Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
May 18, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #1,066 of 1,140
I A/B the Centrance Hifi-Skyn against the AK240 recently and found them to be very close.
Different dacs that have a slightly different signature, IE: the Ak240 had more micro details down deep, but yes incredibly close.

*As also mentioned per DrSheeps earlier Skyn review.

May 19, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,067 of 1,140
I A/B the Centrance Hifi-Skyn against the AK240 recently and found them to be very close.
Different dacs that have a slightly different signature, IE: the Ak240 had more micro details down deep, but yes incredibly close.

*As also mentioned per DrSheeps earlier Skyn review.

Same result here when comparing the skyn to ak240 and Sony zx2
They all offer slightly different sound signatures with emphasis and strengths in different areas but it's all down to preferences, utility's and your wallet :)

May 19, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,072 of 1,140
May 19, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,074 of 1,140
Westones? Any input on those?

Not unless you aim for the older W4/4R.  Their new ones, 10/20/30/40/50/60, all have build quality issue due to the use of mmcx connectors and sonic weld around the shell, and sound wise they are not that impressive any more.  I still use my W4R from time to time, and at one point I was looking into getting the W60, but I ended up with JH and Noble instead.

May 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #1,075 of 1,140
Thanks! Will check out those iems...

BTW, does anyone have the size of the skyn for ipod touch?
The only dimensions in the centrance website is for the iphone 5.

Appreciate it. 

Edit:
Looks like the centrance 5/5s is the same as the ipod one :) I'm good.

May 19, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,076 of 1,140
  Thanks! Will check out those iems...

BTW, does anyone have the size of the skyn for ipod touch?
The only dimensions in the centrance website is for the iphone 5.

Appreciate it. 

Edit:
Looks like the centrance 5/5s is the same as the ipod one :) I'm good.

Yes it is.  CEntrance will ship the 5/5s model with a small matt to fill the gap for your iPT 5g.  In fact, I reviewed this for Head-Pie here:

http://headpie.blogspot.com/2015/12/centrance-hifi-skyn-review-by-dr-sheep.html

May 19, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,077 of 1,140
Whats up with the iPhone 6 delivery, I am still waiting!  I thought things were going smooth with delivery but they promised a delivery in a few weeks for me and its been a month. Well I just got the sines with the Cypher cable and I love it.  So now  I don't know if  I need the skyn at all. 

May 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,079 of 1,140
  Whats up with the iPhone 6 delivery, I am still waiting!  I thought things were going smooth with delivery but they promised a delivery in a few weeks for me and its been a month. Well I just got the sines with the Cypher cable and I love it.  So now  I don't know if  I need the skyn at all. 

I still haven't gotten mine either... From their updates, it looks like they are having to actually assemble these before shipping out? For the iPhone 5 and the 6+, the turnaround time to ship seemed MUCH faster than the 6 (like they already had everything assembled and they were just waiting on Apple approval before shipping out). They seemed to be all shipped out in 2-3 weeks, whereas we're approaching 3 months now since the 6 model was approved... and 4 months until the iPhone 7 is released, haha.

I don't know why they didn't already have the 6's assembled and just waiting for approval (maybe they were worried they needed to make additional changes post approval... or after the EM interference issue popped up, they held off producing all of these). Regardless, all excitement for me on this has gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back