CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #586 of 3,770
They sound incredible for the price that’s for sure. There’s the law of diminishing returns with higher end stuff...

Do you have a short list of what you've owned? I mean, maybe I'm tripping balls but are the C16's not, like, some high-end audiophile type stuff?

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #587 of 3,770
There’s the law of diminishing returns with higher end stuff...

Oh for sure, I myself have experienced this SEVERAL times...but at the same time...I guess I've never experienced it THIS cheaply. $250 for my SW3 was a bit of a shocker...$250 and it bests IEM's costing twice as much if not more? Come on!...

But under $100? For something BETTER...like demonstrably better? Dude, I'm freaking out a little bit over here.

Either the high end has gotten A LOT BETTER (I doubt it) or the low end is catching up (thanks China!)...that or the C16 is just a freakin' freak of nature and KZ/CCA are losing their minds and their money.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #588 of 3,770
Do you have a short list of what you've owned? I mean, maybe I'm tripping balls but are the C16's not, like, some high-end audiophile type stuff?
Not likely, I suppose against branded ones. But, when tuned right, of course anything is possible. :wink:

...Occassionally, I visit my friends shop in China, and hear the best of the best for hours there. So, when the C16 is tuned right, they are not that much different, IMHO.

I've owned many and either sold or gifted them. You could checkout my profile on my latest ones:
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #589 of 3,770
A user on Reddit when I posted this exact topic there: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/has...gher-than-its-ever-been.905580/#post-14923597

said the following that really expanded my mind and thoughts on this. He said:

The thing with headphones is that they have wildly different sound signatures. And I think sound signature was shown to be one of the strongest indicators of headphone preferences. So if something costs 10x more and maybe has better components, you still might not prefer over something cheaper.

So, in theory, who cares about price? Who cares about hand made German craftsmanship...who cares about where it's made, what it's made of etc.

Even a $1,200 CIEM can sound worse to someone than a $100 IEM...and in the end that's all that matters. Nothing matter except how it sounds to YOU.

To me the CCA C16 sounds INCREDIBLE...on par with the BEST I've ever heard...the most EXPENSIVE I've ever heard...the most PRESTIGIOUS I've ever heard...so you know what? Even for less than $100 it's, hands down, one of the best I've ever heard and that's all that matters. Period.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #590 of 3,770
Oh for sure, I myself have experienced this SEVERAL times...but at the same time...I guess I've never experienced it THIS cheaply. $250 for my SW3 was a bit of a shocker...$250 and it bests IEM's costing twice as much if not more? Come on!...

But under $100? For something BETTER...like demonstrably better? Dude, I'm freaking out a little bit over here.

Either the high end has gotten A LOT BETTER (I doubt it) or the low end is catching up (thanks China!)...that or the C16 is just a freakin' freak of nature and KZ/CCA are losing their minds and their money.
...I go with the low end catching up.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #591 of 3,770
...I go with the low end catching up.

That's exactly what it is. Read my last comment for my new and revised views on this. The CCA C16 sounds top notch because it IS top notch. I don't care if it's cheap, it's a TOTL IEM and that's all there is to it. Done and done. I own high-end. If people prefer a $1,000 IEM that's their preference, doesn't at all make it BETTER.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #592 of 3,770
A user on Reddit when I posted this exact topic there: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/has...gher-than-its-ever-been.905580/#post-14923597

said the following that really expanded my mind and thoughts on this. He said:

So, in theory, who cares about price? Who cares about hand made German craftsmanship...who cares about where it's made, what it's made of etc.

Even a $1,200 CIEM can sound worse to someone than a $100 IEM...and in the end that's all that matters. Nothing matter except how it sounds to YOU.

To me the CCA C16 sounds INCREDIBLE...on par with the BEST I've ever heard...the most EXPENSIVE I've ever heard...the most PRESTIGIOUS I've ever heard...so you know what? Even for less than $100 it's, hands down, one of the best I've ever heard and that's all that matters. Period.
+1 Yup! :thumbsup:

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #593 of 3,770
Auvio by drjlo2, on Flickr

It's quite interesting how people's preferences can vary widely, which I'm sure depends on the whole system and the kind of music one listens to.

I found the Auvio tips to have the effect of removing density/intensity in upper-midrange to lower-midrange and relocating them to high treble and sub-bass, making music sound less dense, more twinkly lighter while giving you more of a soundstage but less intimately close. I guess one has to try both and see what they prefer.
+1 Exactly! :beerchug:

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #597 of 3,770
I am another one that think the C16 is quite incredible. Not a miracle of course ...
I received mine about 10 days ago and with it I also bought a new DAP. At first they sounded a little thin and harsh, but I knew that this could get better, specially because the DAP uses a Sabre DAC chip and i know for my desktop DAC that it improves a lot after 100 hours.
Now the C16 and the new DAP have close to 100 hours under the hood, and oh boy they sound fantastic !
I do believe in burn in, just don't know how much of the difference is due to the DAP or the IEM ...
Yesterday I spent 5 hours on a plane with the C16 and it was a pure joy. Also it is very responsive to EQ, and after a small bump on the bass I was amazed with the result.
I don't have many experience, and i will receive the BQEYZ BQ3 in 3 days, so i will be able to compare the DD vs BA bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back