CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 5, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #19,171 of 31,833
Can anyone link me a recable tutorial for mh755 that doesn't uses mmcx, just plain simple recable? Is it possible?

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #19,172 of 31,833
Lol seriously. I'm lucky

What is your seller?
Its official store lol.

KBear.

but it take over a month to receive them, so perhaps they have time to change BA multiple time untile I got the F1.

so, what about you, you got a Big or Small BA??

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #19,173 of 31,833
Hey, let me ask you

How did you modded yout t180?

I would not really call it a mod, but I have inserted foam into the t180 nozzles to reduce 3KHz peak, because it does not come with damper knowles.

67721079_369978920368191_5935767883949801472_n.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #19,175 of 31,833
I'm trying to make one, but my English is very bad, I may make publication or some video

I would appreciate that

In the meanwhile i will try to figure it out how to do the mmcx one.
Just ordered two sonys, one to mod, other to use when my mod fails LOL

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #19,176 of 31,833
I would not really call it a mod, but I have inserted foam into the t180 nozzles to reduce 3KHz peak, because it does not come with damper knowles.
yeah, this is why i wait for prper impressions, they are suppose to have dampers like all T serie. and well....like this:

HTB1jd2BXAWE3KVjSZSyq6xocXXa4.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #19,177 of 31,833
There are tons of decent cheap cables on AE, just search for: 'DIY cable' or get an extension cable and cut one side off etc ...
A shop I can recommend is the 'RY Earphone Store'; they also have some nice and cheap connectors (MMCX etc...) for your DIY needs.

Happy shopping ...

I am between B and A connector, for the ones that have made the MOD, any idea on wich one would be the easiest to deal?

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #19,178 of 31,833

67721079_369978920368191_5935767883949801472_n.jpg
What type of foam are you using here?

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #19,180 of 31,833
For the MH755 recable, just follow the mmcx one published, but instead of drilling holes...
1) The first couple of steps, use a razor blade inserted between the halves of the shell and just twist/turn it a little to separate one side, then repeat on the other side and it should pop right open.
2) Make note of wires attached to terminals and keep it the same on both sides. Unsolder.
3) Slide/push the wire to give you slack to extract the strain relief.
4) extract the strain relief from the inside side of the shell
5) untie the knot in the stock wire and pull it out of the strain relief and the back half of the shell.
6) run the new wire through the back half of the shell (assuming you bought a DIY repair cable already pre-stripped and solder tinned).
7) feed the wire through the strain relief
8) tie a knot with the wire on the inside part of the strain relief so that you have just enough wire to solder to the terminals
9) slide the back half of the housing up into the strain relief
10) solder the wires
11) line up the back half of the shell vent hole with the front half of the shell vent hole and squeeze together.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #19,181 of 31,833
Just wanted to post my quick impressions of my recently received haul, though I've played around with em for only a week.
My haul : KZ ZS10 Pro, T2, QT5, Yinwoo cable, TRN cable, some foam tips, and a Rock Zircon for my nephew.

First off, the Zircon, the first ever chifi iem that I tried many moons ago. Loved them a lot when I first got em, but now... they sound so muffled compared to newer/better IEMS out now. Lower Bass was still amazingly thumping as ever for such a cheap iem though.
Now, the QT5, which I've read really good reviews for, looks really cool. It really is the IEM to gift your SteamPunk loving friend. Love the looks and build. Personally I was a lil disappointed with em. I seem to get some of distortion, especially in the lower end, and the overall sound wasn't clear as some have mentioned. Foam tips didn't help. Might have to try some more different configurations.
The T2s..... just wow. I get why it's so often mentioned here. Very clear, good soundstage, and very true sounding, right outa the box. Not a bass head iem, but still had enough to match the excellent mids and highs. At this price point, I'm very happy.
The KZ ZS10 Pros. These are very fun IEMS imo. Yes, it's V-shaped, but the bass doesn't bother me as other V-shaped iems I previously tried, though I still lower em in my EQ just a pinch. Mid bass more pronounced (and pretty tight) than low bass imo. The mids were clear enough, and I haven't experienced much treble screech fatigue as I've read elsewhere. IMO a a very fun IEM for R&R or Hop-Hop fans & as well as bass lovers who don't want that headache inducing bass overkill sound.
Right now the ZS10 Pro is my daily commute IEM. Wakes me up in the morning and it's a fun way to express the jubilation of my ass finally walking out the office building everyday. The T2s I've been using when I get more settled down to more "serious" music listening, or just chilling with some chilling music (a lot of jazz, classical, folk, acoustic) while I read a book etc. or before going to sleep.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #19,182 of 31,833
**** now $27+ . What's happened ? New upgraded model ?

EDIT :

I should have kept my mouth shut :)

EDIT2:

Actually price of many IEMs/DACs gone up.
e.g. I bought EINSEAR T2 for a cuz few days back for USD 9.60, now it's USD 12.80
Lusya SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB portable DAC which I was eyeing was USD 22, now USD 29.13.

According to AK Audio Store :
- it's the same model (not a upgraded model)

According to AK Audio & (Edit - ) MissAudio :
- the price has increased.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #19,183 of 31,833
According to AK Audio Store :
- it's the same model (not a upgraded model)

According to AK Audio & LuckLZ :
- the price has increased.

Lol they finally realized the **** was worth more than what they sold it for. Sad for us consumers but i suspect during AE sales it will drop back down to around $18ish usd.

If they now sell it at that 27 usd price bracket, there's much more competition against other decent CHIFI products though.

Aug 6, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #19,185 of 31,833
Lol they finally realized the **** was worth more than what they sold it for. Sad for us consumers but i suspect during AE sales it will drop back down to around $18ish usd.

If they now sell it at that 27 usd price bracket, there's much more competition against other decent CHIFI products though.
The **** was the worst iem I ever bought. I bought a pair of **** PT15 earbuds in the past as well. Also no good. When I say no good I mean to their current competition. People are wasting their money and enjoying it. They're gambling with audio gear. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back