CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #526 of 3,770
I would suggest, if you were saving for the C16, but don't have the Auvio silicone ear tips to get the best out of them. You should really consider the CA4. There's no need to swap the default tips on them, since they are practically a perfect musical match for each other. The sound signature will bring you to a more linear and balanced experience! Definitely, a different sounding level of experience to my ears, when compared to the C10, ****, and ZSN, and even the ZSN PRO. ...The variety of the different sound signatures has never been better!

Thanks. Will check them. Any thoughts on Vsonic GR07/VS3? The new series with detachable cables looks promising as Vsonic is usually plagued by cable issues.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #527 of 3,770
I would suggest, if you were saving for the C16, but don't have the Auvio silicone ear tips to get the best out of them. You should really consider the CA4. There's no need to swap the default tips on them, since they are practically a perfect musical match for each other. The sound signature will bring you to a more linear and balanced experience! Definitely, a different sounding level of experience to my ears, when compared to the C10, ****, and ZSN, and even the ZSN PRO. ...The variety of the different sound signatures has never been better!
i seem to notice in the IEMs i own c10, revonext ect.. they seem to lose some treble and sparkle after burn in... why is this the case? has it got to do with the armature drivers ?

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #528 of 3,770
Thanks @Nimweth but not excited by T2 as didn't like their sound. Feel very confused as I've never dabbled into this price bracket. All suggestions are welcome

Might want to try out some BQEYZ. I think the KB100is the most neutral one, but not for sure on that. I just received KC2 and they are in my ears as we speak. IMO they are the BQEYZ version of the C10. Less midbass then C10 but still ample bass for everything. Less bleed into low mids then C10. Mids are a toss up between the 2, but female vocals have the edge on the KC2. Both are very natural and have very satisfying mids. KC2 has a slight edge on treble, with just a bit more sparkle. I want to wrap my head around the staging and separation aspects of them at a different time as my first impression was they are more closed in then c10, but I have been listening to Nicehck N3 for about 6 hours straight when I jammed KC2 in my ears. Also listening on a different DAP this morning then I was last night/yesterday.

KC2 are selling on Ebay for $35. IMO that's a good price.

Other then that I hear great things about NICEHCK d600 and highsenior B5+, which I am interested in, but they are both at the $100ish price point.

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #529 of 3,770
Might want to try out some BQEYZ. I think the KB100is the most neutral one, but not for sure on that. I just received KC2 and they are in my ears as we speak. IMO they are the BQEYZ version of the C10. Less midbass then C10 but still ample bass for everything. Less bleed into low mids then C10. Mids are a toss up between the 2, but female vocals have the edge on the KC2. Both are very natural and have very satisfying mids. KC2 has a slight edge on treble, with just a bit more sparkle. I want to wrap my head around the staging and separation aspects of them at a different time as my first impression was they are more closed in then c10, but I have been listening to Nicehck N3 for about 6 hours straight when I jammed KC2 in my ears. Also listening on a different DAP this morning then I was last night/yesterday.

Other then that I hear great things about NICEHCK d600 and highsenior B5+, which I am interested in, but they are both at the $100ish price point.

Read about D600 and B5+ look very promising. Will check these as well. Don't KC2 have a V-shaped signature?

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #530 of 3,770
Read about D600 and B5+ look very promising. Will check these as well. Don't KC2 have a V-shaped signature?
Possibly. As of now I have been listening to a lot of Funk, Jazz Funk fusion, City Pop and Disco and its more U-ish then anything. Very similar to C10 with less midbass impact. I think I read that there are multiple signatures dependant on if you block the ports in the back. If you block the ports its bass heavy. If you block one of the ports its a bit less and if you don't block them its more linear. Im guessing I am not blocking any ports.

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #531 of 3,770

Do you have any thoughts to share about the BQEYZ BQ3 ? They were selling for 42 on the last Ali sale.

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #532 of 3,770
Thanks. Will check them. Any thoughts on Vsonic GR07/VS3? The new series with detachable cables looks promising as Vsonic is usually plagued by cable issues.
As of lately, I haven't checked out their latest units. But, you're right! That has always been the issue with them. :thinking: ...To me personally, they are a little outdated for such a "hefty price". Today, there are cheaper and better alternatives with similar sound signatures. ...It just takes a little research and perseverance.

Apr 25, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #533 of 3,770
i seem to notice in the IEMs i own c10, revonext ect.. they seem to lose some treble and sparkle after burn in... why is this the case? has it got to do with the armature drivers ?
I assume, what might be happening is that it tends to "smooth-out" after the intended burn-in period, whether you've been listening to them well over 100 hours, or so. A mixture of a copper/silver detachable cable will bring it up to speed, as it definitely enhanced my C10 and made them sound even better with more clarity then the first time I heard them.

...several pages back, I've posted my C10's with the new mix copper/silver cables.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #534 of 3,770
Possibly. As of now I have been listening to a lot of Funk, Jazz Funk fusion, City Pop and Disco and its more U-ish then anything. Very similar to C10 with less midbass impact. I think I read that there are multiple signatures dependant on if you block the ports in the back. If you block the ports its bass heavy. If you block one of the ports its a bit less and if you don't block them its more linear. Im guessing I am not blocking any ports.

Fascinating. So if i were to sum up your impressions then KC2 is slightly luxurious C10s? Am I correct?

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #535 of 3,770
As of lately, I haven't checked out their latest units. But, you're right! That has always been the issue with them. :thinking: ...To me personally, they are a little outdated for such a "hefty price". Today, there are cheaper and better alternatives with similar sound signatures. ...It just takes a little research and perseverance.

Got it. Think will wait a little longer to get my first "premium" iem. CA 4 looks nifty at $14, surely worth the gamble IMO. Hope they're still gifting that silver cable

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #536 of 3,770
...several pages back, I've posted my C10's with the new mix copper/silver cables.

Are you talking about the new (thicker) mixed KZ cables?

Do you have the older (thinner) mixed cables?

How do you like the new thicker cable? How does it compare to the TRN cable? Same overall thickness? Same softness/stiffness?

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #537 of 3,770
i have B5+, the mids are very powerful, i am not sure how many people will like this, if you wanna buy them you have to be sure what kind of animal is that first, it is not neutral earphone, it is master for some type of music and not very good for other types

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #538 of 3,770
i have B5+, the mids are very powerful, i am not sure how many people will like this, if you wanna buy them you have to be sure what kind of animal is that first, it is not neutral earphone, it is master for some type of music and not very good for other types

Read your review. Thanks for a detailed analysis. Looks like B5 isn't for me then

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #539 of 3,770
Thanks @Nimweth but not excited by T2 as didn't like their sound. Feel very confused as I've never dabbled into this price bracket. All suggestions are welcome
It was the T3 (1DD+Knowles BA) that I was thinking of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back