Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013
Dec 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #137 of 285
Quote:
Pants are so old fashioned. In case you haven't heard, a true audiophile wears a kilt when doing serious listening. It enhances the low end.

Not to mention a significant increase in airiness...

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #139 of 285
Sorry to differ with you Alex but I could definitely hear a difference and prefer the poodle skirt. They also itch less since, unlike the kilt, they are not made out of wool. I have them in 5 different colors and depending upon my mood and what music I will be listening to determines which one I wear for that session.

My next group of tests will help determine if there is a difference sonically when wearing 5" or 3" heels. 

Hmmm, I wonder what the rest of the forum thinks of us North Carolina duds....I mean dudes. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #140 of 285
Hate to argue but you both are obviously delusional.

It's a well known fact that due to the folds in the kilt, it has a much faster transient response so really cannot be beat when drinking single malt scotch and listening to anything stronger than Puff the Magic Dragon.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #141 of 285
sorry to interrupt the fashion talk, but you can take the Fischer Audio FA-002w off the list and add Sony XB1000 in it's place.
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #142 of 285
nice dxanex

i went on Steve Eddy's website to get my Q cable reterminated and get a 4pin xlr to 1/4inch adapter for the show and noticed he had something called a headphone adapter. Basically it takes the audeze mini xlr connection and converts it to another headphone connection, so i got one to convert my lcd3 cable to a hd800 cable. Now we can all check out the 800s on the balanced rigs

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #145 of 285
One more update of possible interest for some.  I was waffling back and forth about it for awhile but I decided to pull the trigger on the new AKG K702 65th anniversary edition.  I'm sure there's some other x70x owners on here that will be interested in a comparison as well.  

Hoping they will be a reasonable improvement from my previous K701.  If not, or I just don't like them I figure I should be able to resell them without losing too much.  My curiosity got the best of me. Poor wallet...

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #146 of 285
Quote:
Sorry to differ with you Alex but I could definitely hear a difference and prefer the poodle skirt. They also itch less since, unlike the kilt, they are not made out of wool. I have them in 5 different colors and depending upon my mood and what music I will be listening to determines which one I wear for that session.

My next group of tests will help determine if there is a difference sonically when wearing 5" or 3" heels. 

Hmmm, I wonder what the rest of the forum thinks of us North Carolina duds....I mean dudes. 

....and you guys wonder why there isn't a high end audio store within a hundred miles...
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #148 of 285
Quote:
One more update of possible interest for some.  I was waffling back and forth about it for awhile but I decided to pull the trigger on the new AKG K702 65th anniversary edition.  I'm sure there's some other x70x owners on here that will be interested in a comparison as well.  

Hoping they will be a reasonable improvement from my previous K701.  If not, or I just don't like them I figure I should be able to resell them without losing too much.  My curiosity got the best of me. Poor wallet...

K701 & K702 sell in a flash in the FS forum. It seems every Head-Fier at some point wants to own a pair.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back