CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #1,051 of 3,770
You could try the Auvio silicone "wide-bore" ear tips. ...You won't miss a note! :wink:

i am using this on my C10, Qt2 , QT5 and ZSN... is this good too?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32712990205.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.11aa4c4dUIHtZw

HTB1_sQXUcbpK1RjSZFyq6x_qFXaW.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #1,052 of 3,770
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,053 of 3,770
I hope that the ear-tips has arrived... :wink: What's the difference between the new AET07a and the previous version of AET07? I haven't found anything on Acoustune web... Thanks

Sorry for the delay in my response, I got the AET07a and AET08a from MTMTaudio:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collections/eartip

The descriptions there say:

"In 2019, a NEW version - AET07a is released, which perform significant enhancement, more comfortable with wide-range clarity of sound."
"In 2019, a NEW version - AET08a is released, which provide deeper bass sound."

Since I don't have the previous (non-"a") versions of these eartips, I can't confirm how improved they are, but I can say I like the AET07a (especially on my Moondrop Kanas Pro). I haven't yet found a good pairing for the AET08a with the earphones I listen to and the sound I like, but when I've tried them I can confirm they increase the bass.

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,054 of 3,770
I just received kb10 and they are more balanced and warm than A10. Need few hours more to have better opinion but they have different tuning and, for me, slightly better because less treble sound signature

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #1,055 of 3,770
I guess all vinyl records are recorded in 'mono crap', even when they say 'stereo'.
tenor.gif

Stereo Vinil has 2 slopes for each channel, where the needle moves side to side. BTW Here's a cool shot of that made with an electron microscope, it's pretty cool (at 5:01 mark):

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #1,056 of 3,770
Stereo Vinil has 2 slopes for each channel, where the needle moves side to side. BTW Here's a cool shot of that made with an electron microscope, it's pretty cool (at 5:01 mark):

Wow, that’s really cool! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what a quadraphonic LP looks like? Since a 2-channel stereo LP has 2 slopes, how would 4 channels be created on the physical media?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #1,057 of 3,770
Sorry for the delay in my response, I got the AET07a and AET08a from MTMTaudio:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collections/eartip

The descriptions there say:

"In 2019, a NEW version - AET07a is released, which perform significant enhancement, more comfortable with wide-range clarity of sound."
"In 2019, a NEW version - AET08a is released, which provide deeper bass sound."

Since I don't have the previous (non-"a") versions of these eartips, I can't confirm how improved they are, but I can say I like the AET07a (especially on my Moondrop Kanas Pro). I haven't yet found a good pairing for the AET08a with the earphones I listen to and the sound I like, but when I've tried them I can confirm they increase the bass.
Thanks, I was impatient and because I enjoy the AET07 for more open sound and a good fit/seal, I have already purchased the AET07a and in the comparison to AET07 I don't see any differences except for the plastic case they come with (also a higher price tag :D)... maybe, just maybe the new ones (AET07a) hold the shape better, but it might be due to the usage of old ones.

01.jpeg

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,058 of 3,770
Wow, that’s really cool! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what a quadraphonic LP looks like? Since a 2-channel stereo LP has 2 slopes, how would 4 channels be created on the physical media?
The most common quadrophonic system on vinyl was SQ. This had two channels (slopes) which had the extra channel information encoded into the grooves. A special decoding unit was required to produce four audio channels on replay. True (discrete) systems did exist and required a special pyramidal stylus to retrieve the four channel information. Going off topic here, sorry!

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,059 of 3,770
Thanks, I was impatient and because I enjoy the AET07 for more open sound and a good fit/seal, I have already purchased the AET07a and in the comparison to AET07 I don't see any differences except for the plastic case they come with (also a higher price tag :D)... maybe, just maybe the new ones (AET07a) hold the shape better, but it might be due to the usage of old ones.

Maybe the ‘a’ versions are infused with pixie dust?

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,060 of 3,770
If they fit you snug with no problem of feeling loose or leaking of sound? ...Then you should be fine!:thumbsup:
But just keep in mind, every ear form does have its differences in shape since I do carry those but doesn't fit me so well.
i like the revonext qt2 sound signature .. can u recommend me an alternative?

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,061 of 3,770
i like the revonext qt2 sound signature .. can u recommend me an alternative?
Similarities that comes to mind as an alternative, but not necessarily the best are based below.

HiFi BCD
Nicely balanced, natural sounding atmosphere with enhanced bass and hi-end treble and micro details. 3D-like holographic environment, good width, depth, and frontal stage. Excellent Imaging with good spatial separation.

KZ ZSA
Nice deep and rich bass, clear vivid MIDs and highs, wide soundstage and depth with excellent resolution.

KZ ZS5 (V.1)
Bright, balanced with enhanced vocal, clarity, and resolution. Note: Unfortunately, these might be very hard to come by, since being replaced by version 2.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #1,062 of 3,770
I just received kb10 and they are more balanced and warm than A10. Need few hours more to have better opinion but they have different tuning and, for me, slightly better because less treble sound signature
That’s interesting that they’re tuned different. I wonder if it’s simply a piece of foam in the treble bores. I use a felt filter from a pair of cheap iems that seems to work at cutting the treble overall without causing any weird peaks or dips. I want to experiment with micropore tape and different felts. I just need to find a good adhesive that will stay sticky but not have too much grab. Something like the adhesive that’s used on Post-It notes.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #1,063 of 3,770
That’s interesting that they’re tuned different. I wonder if it’s simply a piece of foam in the treble bores. I use a felt filter from a pair of cheap iems that seems to work at cutting the treble overall with causing any weird peaks or dips. I want to experiment with micropore tape and different felts. I just need to find a good adhesive that will stay sticky but not have too much grab. Something like the adhesive that’s used on Post-It notes.

After burnin it seems identical

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,064 of 3,770
After burnin it seems identical
Even more interesting. Before burn in my A10 were a hot mess. I had a nauseating headache that worked it’s way to my eyeballs for a full day. I swore I was never using iems again. I’m still a bit afraid of the A10. If I listen to anything else and switch to the A10 it’s still pretty hot. Foam tips help a lot. The TRN foams on Aliexpress are nice. Also the Nicehck foams seems to be the same. I’m waiting for the KZ brand foams along with my AS12 which I suspect are the same as the TRN. I’m hoping the AS12 fixes all the wrongs of the A10.....with more bass to boot.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #1,065 of 3,770
Similarities that comes to mind as an alternative, but not necessarily the best are based below.

HiFi BCD
Nicely balanced, natural sounding atmosphere with enhanced bass and hi-end treble and micro details. 3D-like holographic environment, good width, depth, and frontal stage. Excellent Imaging with good spatial separation.

KZ ZSA
Nice deep and rich bass, clear vivid MIDs and highs, wide soundstage and depth with excellent resolution.

KZ ZS5 (V.1)
Bright, balanced with enhanced vocal, clarity, and resolution. Note: Unfortunately, these might be very hard to come by, since being replaced by version 2.

Hope this helps...

-Clear
thanks... the Qt2 has excellent depth... i can hear sounds which play can play at bottom and top forward and back .. something lacking in the C10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back