CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #18,676 of 31,833
Got em. They are my number ones. At $100 they were comparable to IT01. They actually did most things better then IT01(stage, separation, imaging). At $65 sale price(what I bought em at) they were top tier at that price for the sound. At $35 clearance price they are a no brainer for people that like commercial sound. They basically have SONY commercial sound all the way through. Bass isn't the fastest and bleeds a bit, but is easily contained via EQ, but honestly it never bothers me for the music that I listen to and is actually good for most of my music.

Anyway I love them for summertime use. I work outside in the 95-100 heat with 60-70% humidity so I need single dynamic. These things are the 2nd most comfortable over ears IEM I have tried. They completly dissappear and their profile fit completly inside my ear so I can wear a full face helmet over them.

Wanted to also say that they come with Sony hybrid tips which are narrow bore tips. That enhances the bass and smothers the treble. My opinion is that wide bores are the way to go. I use JVC spiral dots and black filter. Even things out a bit for me personally.

Graphs using all the different LZ filters. https://ameblo.jp/nyanpire-chu/entry-12375038833.html

Also yes Carbon nanotube driver is indestructible. These can handle +20db boost and quite a bit of my 800mw amp before distortion. :)

Wow, thanks for your detailed reply, extremely helpful! :)

Im liking that graph as well, do they beat the kz offerings like the zs7 or zs10pro in terms of soundstage, imaging and naturalness at this price according to you?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #18,677 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #18,678 of 31,833
Wow, thanks for your detailed reply, extremely helpful! :)

Im liking that graph as well, do they beat the kz offerings like the zs7 or zs10pro in terms of soundstage, imaging and naturalness at this price according to you?
Sucks but against all odds, I resisted the urge to buy zs7 or zs10pro, so I have no idea about their staging ect. It is pretty wide though and has good depth. Their is nice space in between everything and they are natural sounding. Bass quality is its forte. Not fast. Not slow. Just dynamic. Sub bass and mid bass are equals and impact and slam are good without being overwhelming. Mids are lush to me. Very Sony-ish to me. A bit thick(warm) but very natural and has a smoothness that is close to CCA C10 mids, at least on the same ballpark to me. Treble is soft and a bit dark. Good for long loud sessions. Thing EQs great as most dynamics generally do.

All in all fans of modern music that need a super comfortable iem probably and like a generally warm, bassy, smooth commercial sound, will like these.

Also $35 now? Wuuuuuut?

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #18,679 of 31,833
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #18,680 of 31,833
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #18,681 of 31,833
Surprised the Crescent and AKG Samsung that come with their phones is not on this list, they sound better than many IEMs I've tried from this list. BTW, how is decided what stays and what goes on this list?
Bro....thisrelation with the list is like with a couple: complicate.
Thank you for your suggestion....was thinking I already put the Crescent. And since its not just chifi here I should surely put these AKG samsung. And lot of other stuffs. I will update this list this summer for sure....

About what stay what goes, well firstly when something isnt for sale anymore I need to erase it, as well, sometime a hype die and we see true face of a mediocre iem (ZS10 is an example among other)....but i follow opinion of others, like even if I dont love V80 its in the list cause democracy decide its great value in a whole. First aspect is really about sound value, construction is second, but if a iem have multiple quality issue or its plain crap construction i will avoid putting it in the list too. As well, as I don't personally heard all iem in the list, i need to read numerous reviews or headfiers impressions. It can't be put on the list if only me or less than 10 average dude praise it. Yep, this list make me paranoid. Scare the sh!t out of me.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #18,682 of 31,833
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #18,683 of 31,833
Wow, seeing the graph confirms what I am hearing. Main complain I've read is that they lack bass, I don't know what those people are listening to cause these hit good and sub-bass is very present, more than No 3 for example, voices feel a tad warmer too. They don't have the same resolution and clarity but the spacious sound and decent soundstage make up for it. For under $10 I haven't heard something better, hell I even prefer them over some of my multi hundred $ IEMs, comfortable, pleasant signature and cheap .

Last pair I've bought was from seller webbuysource on eBay and they were originals. I would try to find some open pack from the Samsung bundle or something like that if not. I also had a fake and I's very obvious from the sound, very muddy. compared to my other 3 gen buds I have. Visually it looked almost identical, the only difference I could tell was the finish on the wire controller, on the original is pretty crisp and the pimple well defined, on the fake the molding is a little more rounded around the edges and the pimple is not as pronounced. Seems like the fake now has rubbery earpiece and correct jack so I don't think the guide from the Samsung site longer applies.
I got the 3 sets of AKG Samsung Galaxy 8 series iems in.

20190710_201539.jpg 20190710_201553.jpg 20190710_201608.jpg 20190710_201630.jpg

They are genuine as they measure pretty similar. I remeasured my old set that falling apart against one of these new sets, and to my surprise, the response differs. My old set is warmer with greater bass, particularly the subs. So, the new set sounds brighter.

Here is the graph comparison

AKG Samsung.jpg

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #18,684 of 31,833
Sucks but against all odds, I resisted the urge to buy zs7 or zs10pro, so I have no idea about their staging ect. It is pretty wide though and has good depth. Their is nice space in between everything and they are natural sounding. Bass quality is its forte. Not fast. Not slow. Just dynamic. Sub bass and mid bass are equals and impact and slam are good without being overwhelming. Mids are lush to me. Very Sony-ish to me. A bit thick(warm) but very natural and has a smoothness that is close to CCA C10 mids, at least on the same ballpark to me. Treble is soft and a bit dark. Good for long loud sessions. Thing EQs great as most dynamics generally do.

All in all fans of modern music that need a super comfortable iem probably and like a generally warm, bassy, smooth commercial sound, will like these.

Also $35 now? Wuuuuuut?

Ikr that price dropped pretty hard. That's why i was so skeptical. But after hearing from you, this will be on my buy list with the audiosense t180.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #18,685 of 31,833
Ikr that price dropped pretty hard. That's why i was so skeptical. But after hearing from you, this will be on my buy list with the audiosense t180.

No need to be skeptical; that price drop happens on all KZs. That’s why I always wait a while before getting a new model.

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #18,686 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #18,687 of 31,833
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #18,688 of 31,833
Yea I don't think the iem sold well, despite generally good reviews. Semkarch is a stupid name though. Its a word scramble type of thing like BQEYZ. Don't know if that played in to it not selling well. Seems like LZ should have just given it an LZ designation and it would have sold like hotcakes. Weird Chinese bidness stuff.

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #18,690 of 31,833
Aren't they supposed to come along with a short wire. Also the price is so low for that. I'm a bit hesitant.

Edit: the wire just looked longer in the pic, but still any way you confirm that those are the real deal?

If the photos are correct, they are original. you just have to avoid buying black mh755, they are mostly fake. for 3-5 $ worth very much imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back