Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Nov 1, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #691 of 1,140
I just need some clarification here if someone can help with that.

I backed the project back in April for 224$ and I was advices by CEntrace to do the amp extreme upgrade and saw the benefits of doing that and payed 79$ for the upgrade.

I also backed the better DAC ship for 59$ as I thought that it was an upgrade that I could pay for but I found out it was a stretch goal of 100k that was already made and the option had not been removed so I waisted 59$ on that.

The final unit that CEntrace has on there webpage will that be with the amp extreme as a standard option ? For 400$ ?

Yes aa far as I can tell, the final unit that's available on their website (and on IndieGoGo now) for $399 would include the Amp Extreme. I'm not really sure if they're going to make a separate, cheaper version without the Amp Extreme - that would seem unnecessary / waste of resources, but who knows what their situation is re: inventory, etc.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #693 of 1,140
I'm can't remember exactly, did Michael mention 6s will be covered as well on the updates?
Seems there is a 0.2mm thickness difference. Probably won't matter? Probably no one know yet?? :)

Yes, 2 months ago when the iPhone 6S was released, Michael posted an update on the IGG page saying that it would work with iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, so they should still fit. Hope this last test passes and they can start shipping!

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #697 of 1,140
Hopefully Michael and his team catch a break, get these approved, and can start shipping... Based on the recent comments on the IGG page, the mob is really starting to turn!

I agree the last update was a bit vague, hopefully him mentioning only the iPhone 5 version was an oversight, and that approving one means approving all.

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #698 of 1,140
I agree the last update was a bit vague, hopefully him mentioning only the iPhone 5 version was an oversight, and that approving one means approving all.

At this point, I would be shocked if that was the case, both because I can't imagine that being an oversight and because approval of compatibility with the newest iPhones will likely require a different process.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #699 of 1,140
 Based on the recent comments on the IGG page, the mob is really starting to turn!

Just looked over there and that's definitely true, but the vast majority of the comments are justified.

1. A lot of the updates cast Apple as the 'evil giant fruit company' and CEntrance as the poor little guy.  While Apple obviously is the giant, CEntrance has been around a long time and has worked with Apple before and lots of other companies manage this process, so there's no excuse for CEntrance not reconciling most of these 'little issues' several months ago.  Also, CEntrance will (hopefully) profit off of this product solely because of Apple, so all of the snide comments about Apple are in poor taste.
  2. The communication has been poor and the shipping timelines have been disingenuous -- the Skyn is even listed as "In Stock" on CEntrance's site and other retailers!
  3. The purported retail price of the Skyn was significantly overstated.

I have confidence that CEntrance will deliver a quality product, but I'm surprised that a company with its experience and reputation has handled this release so dishonestly. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #701 of 1,140
Wow what an up and down rollercoaster the past few days have been! So looks like after all that, the Touch version has been approved. Now that they're sending their iPhone 5 and 6 versions out to Asia, hopefully it doesn't take that long - pro that since the Touch version has been approved, Michael mentioned subsequent approvals should be faster... con that apparently Asia's customs takes a longer time!

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #703 of 1,140
At last!!! Centrance has approval to ship the "iPod Touch Generation 5" version!

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #705 of 1,140
So close but the saga continues. Need to 'contribute' an additional $20 for domestic shipping of a pocket-sized item? Need to 'contribute' an additional $80 for current amp if haven't done so already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back