass and low bass are really well defined and very present. What I would call upper bass and lower mids are slightly but noticeably recessed and sit about a couple of rows further back. This affects deeper male singers like Tony Joe White, but does ensure no bleed into the mids. Treble and highs are unique because of the Piezoelectric driver. I really love the treble style as it suits violins, guitars and many Indian instruments. Some may not like it. To me it adds excitement without shrilling peaks. Be great to hear how you hear it.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #22,241 of 31,833
Re the bass on the LZ A6 mini. Sub bass and low bass are really well defined and very present. What I would call upper bass and lower mids are slightly but noticeably recessed and sit about a couple of rows further back. This affects deeper male singers like Tony Joe White, but does ensure no bleed into the mids. Treble and highs are unique because of the Piezoelectric driver. I really love the treble style as it suits violins, guitars and many Indian instruments. Some may not like it. To me it adds excitement without shrilling peaks. Be great to hear how you hear it.

Thanks for heading up, like you said and from reviews Ive gathering, they have one of the best bass quality with great texture and one of the fastest DD decay. I certainly not worry about bass, and yes my concern will be on mids and lower mids, they sounded thin compared to few IEMs, but hopefully not too thin.
About piezo, i have spring 1, nx7 pro and **** with **** pro that use piezo also, they have detailed, bright yet smooth, thin-tizzy character, not harsh aggressive, some may like the piezo characters but some maybe not as they are not too natural, like have some more emphasize but smooth than real sounding, it does sounded nice though for me.

Ill let you know when i get my A6 mini. Cheers

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #22,242 of 31,833
Thanks for heading up, like you said and from reviews Ive gathering, they have one of the best bass quality with great texture and one of the fastest DD decay. I certainly not worry about bass, and yes my concern will be on mids and lower mids, they sounded thin compared to few IEMs, but hopefully not too thin.
About piezo, i have spring 1, nx7 pro and **** with **** pro that use piezo also, they have detailed, bright yet smooth, thin-tizzy character, not harsh aggressive, some may like the piezo characters but some maybe not as they are not too natural, like have some more emphasize but smooth than real sounding, it does sounded nice though for me.

Ill let you know when i get my A6 mini. Cheers
Anxiously awaiting your comparison of the LZ A6 mini to the NX7 Pro. I just lost out on a pair of the A6 minis; which (like you) I wanted, to compare to my NX7 Pros.

Now my replacement purchase of the JVC HA-FD01 (for the minis) is more palatable to my ever thinning wallet.

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #22,243 of 31,833
I'm going to be getting the Jade Audio EA3, Dunu DM-480, and Kinera Tyr in for review soon.

My order (for the Jade EA3) has been in purgatory (Sorting Center, in China) for the last 16 days. + 5 days that it took Jade to dispatch the order.

I've already gone from initial interest, to what the Hell, to who gives a deuce.

I've never had an order take a month (or more) before.

Dec 30, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #22,244 of 31,833
My order (for the Jade EA3) has been in purgatory (Sorting Center, in China) for the last 16 days. + 5 days that it took Jade to dispatch the order.

I've already gone from initial interest, to what the Hell, to who gives a deuce.

I've never had an order take a month (or more) before.

OOOoooooh I wanna know all about the DM-480 please!!!!

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #22,245 of 31,833
IMG-20191230-WA0002.jpeg
Oops, I did it again...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back