Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!
Nov 23, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #17 of 107
No offense whatsoever, but I think the price of the Hifiman HE-500 at page 43 should be updated from $899 to $699, as $200 is quite a lot of difference. If you look at the Ads page of Hifiman near the end, you will see the recent discounted price of $699. I do not own any Hifiman headphones, but I think to be fair the prices listed should reflect the most recent prices, especially for the high end headphones.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 107
It's a great idea and very well executed.  Except that joker's comment on the LCD-2.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 107

Quote:
No offense whatsoever, but I think the price of the Hifiman HE-500 at page 43 should be updated from $899 to $699, as $200 is quite a lot of difference. If you look at the Ads page of Hifiman near the end, you will see the recent discounted price of $699. I do not own any Hifiman headphones, but I think to be fair the prices listed should reflect the most recent prices, especially for the high end headphones.

We tried very hard to catch everything before we posted--several drafts. Of course, after we posted it, all sorts of things popped up that we realized we had to change. You are right, the current price is $699, so we will fix that. (Thanks for pointing that out.)

Quote:
It's a great idea and very well executed.  Except that joker's comment on the LCD-2.

Maybe it was you and you just don't remember. 
wink.gif

Again, thank you. We'll fix that, too.

I've found several things that need fixing / adjustment / editing, but we won't be able to do that until next week, because of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 107
Thats a really nice guide for all of us. Head-fi, don't make me spend more money! 

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 107
Very nicely done. Thank you

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #22 of 107
Very nice. Having put together a few somewhat similar documents, I imagine it took a fair bit of work to get the whole thing together.

Now I have to resist the urge to buy one of those Sennheiser wireless headphones; the cable of my Beyers barely reaches to the desk where I do my physical paper writing or drawing, and it's a bit annoying to feel the tension of the cable every time I turn my head.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #23 of 107
Enjoyed reading your guide Jude. Will have to print it out for the famalan. I have enough socks already lol. Well done =)

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 107

Quote:
Maybe it was you and you just don't remember. 
wink.gif

Again, thank you. We'll fix that, too.

I've found several things that need fixing / adjustment / editing, but we won't be able to do that until next week, because of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

It gives me warm fuzzies knowing that my opinion was put in the catalog.  Makes me feel special.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #26 of 107

Quote:

Okay, Dustin, my brain is fried from working on this gift guide.

This is exactly what you said:  "...Except that joker's comment on the LCD-2."

But this is how my brain initially interpreted it, when I first read it:  "...Except that's ljokerl's comment on the LCD-2."

In other words, I thought you were telling me I put the wrong name on the quote. So I went to the quote list we put together (on a spreadsheet), clicked on the link, and verified it was properly attributed.

So then I just re-read your comment, and realized I read it wrong. You were being self-deprecating. LOL.

Yeah, I need sleep.

Okay, good, then I don't need to fix that one in the gift guide update next week.

(Sorry if I caused any confusion. And thanks for the permission to use your quote.)

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #28 of 107
Lacks Taylor Swift and pretzel recommendations, so I must deem it a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back