Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013
Dec 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #121 of 285
Good call on music...I have a few albums (Pink Floyd, Radiohead, some electronic) in FLAC that I will have running on my laptop in Fubar, I also have a Spotify Premium account (streams through the Music Streamer II @ 96kbs/44khz) that way anyone can listen to pretty much anything they want as long as there is a WiFi connection at the Clubhouse....

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #124 of 285
Just adding that I also just ordered a Schiit Modi and Magni so there will be two sets at meet.  

Needed something affordable to pair with my A900X and I think Ill prefer the Schiit to Fiio in this case  

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #125 of 285
Quote:
Just adding that I also just ordered a Schiit Modi and Magni so there will be two sets at meet.  

Needed something affordable to pair with my A900X and I think Ill prefer the Schiit to Fiio in this case  

Thanks for the update, I've added the gear to the list.

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #126 of 285
I've started to flag CDs in my collection to bring to the meet. I've got SACDs, Binaural and a few that are just really good recordings, DCC, MoFi, Audio Fidelity.....etc.

This is link to the on line Database of my CD collection  [size=12pt]My CD Collection[/size] feel free to peruse the list and make requests of music you'd like me to bring.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #128 of 285
Regarding the "for sale" listing are we allowed to volunteer our spouses as being available? 

With respect to your collection it is a great group of musical selections. I would enjoy hearing whatever binaural recordings you think would be good to get a taste of that experience. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #129 of 285
Quote:
Regarding the "for sale" listing are we allowed to volunteer our spouses as being available? 

With respect to your collection it is a great group of musical selections. I would enjoy hearing whatever binaural recordings you think would be good to get a taste of that experience. 

RE: spouses         It would be ok by me, however VRG&CC prohibits the sale of spouses on club property. There was some pretty nasty feedback in the Association newsletter the first two times this was done. Sorry. However spouses are welcome to attend and depending on the weather Golf may be an option.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #132 of 285
I will try to attend, but cant promise anything with my schedule as an engineering student . I had alot of fun at the meet at the hotel in charlotte last year so I figure this could be good.

If everything works out ill bring my:
Akg K601
Denon D2K, Moon audio black dragon cable, Lawton Audio pads, wood cups, mods.
O2 + ODAC combo.

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #133 of 285
Hey Cheese, try to break away for at least a few hours. Clinical studies of student behavior have shown that all study and no play degrades the quality of study time. Everyone need to recharge their batteries every-now-and-then with a little fun.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #134 of 285

Users who are viewing this thread

Back