Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Apr 29, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,051 of 1,140
I'm curious about this product, maybe it's been answered but it's a lot of posts to go through: FIIO just announce the iAmp3, the first " MFi " headphone amplifier from FiiO, they states: 
bulild in DAC and headphone amp. supports up to 48K/16bit ( limited by Apple ). I also seen a kickstarter project, the aqua that cannot seem go past these limitations. So does thw skyn really support 24 bits 19kHz in terms of file format? or just upsampling? from another interface than apple music/itune? I'm not saying not possible, just curious why FIIO says they can't do it. If someone from CENTRANCE can comment even better.
Thanks!

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,052 of 1,140
  I'm curious about this product, maybe it's been answered but it's a lot of posts to go through: FIIO just announce the iAmp3, the first " MFi " headphone amplifier from FiiO, they states: 
bulild in DAC and headphone amp. supports up to 48K/16bit ( limited by Apple ). I also seen a kickstarter project, the aqua that cannot seem go past these limitations. So does thw skyn really support 24 bits 19kHz in terms of file format? or just upsampling? from another interface than apple music/itune? I'm not saying not possible, just curious why FIIO says they can't do it. If someone from CENTRANCE can comment even better.
Thanks!

48kHz is not a physical limit - it is a software limit, a choice made by Apple. There are apps, which can be used to load and playback high resolution audio on iDevices. With these apps, there is no upsampling. The native bit-rate of the music is sent to the CEntrance HiFi-Skyn.

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #1,053 of 1,140
Spent a significant amount of time with the Chord Mojo today and comparing vs the Centrance M8 and the Centrance Skyn.

The Mojo is definitely incredible (and awesome looking!) but so are the Centrance devices. I couldn't definitely say that I liked the Mojo more than the Centrance devices or vice versa. The Mojo sounds a bit different so it was a nice change. But that's about it.

All three devices had bunchy bass, good mids, great overall sound ... if I was doing a blind test, I would have an extremely hard time picking one which I liked the best ...

Bottom line ... the Mojo has been getting incredibly rave reviews, but the Skyn is definitely a winner, especially given it's convenience factor!

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,054 of 1,140
I'm curious about this product, maybe it's been answered but it's a lot of posts to go through: FIIO just announce the [COLOR=660099]iAmp3, the first " MFi " headphone amplifier from FiiO[/COLOR], they states: 
Thanks!

48kHz is not a physical limit - it is a software limit, a choice made by Apple. There are apps, which can be used to load and playback high resolution audio on iDevices. With these apps, there is no upsampling. The native bit-rate of the music is sent to the CEntrance HiFi-Skyn.

There is no technical reason for Fiio to limit the performance to 16/48 when using iDevices. You can use apps like iAudioGate or HF Player and load them with 24/96 FLAC (or even higher resolution) and output to an external DAC for processing.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #1,055 of 1,140
There is no technical reason for Fiio to limit the performance to 16/48 when using iDevices. You can use apps like iAudioGate or HF Player and load them with 24/96 FLAC (or even higher resolution) and output to an external DAC for processing.

OK thanks, thats actually the built in music app that I like in my Idevices, and the time saving syncing process...I guess I should go for a dedicated DAP, or wait to see what apple will do on next generations. There are rumors of hi res.

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,056 of 1,140
  OK thanks, thats actually the built in music app that I like in my Idevices, and the time saving syncing process...I guess I should go for a dedicated DAP, or wait to see what apple will do on next generations. There are rumors of hi res.

I won't bet on Apple moving into the High-Res space anytime soon.

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #1,059 of 1,140
I wish they would. I vastly prefer their playlists and recommendations over what I get from Tidal. Sad face.

Keep an eye on Sony.  They have been trying to do this for a couple of years now, and they still have yet to launch a high-res store, AND they are a major record label!!

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,060 of 1,140
  I won't bet on Apple moving into the High-Res space anytime soon.

I won't bet on the contrary, many signs shows that the years of lossy compressed music might soon be behind. Let's face it the speed of internet connections are not like 10 years ago, and cost of storage keeps getting lower. There is simply no more convenience factor in keeping the files tiny. Apple, as the biggest music retailer in the world are not dumb enough to let all that money in Neil Young's and Jay-z's Pockets.

May 18, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #1,064 of 1,140
Thanks but i was talking about the mrspeakers alphas. :) Ethers are easier to drive.

Ahh okay :)
Well i have my own pair of modded fostex t50rp mk2

hT55I6G.jpg

The skyn is at high gain and 3/4 volume I also have the mk3 it needs a tad more than mk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back