CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 28, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #18,962 of 31,833
So tempted to buy ZS10 Pro and NX7, but so afraid after ZSN with same crappy connectors
20190728_121025-01.jpeg

Attachments

• 20190728_121025-01.jpeg
    20190728_121025-01.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #18,964 of 31,833
hi guys, do you now anything about this one
Revonext NEX602? I was looking for information or reviews and I couldn't find anything.

They're just out... my finger is on and off the Add To Basket button on Amazon lol. 100 bucks ain't cheap... I've a feeling they'll either really surprise me and sound great or sound average and over priced. BIG step up from their budget friendly range... the QT5 offering superb value for money. I'd expect a big leap in sound.

I've an 1h 45m left to buy to get tomo.

What to do?!?!

EDIT : Bugger it, good bit cheaper from Alie but i'm too impatient so bought thru Am UK. They come tomorrow, time will tell if they've upped their game further! They look awesome, interested if the vents are just for aesthetics?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #18,965 of 31,833
it appears to be very good BLON BL-03 is 90% with some eq settings like moondrop kxxs according some user from aliexpress .. he says its tuned by the same guys of tanchjim oxygen ... i think its a iem to watch out for...

WOW, that's some comparison... are they that good? As per usual i'm late to the party on these lol. Not by any means a good looking earphone though... but I've got plenty other ugly ducklings that sound good.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #18,966 of 31,833
This is my first post on here in months. Fell away from the hobby for a few months but got suckered in by the BLON and the Semkarch CNT 1. A carbon nanotube double!

Anyway they've both ignited the touchpaper again for me.

Don't want to say much until I've had then a bit longer but agree with neutral to bright description for the BLON.

This is after changing the tips to wide bore foams as it was nigh on impossible for me to get a seal with the stock tips due to the design.

Just got the Semkarch today and REALLY like them on m first listen too.

which one do you like more, becouse they both have the same driver, im very interested if you can giveme a feedback. Thanks

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #18,967 of 31,833
which one do you like more, becouse they both have the same driver, im very interested if you can giveme a feedback. Thanks

Who said that they use the same drivers?

That's a serious statement.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #18,968 of 31,833
I'm of the impression that IEMs with piezo drivers generally need a fair amount of amping to truly shine for the treble. Is the NX7 drivable from a phone? Or it needs amping?
My Hyla TE5B with a piezoelectric were driven fine by iPhone 6 SE (half volume). They are driven at least as well by the FiiO Q5 (half volume, low gain); however, a good piezoelectric can shine without much help - and I make no claim that the Q5 makes the piezoelectric / treble sound better as I would quite probably fail a DBT.

In the NX7 case, I’d imagine it’s the 2 “nano tube” DDs driving up the resistance - not the piezoelectric.

I think pretty much all mainstream IEMs are drivable by phones and other ‘lower power’ AMPs - even if NiceHCK may claim otherwise. YMMV per listening levels.

(NX7 is rated at 55ohms and 108dB sensitivity, which is not that ‘challenging’; TE5B is 12ohms and 97dB.)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #18,969 of 31,833
My Hyla TE5B with a piezoelectric were driven fine by iPhone 6 SE (half volume). They are driven at least as well by the FiiO Q5 (half volume, low gain); however, a good piezoelectric can shine without much help - and I make no claim that the Q5 makes the piezoelectric / treble sound better and I would quite probably fail a DBT.

In the NX7 case, I’d imagine it’s the 2 “nano tube” DDs driving up the resistance - not the piezoelectric.

I think pretty much all mainstream IEMs are drivable by phones and other ‘lower power’ AMPs - even if NiceHCK may claim otherwise. YMMV per listening levels.

(NX7 is rated at 55ohms and 108dB sensitivity, which is not that ‘challenging’; TE5B is 12ohms and 97dB.)

Great advise.
I always used to look at sensitivity and resistance when deciding if an amp was needed, but I realized for the ****, which has piezo drivers for the treble, it took more juice to make the treble sound good. I had to boost my volume to almost 70% on a samsung smart phone (without Amping), compared to like 30 - 40% for other BA driver IEMs. (I'm no physics expert, but **** specifications are apparently 32Ω with a sensitivity of 110dB/mw, so I was wondering why there was a discrepancy between the specs and drivability and attributed it to the piezo drivers).

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #18,970 of 31,833
which one do you like more, becouse they both have the same driver, im very interested if you can givema feedback. Thanks

Semkarch for me as you get 2 tuning filters and case. They are also more resolving and have a heftier low end which I prefer. Add to that the fit issues of the BLON which are practically non existent with the Semkarch and it's a clear win IMO.

Keep in mind that they also retailed at a much higher price initially. I know that doesn't automatically denote a better quality product, but it "usually" does.

I would snap up a pair before they're all gone because at £25 / $30 they are an absolute steal!

Who said that they use the same drivers?

That's a serious statement.

I would like to know this too.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #18,971 of 31,833
So tempted to buy ZS10 Pro and NX7, but so afraid after ZSN with same crappy connectors

All three pairs of my KZ IEMs have broken down with 3 months of being taken in to use, one pair broke within a week. All from the cable connection point at the point of the IEM (not the cable).

I will never buy another KZ IEM until they make them sturdy and reliable (as a comparison, my Westones lasted 3 years until lost and my Shure SE series only broke after I repeatedly stepped on them by accident).

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #18,972 of 31,833
All three pairs of my KZ IEMs have broken down with 3 months of being taken in to use, one pair broke within a week. All from the cable connection point at the point of the IEM (not the cable).

I will never buy another KZ IEM until they make them sturdy and reliable (as a comparison, my Westones lasted 3 years until lost and my Shure SE series only broke after I repeatedly stepped on them by accident).

Haha I had the opposite experience for myself personally.

My 2 Westone products I bought (Westone 3 and Westone W30) both had problems with the cable within 1 year of purchase. And I was quite peeved cause the Westone 3 cable was non detachable and hence there was no sound from one earpiece, while at least the W30 had a possibility to use another cable as it was detachable. It seemed the cable part that connected into the IEM was frayed for both. I only used them once a week for stage monitoring and otherwise kept them in a pelican case, so I'm not sure how come they had such wear and tear within a short period of time. But yeah the IEM shells and drivers themselves were fine, so it was more of a cable problem.

On the other hand I used my KZ ZS6 and ZS10 (non pro) daily for 2 and 1.5 years (respectively) and they were still going strong until I gave them away to some relatives last week.

Maybe i had good luck with getting a pair that had no QC issues. But it is very possible some of the budget CHIFI companies may not have consistent QC across their products, as evident from some of the feedback in the forums. Stuff like channel imbalance, phase issues, fake wirings in cables etc, so getting a lemon is always a possibility, and it really may be down to good or bad luck.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #18,973 of 31,833
Great advise.
I always used to look at sensitivity and resistance when deciding if an amp was needed, but I realized for the ****, which has piezo drivers for the treble, it took more juice to make the treble sound good. I had to boost my volume to almost 70% on a samsung smart phone (without Amping), compared to like 30 - 40% for other BA driver IEMs. (I'm no physics expert, but **** specifications are apparently 32Ω with a sensitivity of 110dB/mw, so I was wondering why there was a discrepancy between the specs and drivability and attributed it to the piezo drivers).
I wish it was possible for me! Yesterday I discovered the cause of my dissatisfaction with ****. I don't have a calibrated mic, but I can still see where the error is when I compare it to T2. The peak around 4 kHz does not allow me to add more juice and causing a strange fake soundstage :frowning2: FR graph is the same for left and right, so it looks like some bad batch of used DD and poor QC. And yes, if I adjust the peak with EQ, I need to add volume, but I'm still not much happy with the sound.
https://i.postimg.cc/PvQG5N9p/****-vs-T2.png

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #18,975 of 31,833
wow how did that happen?
Few months of usage. Thats all it took.

The only problems i had was my 2 pairs of ZS10. Both had dynamic driver death in right ear after few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back