Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #166 of 285
Quote:
I have a Sony XL 777 ES SACD player I can bring. Didn't know anyone would be interested. I can't remember the last time I used it, everything I listen to now is ripped.

That would be great, bring it. Thanks.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #169 of 285
Well, I am bringing a laptop also to hook up to my Modi/Magni, I just didn't list it because I figured it was assumed 
rolleyes.gif
  Ah, well it should be interesting getting to listen to all those fancy disc spinners 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #172 of 285
OK, it looks like we've got sources covered, that's good. Looking over post #2 I'd say we're going to assembly an impressive display of gear and I glad to see there has been some discussion about the music also. after all, this meet isn't about just looking at the gear, it's about the different listening experiences.

Happy New Year everyone! I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. This will be a great meet.. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #173 of 285
Jan 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #176 of 285
Been wondering about those (the O2s).

I'll have another turntable at the ready. Don't think it's top quality but I'll have it. It's a Technics SL-J2. I've ordered a fresh cartridge for it as it was in my basement for a while. I'm hoping that will fix the distortion I'm currently experiencing.

I also have a Sony CDP-CX230 I can bring as another CD player. I'd hate to have people standing around not listening to anything.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #177 of 285
Hello everyone.  I would like to join the Meet if that is ok.
I am a new Head-Fi member, but have been lurking here for over a year reading thousands of posts.  (Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, right?)  I wanted to come last spring, but was out of the state at the time.  Glad I can make it this time.

Most of my gear is portable or transportable.  Sorry I don’t have any CD players or turntables to bring.  Here is what I have.
Source:  iPod touch.  iPod nano.  Everything I have ripped is 320 kpbs constant bit rate.  MP3 gain @ 90dB.
Interconnect:  Moon audio Silver Dragon ipod LOD to single end 1/8”.  FiiO L3 ipod LOD to 1/8”.
Amps:  Headstage Arrow 2.2G.  Nico SoundLabs Portable V3 (with all upgrades).
Headphones/IEM:  Grado RS1i.  AKG K702.  Ultimate Ears Triple Fi-10 w/Jaben ES8 cable.  Shure SE-530.  Ultimate Ears Super-Fi-5 with Jaben ES8 cable.  All have 1/8” mini jacks.  Will bring some 1/8 to 1/4” bullets.  And some various (new) rubber tips and olives if anyone is really interested in the IEMs.

Music:  I have all kinds of rock and blues.  So if you want anything special loaded on the ipods, I might have it and can make a playlist.

I look forward to meeting everyone and listening to some great rigs.
Rhett…  (aka. Howlin’ Fester)

edited.  changed font size.  Sorry. Only my second post.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #178 of 285
Ooops. Looks like I have a new addition to the headphone list. Just grabbed a used pair of Klipsch S4s. So, I'll have those in case anyone wants to try those as well. I've been interested in the IEMs lately for riding in my noisy van on my commute.

Welcome, Fester. This will be my first meet too. Hopefully, the hazing won't be too severe.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #180 of 285
Quote:
Hello everyone.  I would like to join the Meet if that is ok.
I am a new Head-Fi member, but have been lurking here for over a year reading thousands of posts.  (Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, right?)  I wanted to come last spring, but was out of the state at the time.  Glad I can make it this time.

Welcome, Fester! I've never been to a head-fi meet where I didn't feel welcome! I'm sure you'll have a blast. Looking forward to meeting all you guys..
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Since I'm just starting on my portable rig, the more IEMs and portable amps the better!

I'll bring my Yamaha EPH-100 IEM's if you want to try them out. I'll also bring my Fischer Audio Eterna's to sell/trade if anyone fancies them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back