CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #21,511 of 31,833
Some new member/ those who never do any review also joining if. You can try your luck tho
]
I know, however I was in contact with Jade Audio over email. They aren't considering those who are New-Members. Altough I'm pretty sure that I would've received them for a review, I was in the first 10-15 (counting in only serious reviews, not the unreal ones). I'll probably buy them either way. It's too good, I mean silver cable, bigger dynamic driver, Knowles BA... case.. Hahahah what else can Jade Audio pack in at this price point.
We'll see.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #21,512 of 31,833
So I've spent the past couple days looking at all of what ChiFi has to offer and the amount of information I've taken in and comparisons I've made are making my head spin.

There are so many options around the same price range and I'm someone who has difficulty making decisions; needless to say, I'm having a tough time figuring out where to start/what to pull the trigger on.

I decided to go with the CCA C12 before seeing that the TRN BA5 are a thing. At first I was looking at the TZ ZSX but saw some people say that the C12 have less treble.

I tend to be sensitive to harsh highs so I'm trying to choose the most smooth sounding out of the BA5, C12 and ZSX. The detail and imaging they are all supposed to have appeal to me but I don't want to be getting headaches from the treble.

Any help would be appreciated :blush:

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #21,513 of 31,833
]
I know, however I was in contact with Jade Audio over email. They aren't considering those who are New-Members. Altough I'm pretty sure that I would've received them for a review, I was in the first 10-15 (counting in only serious reviews, not the unreal ones). I'll probably buy them either way. It's too good, I mean silver cable, bigger dynamic driver, Knowled BA... case.. Hahahah what else can Jade Audio pack in at this price point.
We'll see.
Yeah, they seems like a bang for buck with all of that aside from the tuning.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #21,514 of 31,833
So I've spent the past couple days looking at all of what ChiFi has to offer and the amount of information I've taken in and comparisons I've made are making my head spin.

There are so many options around the same price range and I'm someone who has difficulty making decisions; needless to say, I'm having a tough time figuring out where to start/what to pull the trigger on.

I decided to go with the CCA C12 before seeing that the TRN BA5 are a thing. At first I was looking at the TZ ZSX but saw some people say that the C12 have less treble.

I tend to be sensitive to harsh highs so I'm trying to choose the most smooth sounding out of the BA5, C12 and ZSX. The detail and imaging they are all supposed to have appeal to me but I don't want to be getting headaches from the treble.

Any help would be appreciated :blush:

did you take a look at the TRN V90 ?

I'm quite treble sensitive as well - but they're quite pleasant to me

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #21,515 of 31,833

I was in a similar situation as the OP, and would definitely consider the TRN V90. From my research and reading reviews, V90 is one of the most enjoyable to listen to. If bass is a more important element to you, the V90 seems to be one of the better options for this price range. The C12 is more bright in treble than the TRN V90, but is NOT bright. Also it has a V sound signature, however some said that it's not to the point where the mid's are recessed, although this is controversial.
All the information I wrote above is purely from research, not from real life experience, so be aware of that.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #21,516 of 31,833
Yeah, they seems like a bang for buck with all of that aside from the tuning.
Why is that? Do you think the tuning will be done worse than the current competition in this price range or?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #21,517 of 31,833

I'll have to look into those, I think I remember the V90 being mentioned in a few comparisons I looked at. Helps to have input on those from someone who doesn't do well with tons of treble, thanks!

I was in a similar situation as the OP, and would definitely consider the TRN V90. From my research and reading reviews, V90 is one of the most enjoyable to listen to. If bass is a more important element to you, the V90 seems to be one of the better options for this price range. The C12 is more bright in treble than the TRN V90, but is NOT bright...

Good to hear that the C12 isn't super bright! I definitely enjoy bass depending on what I'm listening to/what my mood is but I'm not quite a basshead if that makes sense. The more I look into all the options, the more it makes me want to say "screw it" and just order everything lol

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #21,518 of 31,833
Good to hear that the C12 isn't super bright! I definitely enjoy bass depending on what I'm listening to/what my mood is but I'm not quite a basshead if that makes sense. The more I look into all the options, the more it makes me want to say "screw it" and just order everything lol
Well, you wouldn't be the first one to do that. That is the dangerous side of this forum hahaha. Just to bring it up, since it's an interesting model. Jade Audio just released a new model EA3, priced at 40 bucks. No reviews for now, I don't want to make your choice making harder so maybe you shouldn't even consider them, but I thought I'd let you know. Just like I have been told, you truly cannot go wrong with either of them. The BL03, C12, ZSX, and V90 are all great options, each one has a subtle difference depending on what you are going for.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #21,519 of 31,833
Be careful, grumpy. I heard that in the ZSX / C12 generation, it's actually the C12 that's more aggressive. And it may even have treble that is slightly too much for some.

Apparently, the ZSX is the smooth, rounded-off KZ for that generation.

Also, I've seen the C12 go down to $30, so you probably shouldn't be paying much more than that.

Coincidentally, I just bought a BA5. I chose that over the C12 and ZSX because I already mostly have those signatures in the ZS-10 Pro and C10.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #21,522 of 31,833
nah, just saying.
I'm a little confused by this though hahaha
Why do you think the tuning won't be bang for buck?
I might be just overthinking, but I genuinely cannot understand the answer

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #21,523 of 31,833
-double posted, can't delete, this is the result-

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #21,524 of 31,833
Well, you wouldn't be the first one to do that. That is the dangerous side of this forum hahaha. Just to bring it up, since it's an interesting model. Jade Audio just released a new model EA3, priced at 40 bucks. No reviews for now, I don't want to make your choice making harder so maybe you shouldn't even consider them, but I thought I'd let you know. Just like I have been told, you truly cannot go wrong with either of them. The BL03, C12, ZSX, and V90 are all great options, each one has a subtle difference depending on what you are going for.

Let me recommend you the **** **** and ZSN pro based on hearsay. People who enjoy them seem to enjoy them.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #21,525 of 31,833
Let me recommend you the **** **** and ZSN pro based on hearsay. People who enjoy them seem to enjoy them.
Agreed, @grumpy1471 you can't go wrong with the ****, they aren't expensive, and you'll see if you like them or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back