CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #17,236 of 31,887
Wow did a quick google and those look pretty stunning! I haven't kept up with the chifi offering last months. Any chance on a nice close-up picture?

QT5 on the left ... you can click to enlarge. Monoprice MP80 in the middle. Faaeal Crescent on the right.

10260713.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #17,238 of 31,887
Picked up my Monoprice MP80 from the post office today and currently on the train to uni with them in my ears. Of course, a quieter environment would be better for analyzing their sound and so I will post more impressions about them in the future. For now, though, these are pretty comfy to wear with the TRN 8-core cable and have got to be the one of the least (if not THE least) sibilant IEMs (with the pre-installed filters - I think silver) out of everything I have that is still working, which is a breath of fresh air after listening to the ED16 and ZSN for so long lol. Vocals sound a liiiiiiitle bit recessed but I'd rather have that than harsh vocals, I think. Sub-bass seems to be a little bit lacking but since I don't often listen to bass heavy music it isn't too much of a deal. Will try tip rolling, exchanging filters once I get off my train lol.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #17,239 of 31,887
Hey have you guys played around with different cables much on the ****?

MMCX Replacement Cable, HiFiHear 16 Core Audio Upgrade Cable sliver Plated Copper Detachable Earphone Cable with 3.5mm Connector for Shure 846 535 215 315 425 MAGAOSI K5 LZA4 A5 (MMCX 3.5mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PYSMY3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YP5PCbS9KAACP

This just arrived today, I got it for incoming M6’s and anything else it fits like the ****. Sounds great....just a short listen so far but things sound even more cohesive......these 6’s are pulling me into the piezoelectric abyss!!! Ahhhhh.....ordered another set for $20 today as backup. I’m set- I Hope - for awhile but
I know we’ll see new stuff now....like the Revised KZ AS10.....whats the skinny with it? I read the description and now have lost the link for it ..oops.
If anybody gets info let us know....I don’t have them, I went for BA10’s instead. Enjoy the weekend folks!

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #17,240 of 31,887

MMCX Replacement Cable, HiFiHear 16 Core Audio Upgrade Cable sliver Plated Copper Detachable Earphone Cable with 3.5mm Connector for Shure 846 535 215 315 425 MAGAOSI K5 LZA4 A5 (MMCX 3.5mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PYSMY3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YP5PCbS9KAACP

This just arrived today, I got it for incoming M6’s and anything else it fits like the ****. Sounds great....just a short listen so far but things sound even more cohesive......these 6’s are pulling me into the piezoelectric abyss!!! Ahhhhh.....ordered another set for $20 today as backup. I’m set- I Hope - for awhile but
I know we’ll see new stuff now....like the Revised KZ AS10.....whats the skinny with it? I read the description and now have lost the link for it ..oops.
If anybody gets info let us know....I don’t have them, I went for BA10’s instead. Enjoy the weekend folks!

If you’re referring to the black AS10, black was one of the original colors. Nothing new or special about it.

The difference is the images - one is a computer generated rendering, and the other is the actual item.

The actual plastic cover is smoked plastic. But in the renderings it showed it as clear plastic.

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #17,242 of 31,887

i am into the piezoelectric abyss too :floatsmile::beerchug:
damn that thing sounds good

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #17,243 of 31,887
MP80 in da house!

I have had the MP80 since March 19th when I took that photo. I think the Faaeal Crescent also arrived that day.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #17,244 of 31,887
Getting sound like I’m hearing with these DT 6s and this cable (the cable costing twice as much as the iem, oh well) gives me exactly no motivation to save up hundreds maybe thousands and plunk it down for an iem thats sounds marginally better because of name brand internals. I may be crazy but doesn’t it bother anybody else that we have been so heavily sold on the idea that more money, way more money in most cases makes for better sound.
Why would I move on to higher price bracket when its so much more fun and easier to afford hanging with this neat innovative segment of the market.
This is fun for me....everyday a new package is due is like Christmas when I was slightly younger.

Sorry for rambling.....

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #17,245 of 31,887
I have had the MP80 since March 19th when I took that photo. I think the Faaeal Crescent also arrived that day.

I know, I was just excited to see it in your photo lineup :wink:

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #17,246 of 31,887
Wow did a quick google and those look pretty stunning! I haven't kept up with the chifi offering last months. Any chance on a nice close-up picture?
Am I the only one who finds QT5 looking friggin uggggly? Like a very cheap women accessory item imitating I don`t know even what. Makes me puke :frowning:
Sorry, I know it`s subjective but just had to say it out loud.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #17,247 of 31,887

Yes, I have used a similar replacement cable for my ****, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FYXPCWP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title
Glad you are enjoying them, yes, piezo treble is something special!

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #17,250 of 31,887
Am I the only one who finds QT5 looking friggin uggggly? Like a very cheap women accessory item imitating I don`t know even what. Makes me puke :frowning:
Sorry, I know it`s subjective but just had to say it out loud.

I thought that at first until I saw it in person.

Someone said it was a steam punk look. I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back