Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
May 21, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #1,084 of 1,140
  Whats up with the iPhone 6 delivery, I am still waiting!  I thought things were going smooth with delivery but they promised a delivery in a few weeks for me and its been a month. Well I just got the sines with the Cypher cable and I love it.  So now  I don't know if  I need the skyn at all. 

I'm at exactly the same point.  I no longer have any interest in the Skyn, but they refuse to give me a refund, so I guess I'll try to sell it -- if I ever receive it. 
mad.gif

May 21, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,085 of 1,140
  Whats up with the iPhone 6 delivery, I am still waiting!  I thought things were going smooth with delivery but they promised a delivery in a few weeks for me and its been a month. Well I just got the sines with the Cypher cable and I love it.  So now  I don't know if  I need the skyn at all. 

That's great to hear. The only reason I got the SKyn was to simplify my setup and get great quality sound. So looks the cypher cable is a pretty good solution to get great sound without needing an external DAC/amp?

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,090 of 1,140
I thought I'd come by because of how po'd I am still at this product. Being a backer, I ended up paying real close to the retail price of $399. Mine didn't fit so I sent it back to have the camera cutout dremmeled so it would fit. Since getting it back, the cover barely stays on and I have to tape it to keep it on. I didn't sent it back again or mention it because I just gave up on it. Every now and then I go to use it because it does sound great but because of the cover and the frustration that comes with it, I put it right back in the drawer. Can't sell it because of its faulty cover so I'm stuck with a $370 useless investment. Complete fail.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #1,091 of 1,140
I thought I'd come by because of how po'd I am still at this product. Being a backer, I ended up paying real close to the retail price of $399. Mine didn't fit so I sent it back to have the camera cutout dremmeled so it would fit. Since getting it back, the cover barely stays on and I have to tape it to keep it on. I didn't sent it back again or mention it because I just gave up on it. Every now and then I go to use it because it does sound great but because of the cover and the frustration that comes with it, I put it right back in the drawer. Can't sell it because of its faulty cover so I'm stuck with a $370 useless investment. Complete fail.

Sorry for the "fail" and that you're out $370.  Unfortunately, I can't even stick mine in the drawer.  Never received it, and they refuse to refund my money.  Lesson learned.

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,093 of 1,140
Didn't realize that people are still waiting to receive their units. I hope once you guys receive it, the fit is great because the convenience (if you don't have to tape it) and sound is worth it.

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,094 of 1,140
I'd forgotten about this thread. Months ago, I'd stayed subscribed to keep up on the latest horror stories. I had assumed by now at least that everyone had received their units and the dust had settled. I'm blown away that some of you still don't have units. And that some units don't fit is simply unacceptable. I wonder what the CEntrance apologists think of all this now, when months before they attacked those of us who could smell the rottenness of this endeavor and spoke out.

Anyways, I just wanna offer you guys who weren't lucky enough to get a refund (back when they were issuing refunds) my condolences for how this turned out for you. It's not fair, it's not right, and I'm just really sorry for you.

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,095 of 1,140
So I finally got mine (iPhone 6 model) last week. No doubt it was frustrating how long it took for the 6 models to get done. 

I think for the iPhone 5 / iPod Touch and iPhone 6+ models, they had already assembled all of them while waiting for approval (so as soon as it was approved, they just had to ship out, which took only a few weeks), whereas for the iPhone 6 models, I think they waited to assemble until after approval (not sure why), hence the reason it's taken ~3 months (and it appears still going!) since the 6 model was approved to get them shipped out.

Anyways, have spent a good amount of time listening with my JH Angies (probably 15hrs or so). The sound quality is great - I do notice a difference than when I drive the headphones directly from the phone (although this is very unscientific, hard to volume match, etc. so not sure how much is placebo effect)...

Some impressions:
  1. Background noise floor is absolutely dead black (definitely feels more "black" than without)
  2. Given that, the contrast / difference between sound and quiet seems greater / enhanced, and especially with great micro-detail pick-up, jazz recordings I've listened to have really sounded superb. High hats / cymbals sound very realistic and the decay very natural
  3. Haven't really noticed a difference with soundstage, although my reference is my Ether C's, which the Angie's can't compare to re: soundstage. Unfortunately, my Ether C's are terminated with 4pin XLR, so I can't connect them to the Skyn
  4. I'm still playing songs via Music app (24-96/192 which I've downsampled to via Foobar2k / SoX Resampler to 24/48 ALAC). I agree with previous posters that to get the most benefit from this, I should get a high-res playing app (like Onkyo HF) and play direct 24-96/192 FLAC... will get on this eventually
  5. Size - as others have noted, I didn't realize quite how big this thing would be. My use case for this is to use with my iPhone on-the-go, but this really adds considerable heft to my otherwise sleek iPhone 6S (which I normally carry naked). It's a bit too big to put in a pants pocket, and I've basically put into the inside pockets of my jacket when commuting to/from work. I can only imagine what it's like for those with iPhone 6+, hah! Just given total size, I think the iPhone 5 model is the sweet spot. I tried for the first few days keeping the Skyn on all the time basically as an iPhone case, but it's realistically too big for this. As such, I'm finding myself frequently putting on / off which is fine
  6. Fit - the fit is fine, although not perfect. There's a small gap along the sides - I am quite sure this is because I have the iPhone 6S, which is ever so slightly thicker than the 6. More cosmetic, the top and bottom fit is nice, and so don't ever feel there's any issue of staying on properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back