Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Mar 22, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #1,007 of 1,140
New iphone SE looks like it will have the same footprint as the 5.

Quote:

The Apple iPhone 5C measures 124.4 x 59.2 x 8.97mm and weighs 132g. It comes in white, pink, yellow, blue and green colour options and it features a plastic shell casing.
The Apple iPhone 5S measures 128.8 x 58.6 x 7.6mm and hits the scales at 112g. It features an aluminium body that comes in silver or space grey colour options.
The Apple iPhone SE is a development of the 5S, taking the same design but refining it slightly with features such as matte edges. It measures 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6mm and hits the scales at 113g. This means the iPhone SE is slimmer and smaller than the iPhone 5C and the same size as the iPhone 5S, just a little shorter in height. It is also ever so slightly heavier but no one will notice that gram.

Source: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136692-apple-iphone-se-vs-iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5c-what-s-the-difference

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #1,008 of 1,140
I just picked up a set of JH Angie's this past weekend and am still waiting for my Skyn iPhone 6 version to come in... The latest update of shipping 50/week seems really strange to me, that's 10 per day (assuming M-F), or a little more than 1 per hour (assuming an 8hr day)... I know they said they have to test, box, pack and ship each one, but I would've thought you could do a LOT more than that (with 1 person, let alone with 2?) With all the delays, the fact that it may still take ANOTHER 3 weeks just to ship out seems like rubbing salt in the wound.

I hope they haven't moved their focus on to other things (ie. DACPortable) - they really should be dedicating all of their time to completing this campaign before spending time on new projects...

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,009 of 1,140
I just picked up a set of JH Angie's this past weekend and am still waiting for my Skyn iPhone 6 version to come in... The latest update of shipping 50/week seems really strange to me, that's 10 per day (assuming M-F), or a little more than 1 per hour (assuming an 8hr day)... I know they said they have to test, box, pack and ship each one, but I would've thought you could do a LOT more than that (with 1 person, let alone with 2?) With all the delays, the fact that it may still take ANOTHER 3 weeks just to ship out seems like rubbing salt in the wound.

I hope they haven't moved their focus on to other things (ie. DACPortable) - they really should be dedicating all of their time to completing this campaign before spending time on new projects...

When you get your Skyn I would be really interested in your take on the Angie's with it. I'm looking to get some new iems for my Skyn and for the new portable when it's available.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,010 of 1,140
tylerchris Couldn't agree with you more. Everybody on their staff, including and especially Michael, should be there in the trenches shipping out units as fast as they can, rather than splitting the team in two (as Michael reported) so that they can make money on a new project. Sorry to beat a dead horse on this thread, but I just can't believe these guys... their behavior deserves attention.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #1,011 of 1,140
When you get your Skyn I would be really interested in your take on the Angie's with it. I'm looking to get some new iems for my Skyn and for the new portable when it's available.

Sure, I'll post my impressions once I get them. For now, I've been listening to the Angies (v1s, not v2s) directly out of my iPhone 6S (my primary DAP), and they sound pretty good. I spent about 3hrs this past weekend auditioning the Angie v1s and the Rosies through my Centrance HiFi-M8 before I pulled the trigger on the Angies. I don't like using the HiFi-M8 with the Angies though long-term because I can definitely hear the noise floor - the HiFi-M8 is for my Ether Cs.

@tylerchris Couldn't agree with you more. Everybody on their staff, including and especially Michael, should be there in the trenches shipping out units as fast as they can, rather than splitting the team in two (as Michael reported) so that they can make money on a new project. Sorry to beat a dead horse on this thread, but I just can't believe these guys... their behavior deserves attention.

Yah... I've been a big supporter of Centrance here on the forums, giving them the benefit of the doubt (especially on this thread!) whenever I could. They've definitely made some mis-steps, especially when it comes to "optics" and how certain decisions look to their customers / target market. But this is starting to test even my patience now...

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #1,012 of 1,140
Yah... I've been a big supporter of Centrance here on the forums, giving them the benefit of the doubt (especially on this thread!) whenever I could. They've definitely made some mis-steps, especially when it comes to "optics" and how certain decisions look to their customers / target market. But this is starting to test even my patience now...

I'm like you. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt, and I tend to believe in the inherent goodness of people in general. But I also can't stand people being taken advantage of. And a pattern has emerged here over time. Almost every action of this company (during this campaign) has demonstrated a lack of respect and concern for its customers and supporters. It's been one thing after another. It's too frequent and consistent to be accidental. Benefit of the doubt best case scenario, CEnttance is blissfully ignorant of their own actions.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #1,013 of 1,140
Has anyone received one of these for their 6 yet?

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,014 of 1,140
Has anyone received one of these for their 6 yet?

I certainly haven't received mine, and they've refused to issue a refund.  (Centrance) Lesson learned!
mad.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #1,016 of 1,140
They told me that mine will be shipping out this friday. I hope all will go well man. This is just taking too long and I too wanted to ask for a refund. Haa

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #1,017 of 1,140
Yes, I was one of the early adopters. January 2015 I joined the campaign, purchased the Amp Extreme in February 2015, Tidal as well, in December 2015 i paid for international shipping. 

So far - haven't received anything. Anyhow, Michael updated 11 days ago that within 3 weeks they should send out all remaining Skyns - so let's see 10 days left. As one of the first participants it's only fair to receive my device last (NOT). 

Anyhow - I would happily change my Skyn to a DACPort but then it only will ship in July and waiting another few months for something I can use.... not sure I want to do that.

Anyhow, crossing fingers that within the next 10 days I might finally hold the Skyn in my hands (or at least the dispatch confirmation).

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #1,018 of 1,140
Eagerly waiting the day for them to appear at home. Waiting on 5 and 6+ versions. Wonder if anyone in Australia has received them. Kinda wish I realised i5 changed to skyn earlier, late on skyn missed the early bird price ><, but been eager for a long time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back