CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 20, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #20,341 of 31,845
This guy compares the Bonus IE to the BLONs.
I have them both and I don't think the Bonus IE is in any way competitive with the BL-03. BIE has a bloated bass and is generally unrefined in comparison.
Edit: Discussion of BIE in video is toward the end.

I compared the Blon to the VE bonus IE as it is only a £3 price gap but I agree the Blon is much better.

Thanks for your impressions. I didn't get the VE bonus IE after finding out it didn't have detachable cables but your impressions reinforced not to get them (based on sound).

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #20,342 of 31,845
I didn't get the VE bonus IE after finding out it didn't have detachable cables but your impressions reinforced not to get them (based on sound).
I got the VE because of the hype but if they aren't good the brand gets a bad mark because they hype them too much.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #20,343 of 31,845
I've heard that there are some banned Chi-fi stores here on head fi

when buying on AliExpress, which stores should I purchase from/steer clear of?

This has to do with some events that occurred here on head fi a long time ago. The people involved may or may not still be with the company involved. It has nothing to do with quality of product, speed of shipping, customer support etc.

I usually just buy from whatever store has the item that I want at a competitive price and has a good rating... usually at least 98%.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #20,344 of 31,845
I got the VE because of the hype but if they aren't good the brand gets a bad mark because they hype them too much.

I agree the VE Bonus are not in the same league as the Blon 03. They have clarity but are not that exciting and the bass is nothing to write home about. The Blon 03 has some magic.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #20,345 of 31,845
I agree the VE Bonus are not in the same league as the Blon 03. They have clarity but are not that exciting and the bass is nothing to write home about. The Blon 03 has some magic.
I think that's the last VE product I buy then.

Can people compare the Blon 03 to some BQEYZ's? Now that's a magical iem brand!

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #20,346 of 31,845
I think that's the last VE product I buy then.

Can people compare the Blon 03 to some BQEYZ's? Now that's a magical iem brand!

So strangely enough I have the BQEYZ KB100. The BQEYZ KB100 is an exceptional IEM. Great bass with no bleed. Not a lot more expensive than the Blon 03 so they are fit to compare. I think the Blon 03 is ultra special and probably has some magic that the KB100 doesn't have, but I doubt if many would dislike the KB100.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #20,347 of 31,845
So strangely enough I have the BQEYZ KB100. The BQEYZ KB100 is an exceptional IEM. Great bass with no bleed. Not a lot more expensive than the Blon 03 so they are fit to compare.
There is a $28 difference between the BQEYZ KB100 and Blon 03 in my currency. That's a bit short of almost being double the price.

With that being said, if a Chifi company wants to compete it needs to beat or match a BQEYZ.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #20,348 of 31,845
There is a $28 difference between the BQEYZ KB100 and Blon 03 in my currency. That's a bit short of almost being double the price.

With that being said, if a Chifi company wants to compete it needs to beat or match a BQEYZ.

So the Blon 03 is better value and a better IEM.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #20,349 of 31,845
suggestions for the best wood shelled IEMs?
I have the Meze Classic 12 coming but I not have found many reviews on any really good wood shelled earbud/IEMs

Most of them are bass boosted like the DZAT cylindrical designs

Of course there's the over $1000 high end options which I am not interested in

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #20,351 of 31,845
Hello everybody,
My NiceHCK DB3 review is up !
Hope you'll enjoy it :)
Cheers'

DB3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #20,352 of 31,845
Faaeal has a new IEM called the Hibiscus. It has a DLC driver. The cable looks nice too. I know they’re a lesser known brand, but they have made a couple of good things in the past.

I was interested in buying a DLC diaphragm IEM, and this one looks good in theory, but I see the company has been mostly specialized in cheapo earbuds, where it seems they do a good job. I can't find information about the other IEMs in their lineup, so it seems they got not only hype (obvious), but even enough attention. Also, the Datura X earbud got very bad reviews (audiobuget and soundphilereview), so it appears they are not consistently good in tuning as people in BQEYZ are. Very cheap for DLC driver, but looks too risky for being a guinea pig, even more there's a chance of getting Spring 1 in 11.11 for a price not much higher than the upper limit of this thread.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #20,353 of 31,845
suggestions for the best wood shelled IEMs?
I have the Meze Classic 12 coming but I not have found many reviews on any really good wood shelled earbud/IEMs

Most of them are bass boosted like the DZAT cylindrical designs

Of course there's the over $1000 high end options which I am not interested in

Shozy Zero can be a good candidate. It's got a good midrange and bass but the treble is lacking.

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #20,354 of 31,845
Nature Sounds NS3?

yup
ordered that IEM from Ali
aside from the Meze Classic it seems to be the best affordable wood IEM I have seen reviewed

I also ordered the Magaosi wood IEM with MMCX connectors as well
most of the others except the NZ03 don't have removable cables which apparantly is the Meze's weak spot

I have the another Shozy and wasn't too impressed
The bamboo DZAT and Zero Carbone have a similar design that I also tried and I have a Final Audio 1000

As an amateur woodworker t would be interesting to see someone experiment with a 3D cutter with various wood shells like what Taylor does with guitars do to see the impact to the sound, cedar, spruce, koa, ebony, sapele, walnut etc etc

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #20,355 of 31,845
Usually you will see a lot of wooden headphones but I guess for IEMs it's only JVC that constantly make high-end wood-based earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back