CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #21,496 of 31,833
soundchoice said:
Blon: tips are personal and you should have a stash anyway. The cable can be any .75 mm found for nine bucks. Some want to shave off plastic from a different type but this isn’t necessary and they are overachievers of whom I’m jealous because I cannot even shave ice,

@SoundChoice Totally disagree..the 0.75mm TRN 6 Core cable with the BLON-03 is Shitz..after I swapped them with the cheaper KZ OFC 0.75mm cables the gates to audio heaven opened once again

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #21,497 of 31,833
I just publish my review of AUDIOSENSE T300 here on headfi and my No BS Review blog.

It was a little confusing because I have 2 impressions in my head: with and without damping filter. as it come with the filter I feel i have to describe stock sound. But if your not treble sensitive without damper is the way to go. Both way sound god. But level of clarity and imaging accuracy is higher without filter.

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #21,498 of 31,833
I just publish my review of AUDIOSENSE T300 here on headfi and my No BS Review blog.

It was a little confusing because I have 2 impressions in my head: with and without damping filter. as it come with the filter I feel i have to describe stock sound. But if your not treble sensitive without damper is the way to go. Both way sound god. But level of clarity and imaging accuracy is higher without filter.

What color is the 'stock' filter? Knowles has several so there may be an in between one that works.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #21,499 of 31,833
What color is the 'stock' filter? Knowles has several so there may be an in between one that works.
its white damper into a grey metal ring. It would be very nice if changing filter was more user friendly. filter do very slightly muffled overall sound IMO

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #21,500 of 31,833
Dec 8, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #21,501 of 31,833
its white damper into a grey metal ring. It would be very nice if changing filter was more user friendly. filter do very slightly muffled overall sound IMO

Yeah, not usually very friendly to change. There is a grey filter which dampens less than the white.

20190128_152454 (1).jpg

damp.jpg

There's a good tool on AliExpress to change them though. The tool from etymotic doesn't fit the metal knowles filters as I found out.

20190329_143523.jpg
20190329_143401.jpg

Pictured next to a 1/16" drill bit, which I used to use the solid end for my removal tool.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #21,502 of 31,833
I am genuinely wondering, what are Head-Fier's favorite picks in terms of IEM's?
If you had to keep one IEM which one would it be and why?

I noticed everybody has a different taste, so it's always nice to read that one might prefer a particular model, whereas another might dislike the same one. Some people prefer a particular brand over other, and so on. So the question just came up to me, if somebody could keep a single IEM, which one would it be and maybe why would that one be their choice.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #21,503 of 31,833
I am genuinely wondering, what are Head-Fier's favorite picks in terms of IEM's?

I noticed everybody has a different taste, so it's always nice to read that one might prefer a particular model, whereas another might dislike the same one. Some people prefer a particular brand over other, and so on. So the question just came up to me, if somebody could keep a single IEM, which one would it be and maybe why would that one be their choice.

With the rise of CHIFI the past 2 years, we can get quite good sound nowadays for cheap, so most of us on headfi have multiple CHIFI IEMs, some even have duplicates or triplicates of the same IEM.

Though personally, if I have to keep only one IEM, it would be the Audiosense T800 for me. It has the best isolation and details/clarity of the CHIFI I own, and is quite good for most genres. I use it for commuting, stage monitoring and music listening.

If it had to be a sub $100 IEM (as per this thread) keeper set, I would go for the Toneking Ninetails. Since it has front/rear tuning filters, there are 9 potential sound signature configurations (from V shaped to basshead to neutralish tuning). So it's many IEMs in one IEM, it can be tuned to whatever mood/music genre preferences you want.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #21,504 of 31,833

If my budget is only $50, I would gladly take my TFZ T2 with me. They sound 2x than their price IMO. Fairly balanced sounding with enough powerful bass & detail that will not cause fatigue to your ear.

But if I had more budget, I would gladly choose my No.3, which Imo, a natural upgrade from the TFZ T2 if you are more into bass. But didn't set a side better technicalities from the T2 Gal. No. 3 also have good isolation & fit too if it was paired with the spiral dots + no driver flex issue that I had with T2.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #21,505 of 31,833
My jadeaudio EA3 was shipped with the 4px from china to singpost. I guess it will take forever to arrive now because it haven't leave china at all.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #21,506 of 31,833
Just like you said, the CHIFI has been growing so rapidly, from low budget, all the way to high budget and high-end models. The options are endless, and there is always something for everybody, for everybody's taste.

Nice to hear both of your choices :)

My jadeaudio EA3 was shipped with the 4px from china to singpost. I guess it will take forever to arrive now because it haven't leave china at all.
Oh damn. I was looking forward to a review. It's quite an interesting option, I myself am ready to buy it, it appeals more to me than the V90, but I could be completely wrong. Nobody knows how these sound, we know the attractive frequency chart which was released by Jade Audio themselves, but besides that.. not much.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #21,507 of 31,833
I am bummed not to be able to participate to review the EA3, just because I am a new member here :/
I doubt the tag will disappear by the 13th December.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #21,508 of 31,833
Just like you said, the CHIFI has been growing so rapidly, from low budget, all the way to high budget and high-end models. The options are endless, and there is always something for everybody, for everybody's taste.

Nice to hear both of your choices :)

Oh damn. I was looking forward to a review. It's quite an interesting option, I myself am ready to buy it, it appeals more to me than the V90, but I could be completely wrong. Nobody knows how these sound, we know the attractive frequency chart which was released by Jade Audio themselves, but besides that.. not much.
Yeah, if they ship fast enough, I'm still going to get my hand on them next year probably :p

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #21,509 of 31,833
I am bummed not to be able to participate to review the EA3, just because I am a new member here :/
I doubt the tag will disappear by the 13th December.
Some new member/ those who never even do any review also joining it. You can try your luck tho

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #21,510 of 31,833
On the way: BQEYZ BQ3, Smabat ST-10. Don't know if I will receive them before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back