Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #181 of 285
Ooops. Looks like I have a new addition to the headphone list. Just grabbed a used pair of Klipsch S4s. So, I'll have those in case anyone wants to try those as well. I've been interested in the IEMs lately for riding in my noisy van on my commute.

Welcome, Fester. This will be my first meet too. Hopefully, the hazing won't be too severe.

I had the s4 and unfortunately misplaced them, I really enjoyed them, they had the best bass extension I've heard on an iem. I have a new pack of monster super tips I'll bring along to try out some new iems and hand out if others need be.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #183 of 285
Quote:

I'll bring my Yamaha EPH-100 IEM's if you want to try them out. I'll also bring my Fischer Audio Eterna's to sell/trade if anyone fancies them :)

I always like trying stuff out. I sort of jumped off the deep end for a portable setup, have Heir 4.As on the way and will probably end up with a Leckerton UHA-6S Mk2. But still interested in hearing stuff, it'll give me a good basis to compare the 4.As to when they finally get here.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #186 of 285
Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm not going to have either by the 20th I suspect (ear impressions just got to China a week ago and the UHA-6 is out of stock until the end of January).

In that case maybe you'll get a preview of what you put your money on. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #187 of 285
Quote:

In that case maybe you'll get a preview of what you put your money on. 
biggrin.gif

Indeed, that'll be nice. And if someone's got a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter I can even see what the UHA-6S can do (if anything) with the LCD-2s. Honestly I expect to keep separate desktop and portable setups, but if it does happen to work for everything that'd be even better.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #189 of 285
Quote:
Indeed, that'll be nice. And if someone's got a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter I can even see what the UHA-6S can do (if anything) with the LCD-2s. Honestly I expect to keep separate desktop and portable setups, but if it does happen to work for everything that'd be even better.

I've been meaning to build an adaptor, I'll try to get one done this weekend. Maybe make an RSA -> 4-pin XLR while I'm at it.

My UHA-6S is the original version, it's got plenty of grunt for the LCD headphones, those phones aren't too demanding. The newer version of the amp has more juice, too, so if you're happy with what you hear at the meet, you'll be fine.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #190 of 285
Do we have a need for a phono preamp with the turntables that will be there? If so, I can bring along my RSA F117 NightHawk.

Also, do I need to bring the CARY 306SACD or are we good without it?

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #191 of 285
Quote:

I've been meaning to build an adaptor, I'll try to get one done this weekend. Maybe make an RSA -> 4-pin XLR while I'm at it.

My UHA-6S is the original version, it's got plenty of grunt for the LCD headphones, those phones aren't too demanding. The newer version of the amp has more juice, too, so if you're happy with what you hear at the meet, you'll be fine.

Good to know; what opamps do you have in it?

I'm thinking if it sounds similar to my current Schiit stack at my normal listening levels then I'll probably get one and use it with all my cans (at least until I inevitably end up with a Mjolnir and Gungnir or something).

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #192 of 285
I have a couple 1/8 to 1/4 adapters i can throw in the bag. Well with the sudden interest in IEM's you can add my Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Edition to the list. I'm welcome to sell/ trade. I like the sound, but i swear my ear canals are just hell bent on rejecting every IEM in the world,so if anyone is interested.... Most of the tips have been tried for fit then just replaced in the baggie.

Oh and i have and 11ft (i think) long plain old auxiliary cord. Nothing fancy just a big, thick, boring monoprice 1/8 to 1/8 male-male cord. I can bring it along if it might find some use.

And on yet another side note, I have a second symetrix 304 that has a slight static problem. I can bring it if anyone wants to buy it for parts/repair. The working one i have is pretty nice...from what little experience i have. 4 outputs, up to 25 gain with infinite pot for it. mono/stereo button. I couldn't tell you whats wrong with it but hey...

...and this is my first meet as well

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #195 of 285
Quote:
Do we have a need for a phono preamp with the turntables that will be there? If so, I can bring along my RSA F117 NightHawk.

Also, do I need to bring the CARY 306SACD or are we good without it?

All I have preamp-wise is a bottom-of-the-barrel Behringer. I'll bring it, if for nothing more than to evaluate my need to upgrade in comparison to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back