Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013
Dec 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #151 of 285
If anyone has a vinyl setup and is concerned about transporting their turntable, I have an early 1980's vintage Yamaha P-550 with a Shure V15 type IV cartridge that I'm willing to loan out for the meet. This is not the best TT in the world but it's clean and functions well. It will get the job done.  

$(KGrHqF,!k0E67ynY32KBO5ukIH56!~~60_12.JPG

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #152 of 285
I'll bring my laptop and a Dacmagic. May bring a Pioneer RT-909 reel to reel if I haven't sold it by then. I can bring my IPOD if someone wants to hook it up to something. I could also bring a Pioneer DV-46Aav DVD player which plays SACD and DVDA

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #153 of 285
Happy to say that the Bottlehead Crack can be added to the headphone amp list.  I also have an HE-6 on the way, but I probably won't bring it to the meet if there will already be 2.

I'll be bringing my Macbook Pro as well.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #155 of 285
Quote:
One more update of possible interest for some.  I was waffling back and forth about it for awhile but I decided to pull the trigger on the new AKG K702 65th anniversary edition.  I'm sure there's some other x70x owners on here that will be interested in a comparison as well.

I can bring an original K702 and we can compare 'em.

Quote:
Looking over the gear list in post #2 I've noticed a lack of "source" gear. Does anyone have anything to add here?

I'll bring sources. An iPod and a couple LODs for portable devices. I haven't decided what to bring for the non-portable devices yet, but probably a Mac and a DAC with RCA outs.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #156 of 285
There will be multiple K702's I believe, mine is also on the list. Looks like there will plenty of LCD's to give a spin as well! :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #158 of 285
I should have mentioned, Is anybody interested in hearing an old pair of Sennheiser HD-590?  They're from 2005, I mostly just kept them because they were my first "real" headphone.  I can bring them along too, just wasn't sure if anyone would be interested or not.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #159 of 285
"Looking over the gear list in post #2 I've noticed a lack of "source" gear. Does anyone have anything to add here?"

Good observation Alex. You're not just another pretty face like all the others think you are. I know better. 

Regarding sources, I have to ask you to remove my CARY 303/300 from the list as the right channel went out on me and it is likely a chip problem. I don't know if it will be repaired in time for the Meet. I am hoping a few other good ole fashion CD players will make their way to the meet. If not, I can bring my
CARY 306SACD but it is a bit of a pain. Regardless, I will do what best serves the group. 

Also, I will bring my Woo Wee for anyone who brings electrostatics or wants to hear their K1000 through it. I will bring my Jade and Stax O2Mk2 headphones to add to the fun.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #160 of 285
Well, now that everyone has listed there high end, moothwateringly amazing source gear, I can add an iPod touch 4th gen (i think) I'll also be bringing my laptop along. It supposedly has a high end sound card...but to be honest i don't remember, as it went out some time ago. I seem to recall only one channel runs out of it. I think it's a soldering issue. Regardless, it does have a CD/blu ray player, so i can play CDs out of it so long as it's through a USB dac. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #161 of 285
I'm perfectly content with 320kbps MP3's coming out of a good DAC most times, but I also (thankfully for my sanity) don't have golden ears. I know this can be a taboo subject though, which is why I'll also be bringing FLAC. My CD collection is in a box in my parents garage 800 miles away :/

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #162 of 285
Quote:
 My CD collection is in a box in my parents garage 800 miles away :/

Oh, on the note of CD's, I have a fair bit of rock. A bunch of the Rush remasters albums, some Chevelle, Rise Against, Linkin Park, etc any one interested in me bringing them? 

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #163 of 285
Quote:
I should have mentioned, Is anybody interested in hearing an old pair of Sennheiser HD-590?  They're from 2005, I mostly just kept them because they were my first "real" headphone.  I can bring them along too, just wasn't sure if anyone would be interested or not.

Bring the HD-590, I have a senn HD-420 circa 1982 with the original box and receipt, I'll bring them. I can also bring my Sony MDR-V6, I bought those about 1990.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #165 of 285
I have a Sony XL 777 ES SACD player I can bring. Didn't know anyone would be interested. I can't remember the last time I used it, everything I listen to now is ripped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back