Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Sep 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #586 of 1,326
  They're pretty passionate about each other, aren't they?

great response
My HiFi-M8 and iPod Classic can't get outta bed!!
  Heh heh, Hifi-M8 threads are the best threads (and Head-fi community).

INDEED!!!!
  We had a lil` ol mini meet today in Tokyo.

A couple of tables at a cafe full of portable gear, hifiman-901, AK120, tera player, ALO amps, pico slim, vorzuge amp, the entire venturecraft range and others....Lots of universal and custom in ears - the latest Shure, several variations of fitears......an array of cables...and so on.

I found my Hifi-M8 held its own against the AK120 fairly well, but the Hifiman-901 nudged it out by a slim margin when used by more revealing in ears.

With my ATH-ESW11 (and their limitations as an over the ears and upper mid-fi product) it was a fairly even contest between the three.

All in all a satisfying day.

love mini meets!

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #587 of 1,326
Traveling w/ my HiFi-M8 for the first time since my review (aside of going from local spot to local spot)

Flew back here to LA from Northern California - and its been FANTASTIC!

this is the first time I haven't brought multiple dac/amps w/ me!!

Yeah hooh!!!
GREAT mornin' w/ coffee and friends:

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #588 of 1,326
I travel for a week mid October. I may take the HIFI-M8 and Mad Dogs, but realistically, it will likely be just the iPod touch and my 1964 ears quads. Smaller is better sometimes. Especially if I decide to live out of a carry on for a week. I'll miss the M8 though. I could bring it and use it with the quads. Kinda like using a formula 1 car to get the mail though.

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #589 of 1,326
I travel for a week mid October. I may take the HIFI-M8 and Mad Dogs, but realistically, it will likely be just the iPod touch and my 1964 ears quads. Smaller is better sometimes. Especially if I decide to live out of a carry on for a week. I'll miss the M8 though. I could bring it and use it with the quads. Kinda like using a formula 1 car to get the mail though.

Finally, a succinct metaphor. Thanks! 

You sure saw me struggle with that one :)

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #590 of 1,326

So put some good tires on that Formula one and get some JH16 Pro Freq Phase's to go with it...
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #592 of 1,326
Sep 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #593 of 1,326
I went to ciems from full sized cans. I think I will never go back to full sized cans anymore. Ciems are giving all I need. Still, I am planning to buy HD800 for a reference can at home though. That one is just to die for (with correct amp/dac + cable combination I believe).

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #594 of 1,326
The one thing holding me back from CIEMs is the thought of paying so much for something so small. And possibly fragile?

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #597 of 1,326

Finally, a succinct metaphor. Thanks! 

You sure saw me struggle with that one :)

I borrow all my best stuff from my dad - the metaphor king!

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #598 of 1,326
The one thing holding me back from CIEMs is the thought of paying so much for something so small. And possibly fragile?

Get a silicone earpiece (Spiral Ear ciems for example). They are kind of indestructible. Also paying so much for something that small? Really? I appreciate it, that something that small can sound as good as full sized cans and keep me isolated with very good portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back