Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Apr 25, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #1,037 of 1,140
woohoo, my iphone 6 hifi skyn just came in!

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #1,039 of 1,140
Apr 26, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #1,040 of 1,140
  @crazydeep how do you find the hifi skyn?

Here is my review of the Skyn - it's more of a personal experience using the Syyn.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748384/centrance-upcoming-product-for-iphone-5-above-and-ipod-touch-5-hi-fi-skyn/945#post_12340963

I personally love the product as it transforms my iOS device into a hi-fi player, albeit a little bulky and ugly hi-fi player!

I've been using this a lot - with the M8, I would only use it occasionally but the Skyn is so handy to use. I bought an iPod so that I don't have to keep switching my phone and also to future proof the product.

Recently, I have been eyeing the Chord mojo though :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #1,041 of 1,140
@crazydeep, Haha I'm from Singapore too and I have the chord mojo. I will probably spend some time comparing it tonight with the Skyn. Mojo is a tough contender...

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,042 of 1,140
Anyone tried comparing this with the super popular Chord Mojo? Is the Chord Mojo worth 3 times the price? In my opinion no ... but then again, folks seem to really like the Chord Mojo ...

This is nice. But I still really like my Chord Mojo.

I was conversing with a regional member, suggesting this would have made more impact on me had it been released the year prior, per the original release date estimate. Things beyond their control - understood. But in the time between, Bifrost went with 4490. Grace Design released m9XX. Even CEntrance released two versions of the DACport, which sound quite good when paired with a clean USB power source. And there was the Shard event and Chord Mojo, which takes a lot of the goodness of the Hugo but puts it in a smaller portable size and more approachable price.

Yes, the Mojo is still something quite sonically special to my ears - it stands among the best of DAC technology that I have heard. The 4490 is just very nice, which is not a bad thing at all. But it is certainly not the best of DAC technology I have heard.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,043 of 1,140
@crazydeep
, Haha I'm from Singapore too and I have the chord mojo. I will probably spend some time comparing it tonight with the Skyn. Mojo is a tough contender...

iichigoz I'm very interested in your perceptions of the Skyn vs the Mojo. I've upgraded my IEMs to 64 Audio U12s that are currently on the way and have been eyeing the Mojo. I really like the Skyn for its convenience as a portable and am really curious about how it compares sound wise to other offerings. I live in a small town in Mexico and have no access to gear to try myself.

Apr 26, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,044 of 1,140
I ordered the skyn for iPhone 6 but a few months back changed it to a iPod model and gosh I'm happy I did that, my skyn is now future prof with the touch 128gb. And a much "sleeker" design than iPhone 6 if you can call any of the skyn's sleek :)

I love it with my music two and can't wait to get the EI.XX later this month

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,045 of 1,140
  @crazydeep, Haha I'm from Singapore too and I have the chord mojo. I will probably spend some time comparing it tonight with the Skyn. Mojo is a tough contender...

Great - please post your impressions soon. 

I ordered the skyn for iPhone 6 but a few months back changed it to a iPod model and gosh I'm happy I did that, my skyn is now future prof with the touch 128gb. And a much "sleeker" design than iPhone 6 if you can call any of the skyn's sleek 
smily_headphones1.gif

I love it with my music two and can't wait to get the EI.XX later this month

Same here! I have the iPhone 6 Plus and initially thought of getting the 6 Plus version. But later ended up getting the iPod version and the new iPod touch.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #1,046 of 1,140
You guys made a good choice to change it to the iphone 5 version. My iphone 6 is really huge now and my friends are all laughing about it. It looks like a huge tv remote control. Haha! I should have changed it to the iphone 5 version but I'm really loving what comes out of it though.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,047 of 1,140
I had a lady sit down next to me once, at a crowded airport terminal, and confusingly look at the monster phone - iPhone 6+ with Skyn case. She next looked at the headphones I was wearing, which are also large, by modern portability and convenience standards - Audeze EL-8C.

She chose not to bother me 
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,048 of 1,140
I just got the new Sines with the cypher cable and they sound awesome with my iPhone 6.   I want to give the Skyn a chance whenever I get it, but I think it will be hard to beat the convenience of the cypher cable. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #1,049 of 1,140
  I just got the new Sines with the cypher cable and they sound awesome with my iPhone 6.   I want to give the Skyn a chance whenever I get it, but I think it will be hard to beat the convenience of the cypher cable. 

Has that become generally available now? I asked when it was first mentioned - I think Darko mentioned it in early 2015. The response from Audeze was it would eventually become available for general consumer use. But I still do not see this on the Audeze site.

My other question/concern is the headphones have been supposedly updated in late 2015/early 2016. So it is not clear to me that a Cypher cable bought today would still fit my earlier version EL-8C. If the cable has changed, then indeed the Skyn will be my only convenience option. And I'm fine with that - though I am still interested in hearing your comparison of the two when your Skyn arrives.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,050 of 1,140

I am not sure if they started selling the cable separately but i believe after a bit of hold up they are offering it with their Sine (I ordered mine on Sat and received them yesterday) and Titanium.  The headphone side of the Sine cypher cable are a pair 3.5mm.  Don't know if the EL-8 cypher cable is terminated the same.   I recommend shoot them a note to see if they are planning offering the cable for the older EL-8s.  Besides the Skyn and the cypher I was looking at what darko did with the new dragonfly and cck, the whole think also looked really small and convenient. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back