CHART | Balanced Armature-Based In-Ear Monitors & Technical Characteristics
Apr 18, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #31 of 132

Quote:
nice thread!

I agree. 

I don't know if this is possible, but if there was some way to keep the column titles at the top of the screen while the chart scrolls down, that would make things easier to interpret instead of having to go all the way to the top to see what each column is for.

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #32 of 132
Quote:
  I agree. I don't know if this is possible, but if there was some way to keep the column titles at the top of the screen while the chart scrolls down, that would make things easier to interpret instead of having to go all the way to the top to see what each column is for.

I added a link to download the spreadsheet (whatever version is current on the servers) directly to the computer. Unfortunately, the sheet cannot be embedded into the webpage, unless it's in HTML like it is now, and HTML doesn't allow lockable rows and columns. The spreadsheet has that locked in, though.

Quote:

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #33 of 132
NIce summary, its coming on well. I am trying to do myself a little summary of my earphones for the end of my reviews but can't grasp out to have stable that you can scroll across. You could not be of any assistance could you?

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #35 of 132
Sorry. You know you have your chart on the first post, it is rather wide an you can scroll across to see the whole thing. My chart is also wide but you can't scroll across (so only see half of it) and it is also squashed what you can see. In other words it's crap.
I want to be able to , like yours, scroll across. How did you manage this?

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #36 of 132
Quote:
Sorry. You know you have your chart on the first post, it is rather wide an you can scroll across to see the whole thing. My chart is also wide but you can't scroll across (so only see half of it) and it is also squashed what you can see. In other words it's crap.
I want to be able to , like yours, scroll across. How did you manage this?

Hmm, don't know, actually. When I embedded the chart, I only modified the height and width parameters.

May 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #38 of 132
UPDATE:

1. The chart has evolved significantly since its inception; I still don't have a good way to optimize its embedded view, but I encourage people who want to use the chart as a reference to download it onto your computer and view it.
  2. While the information is fairly comprehensive, it is by no means complete, nor is it necessarily all accurate. I welcome any member to PM me with details about any item in the chart or to leave a comment on the thread. While there are a number of members that regularly maintain the sheets, user input is the only way that the database can continue to expand and become a true item of reference.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #42 of 132
Quote:
  wow, i never knew that the UE super fi 3 was the first consumer BA. and released in 2004!

I didn't put that field in, it was one of the other editors, but I think it's meant to say is that it's the first BA IEM that was designed specifically for the mass consumer, not that it's the first BA IEM that consumers can buy. The ER4 was out for more than a decade prior to 2004. Even then, I don't know if the tidbit about the SF3 is true. I've removed it for now.

Note to public: while the information on the chart strives for accuracy, it is by no means fully fact-checked, so quote this information at your own discretion.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #43 of 132
Oh I did not mean it offence or anything more just suprise, even at its release date.
Thing is I did know about the ER4B coming first, must have elapsed my mind.
I do think it is possible though if it was 04, that they are the first BA iem aimed at consumers not professionals, or did the er6 come before that (a guess)?

That being said I think it sounds pretty poor.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #44 of 132
Quote:
Oh I did not mean it offence or anything more just suprise, even at its release date.
Thing is I did know about the ER4B coming first, must have elapsed my mind.
I do think it is possible though if it was 04, that they are the first BA iem aimed at consumers not professionals, or did the er6 come before that (a guess)?
That being said I think it sounds pretty poor.

No offense taken; I just didn't notice that field before you mentioned it --- the chart needs people to do fact checking and question it, so it was good that you commented on it.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #45 of 132
Actually I put that info and it was checked with some old advert from Jerry Harvey himself I'd found on the Net.

Quote:
but I think it's meant to say is that it's the first BA IEM that was designed specifically for the mass consumer, not that it's the first BA IEM that consumers can buy.

Exactly what I've meant

I think, given some uncertainties, it would be safe to say "one of the first" or something similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back