Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!
Nov 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #76 of 107
The guide looks fantastic. I really appreciated the broad spectrum of products. And I now have a couple of gift ideas for family members after reading it.

Now if I can just resist buying something for my own Head-fi addiction until after the holidays 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #78 of 107
I'm having no luck opening the PDF my reader opens a box say I have no access to a file 20202020 or something like that. Is anyone else getting that or having trouble seeing it? Could the person re-post it in a new PDF or maybe break it up into smaller parts. I have know idea whats happening I'm just guessing. 

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #79 of 107
Quote:
I'm having no luck opening the PDF my reader opens a box say I have no access to a file 20202020 or something like that. Is anyone else getting that or having trouble seeing it? Could the person re-post it in a new PDF or maybe break it up into smaller parts. I have know idea whats happening I'm just guessing. 

Its fine for me, maybe update Adobe?

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #83 of 107
Thanks head-fi for the great gift guide- I joined just to access it, but hope I can also contribute to the community.

Based on the guide and the Youtube review by InnerFidelity, I purchased a Sony MDR ZX700 for the wife. She was looking for sub $100 headphones for her gaming PC and music (indie rock, symphonic, electronic). I found the cans dirt cheap on Meijer's black friday site for $73 shipped. We'd tried out a [very] few models at our local Magnolia AV, but weren't too impressed with the selection.

I'll post back with her reaction to the Sony's. I'm a bit nervous that she'll hate the relatively poor bass response. I like neutral headphones (I use Senn 580s and etymotic er 6's), so maybe I'll keep them as beaters if she dislikes them and see how she likes the Grado sr80s or CAL! Aurvana.

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #87 of 107
Great guide! I think I "accidentally" left the guide open on my home computer which my family uses after talking about wanting an at-home set of cans xD  

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #88 of 107

Quote:
Great guide! I think I "accidentally" left the guide open on my home computer which my family uses after talking about wanting an at-home set of cans xD  

That's one way to drop a hint.  
cool.gif

You remembered to leave it on the page of what you wanted with cans dead center, right?

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #89 of 107
Quote:
That's one way to drop a hint.  
cool.gif

You remembered to leave it on the page of what you wanted with cans dead center, right?

haha yep, I left it on the "Summit-fi" page, although I think I'm being a bit too ambitious xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back